Kombat Pack 2 Characters Revealed!

There is absolutely no way that LeatherFace is in MKX because of his actor's death. These deals don't get done over night, they're done months in advance.

it does take time surely, however, I heavily doubt this is what they wanted. most highly requested guests around were terminator, alien, ash, m. meyers and spawn. IIRC they were even given the green light for spawn. I do not remember anyone requesting leatherface and even if some did, they surely didn't even come close to the number of the requests the others got. I believe they managed to seal this one off in a month's time and it was enough for them to do some light work for their teaser. I do expect him to not be the first or second character though, really believe this is a tribute

it does take time surely, however, I heavily doubt this is what they wanted. most highly requested guests around were terminator, alien, ash, m. meyers and spawn. IIRC they were even given the green light for spawn.

Exactly. Do you think they had Spawn or Meyers queued up, but then scapped all that work to quickly throw together a completely different character?

Not many casuals are coming back to this game. The people that will be playing are Mk elitests, and Mk competitive players, ( Also casuals) Mk competitive players don't care about Mk characters they just care about which characters gives them the best chance of winning, so they will buy anything

Exactly. Do you think they had Spawn or Meyers queued up, but then scapped all that work to quickly throw together a completely different character?

well, yeah when it comes to spawn I think there is an interview somewhere where the creator gives the green light but maybe it just wasn't that easy to make him work technically. or maybe terminator had issues (if I'm not mistaken those rights are ping-ponged from one company to another) so with the death of the actor and leatherface not being as popular as the other requested characters and less work (both to get a license and because it'd be hard to say no to a tribute offering), maybe they felt like this was the easiest deal to seal plus the best one to pay the respects to the actor. not really believe they had it done 100% with another character, if they did, they wouldn't break it down but maybe they were in advanced talks and close to a deal or something and broke it down for an easier one

Last edited:
well, yeah when it comes to spawn I think there is an interview somewhere where the creator gives the green light but maybe it just wasn't that easy to make him work technically. or maybe terminator had issues (if I'm not mistaken those rights are ping-ponged from one company to another) so with the death of the actor and leatherface not being as popular as the other requested characters and less work (both to get a license and because it'd be hard to say no to a tribute offering), maybe they felt like this was the easiest deal to seal plus the best one to pay the respects to the actor. not really believe they had it done 100% with another character, if they did, they wouldn't break it down but maybe they were in advanced talks and close to a deal or something and broke it down for an easier one

I refuse to believe that you are serious. Gunnar Hansen died less than a month ago. You are honestly telling me that in less than a month they not only sealed the license to Leatherface, but they also created, detailed and animated a model for a trailer?

Dude, they added in Leatherface because he has a movie coming out next year.

Leatherface_2016_poster.jpg

I refuse to believe that you are serious. Gunnar Hansen died less than a month ago. You are honestly telling me that in less than a month they not only sealed the license to Leatherface, but they also created, detailed and animated a model for a trailer?

Dude, they added in Leatherface because he has a movie coming out next year.

Leatherface_2016_poster.jpg

lel, didn't know that. and there I was, thinking they had some innocence in their choice and wanting to respect the actor. movie makes more sense indeed. don't be so surprised to seal such a deal in a month's time though, WB throws fat cash and that tends to open many doors ;) thanks for the movie info though, had no idea, can't wait to watch it at the big screen

Gunnar Hansen passed away in November. I believe their ideal plan would be to throw M. Meyers or Terminator or Spawn in there but strictly because of mr. Hansen's death they decided to go with Leatherface as a tribute. I don't remember anyone asking for him myself (I remember alien requests, meyers, terminator and maybe one or two more but not Leatherface), however, he is a horror icon too and the tribute is deserved.

I highly doubt that would be true. If Leatherface was added because of Hansen's death then they would have Freddy return instead because of Wes Craven's death for a tribute.

Like BBBLP said, this has nothing to do with the actor's death. Besides, this Leatherface resembles the Leatherface from the 2003 remake of TCM more than the original, imo. If they really wanted to push the idea of him looking like the original guy, they would have gone with his more iconic mask:

936full-the-texas-chainsaw-massacre-.jpg

Like BBBLP said, this has nothing to do with the actor's death. Besides, this Leatherface resembles the Leatherface from the 2003 remake of TCM more than the original, imo. If they really wanted to push the idea of him looking like the original guy, they would have gone with his more iconic mask:

936full-the-texas-chainsaw-massacre-.jpg

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974) had three masks. MKX's Leatherface is wearing the same mask you first see the character wear in the original film. Everything is pretty much the same, minus color changes to the apron and t-shirt. I don't see any resemblance (thank god) to the 2003's Leatherface.

I'd provide pictures if I could.

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974) had three masks. MKX's Leatherface is wearing the same mask you first see the character wear in the original film. Everything is pretty much the same, minus color changes to the apron and t-shirt. I don't see any resemblance (thank god) to the 2003's Leatherface.

It definitely looks like that mask. It's just that NRS made his face so skinny that it looks weird.

Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk

I get that he had multiple masks (I own a few of the TCM movies). But honestly, it looks like a mesh between one of the original masks and the remake. If they really wanted to go with a look that resembles the original, they should have gone with his more iconic mask.

Not that it matters. lol

I get that he had multiple masks (I own a few of the TCM movies). But honestly, it looks like a mesh between one of the original masks and the remake. If they really wanted to go with a look that resembles the original, they should have gone with his more iconic mask.

Not that it matters. lol

Lol it doesn't. TCM series is one of my favorites, so I couldn't help but put in my mind about the dlc. The only thing is, I always thought of the first mask as the iconic one, not the pretty lady face. But they're all disturbing anyway. :lol:

But if people enjoy the lack of continuity in the MK timeline, they'd love the TCM series. ..unfortunately.

Last edited:
First time I've seen that movie poster for 2016. I can't believe Sam Strike is going to play him -- the guy was in a soap opera over here until about a year ago, and I think this is his first movie. Do not expect great things.

They'll be given the Kratos treatment. Remember the modifications made to Fatalities done on HIM?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

And yet no such modifications have been made since. Not even on the ultra macho movie legend Predator

First time I've seen that movie poster for 2016. I can't believe Sam Strike is going to play him -- the guy was in a soap opera over here until about a year ago, and I think this is his first movie. Do not expect great things.

Are you shittin' me? The fella from Eastenders? Yeah I really wouldn't expect much from the movie then. He's the kinda guy you'd expect to be playing something like Billy Elliott..

Are you shittin' me? The fella from Eastenders? Yeah I really wouldn't expect much from the movie then. He's the kinda guy you'd expect to be playing something like Billy Elliott..
Yeah, that's him.

Expect it to either be monumentally sh1t3 or surprisingly good. I can't imagine there'll be a middle ground.