Did Boon just confirm Michael Myers as DLC?

uKER

This just happened on Twitter.

MM_zps0a8b5b03.jpg~original

EDIT: I just saw this has already been brought up in the Media Thread, but oh well, there was no separate thread about it.

Oh, sure. So we should now expect Tweets about Freddy Kruger, Jason, Leatherface, Ghostface and whatnot, right?
Also, why retweet that comment, only to reply "Oops" and a winking smiley?
Give me a break.

We already had Freddy in MK9. It's unlikely we would get another horror movie villain as DLC again when Ed Boon said that he does not want to do repeats. That's why Kratos is not coming back since it would be a repeat on what we got in MK9. Ed Boon is likely just messing around on Twitter again. Like [MENTION=4889]BBBLP[/MENTION] said, Boon is tweeting about Myers because it's almost Halloween.

Oh, sure. So we should now expect Tweets about Freddy Kruger, Jason, Leatherface, Ghostface and whatnot, right?
Also, why retweet that comment, only to reply "Oops" and a winking smiley?
Give me a break.

Initial tweet wasn't even hinting at anything. He was just posting a video that was relevant to an upcoming holiday.

Second tweet was just him poking fun at somebody.

What do you make of this tweet?

https://twitter.com/noobde/status/521866486902951936

Initial tweet wasn't even hinting at anything. He was just posting a video that was relevant to an upcoming holiday.

Second tweet was just him poking fun at somebody.

What do you make of this tweet?

https://twitter.com/noobde/status/521866486902951936

Hmmm this is a tricky one. Lets see it obvious that spiderman is a factor in this tweet. He says he would rather eat spiderman 2 over asm2. You know also love to eat???? Mileena!!!! Mileena loves to eat spiderman!!!!!!!

Mileena and Spidey confirmed for MKX ;D

*Grunts* Halloween is next Friday, there is nothing in that Tweet that implies anything about Michael Myers being the next revealed character.

Geeze, you'd think by now that everyone would stop believing every Tweet of his since he's known to "troll" everyone.

I always view Boon's twitter 50/50. Some tweets can be legit like his tweet on Kotal Khan while others can be jokes like "No one wants Reptile".

the only dlc character I want outside the mk universe and I think fits the best is predator, and I think he will be it, since ed boon agreeds he will be a great fit.

I rather not have another horror character. There's other good choices like Spawn, Deadpool, Predator and Geralt of Rivia from The Witcher would be cooler choices for DLC in my opinion.

Last edited:
Won't Michael Myers ruined the whole idea of repeats of what Ed Boon said. Ed Boon said that Kratos won't be back since he didn't want to repeat what they did with MK9. Adding another horror character will likely fall under that same rule.

Won't Michael Myers ruined the whole idea of repeats of what Ed Boon said. Ed Boon said that Kratos won't be back since he didn't want to repeat what they did with MK9. Adding another horror character will likely fall under that same rule.

Ed Boon has no say on who the characters will be because it's WB franchise at the end of the day. As much as I hate to say this WB will force them to include some guest dlc character. The dream for a mk only cast is dead and if the character is from another horror franchise is anyones guess.

Freddy was likely picked because they wanted to do a guest fighter for DLC and Freddy was the only one from WB that would work for Mortal Kombat. The Witcher 3 is being publish by Warner Bros in NA and comes out the same year as MK9, so I think Geralt of Rivia is more likely then another horror movie character.