Is MKAK too hard?

Jade

I am sure I am not the only one raging....I remember the arcade games being a challenge but I don't remember them being THIS hard. It's like no matter what you do, the computer always has a cheap counter....and the females, wow, cheaper than EVER. I don't know if they make them tougher just because they are females but it is just ridiculous.

I finished MK1 a few days ago, after spending like 40 minutes against Shang Tsung alone. The bastard would always morph into either Raiden or Kano. My MK1 and MK2 main is Raiden, and even being cheap as hell as a last resort didn't make the game any easier. I would torpedo, Shang would block it, and then as I was bouncing back in the air after being blocked, he would shoot his fireballs or do Kano's cannonball and I would get owned.

In MK2, Kitana is just fan throw after fan throw. When you jump, she throws her fans or does her damn fan lift and punch. I got to Shang Tsung (finally) last night and he was cheap, couldn't beat him, so I rage quit.

UMK3, jesus christ, I got to the endurance round and was facing Sub-Zero and Stryker. Sub-Zero was easy because he's stupid and just kept doing his shower so I would jump in and combo his ass to hell. Stryker, on the other hand, would just throw bombs every single time I jumped at him, and when I would run at him, he would just throw me before I could even throw a punch, it was ridiculous.

In each one of these games, the characters spam like mad....and dumb shit happens like I did my torpedo against Kitana and she caught me, and then another time, she just kicked me midway through my torpedo.

There is such a thing as TOO HARD and that takes a bit of the fun away, imo. I don't want a game I can beat in 5 minutes, and I enjoy a challenge, but when it is harder than it needs to be and the characters are all cheap spammers, it gets so frustrating and lame.

I am sure I will finish MK2 and UMK3, but I don't doubt I will be ripping things apart in my apartment due to rage.

Re: Is MKAK TOO hard?

Im with you jade. God it took me like 1 hour to beat goro on mk1 xD. But it is pretty hard. maybe its just my lack of skill as i said to myself last night when i kept getting owned by goro.

Yea i remember MK2 being hard, but not THIS hard. and UMK3 thankfully is a littler easier on Very easy, however i have only been able to beat UMK3 with Sub Zero. And only with the freeze/upper cut over and over onto Shao Kahn. MK1 i have beat once and it took and hour and a half. Im hoping a patch or something can be made because the games are almost unplayable right now. I would ask for a refund but im pretty sure that's impossible.

Looks like the MK Team reverted back to their lazy midway days with this release and was just trying to make a quick buck on some old school fans. They did not release a quality product and i am quite disappointed in this release.

You aren't the only one who's having these problems. Even on very easy, the AI is beyond ridiculous after a certain point. They start to react to moves a milisecond after I finish the input and before the animation for said move even begins to start. For example, if I try to throw Kitana's fans against Nightwolf, he'll use his projectile shield before the throw even starts, causing them to be rebounded back to me. If I try to jump kick, before my character leaves the ground, the AI already reacts and knocks me out of the air.

Baraka is extremely bad for it to the point where if he's higher up on the ladder, it's almost near impossible to touch him because he'll shoot out his sparks if you're at a distance or punish you with his blades if you even step one foot into the attack reach. Not to mention the glitch where the AI can attack before the fight officially starts and you can't move doesn't make things any better.

I remember being able to beat the games when I was younger on the console versions and I don't recall the games ever being this hard.

Its because the A.I. reads the inputs.. i agree this game is hard as ****

MK2 and 3 in particular have always been tough to the point of broken, which is why I 'was' looking forward to some good online multiplayer.

I beat all three last night and I REALLY enjoyed the difficulty. At some point, you will win but it will take alot of time. I love the challenge ;)

Thread title made me lol. But the Arcade Kollection is just how I remember the arcade games, hard as shit.

I don't mind a challenge, but when i can't even jump with out the AI being able to somehow jump and hit me before i even leave the ground.. or even walk towards the AI without them backing up just far enough so that i can't hit them and when they block every special move and then pound you into the ground with their largest combo attack...it doesn't leave you much else to do in the match... that's not a challenge, that's a broken fighting game that wont allow you to do anything and makes me regret my purchase.

I don't mind a challenge, but when i can't even jump with out the AI being able to somehow jump and hit me before i even leave the ground.. or even walk towards the AI without them backing up just far enough so that i can't hit them and when they block every special move and then pound you into the ground with their largest combo attack...it doesn't leave you much else to do in the match... that's not a challenge, that's a broken fighting game that wont allow you to do anything and makes me regret my purchase.

It's true that the AI is nothing like a human opponent. They literally react to your inputs as you press them. You just have to find ways to trick them, but it doesn't always work. In all honestly, it's a strange way to play a fighting game.

I fully agree. I myself was pretty good at all the arcades and these three that got put out are pretty difficult. Also I still have a huge problem with the difficulty option. Theres no difference in the options at all. How is a kid or a newbie suppose to play these games when they are that hard. What am I suppose to say, "sorry buddy you can only beat the first guy, keep trying"? Thats the whole point of a difficulty option so that people can play at thier skill level. Oh well, probably wont get fixed.

I'm not going to lie... I kick some damn ass as Reptile in MKII and UMK3.
There isn't really much that f*cks with me... EXCEPT
Jax can be a douche in MK2 and UMK3 Jade.. F*CK her.
But I can beat them after a few tries.
Kintaro in MKII is a bastard
Shang and Goro in MKI SUCK
Those are all a good challenge, though.
But there is only one thing that made me break a glass up against my wall.
UMK3 Shao Kahn.
Never want to fight him again.

UMK3 Shao Kahn.
Never want to fight him again.

This works with almost anyone, but you WILL take some damage:

Immediately crouch when the round starts - no blocking since this takes longer to recover from than just taking his dash hit. As soon as he makes a move, even if it's a dash that hits you, RUN toward him and start a combo just before he can make his next move (timing on this isn't TOO strict, but do it quickly). Once he's on the ground, I immediately run in for another combo as he's getting up. If it connects, great. If he blocks, I go back to ducking, waiting again for his next move. Rinse and repeat.

This works with almost anyone, but you WILL take some damage:

Immediately crouch when the round starts - no blocking since this takes longer to recover from than just taking his dash hit. As soon as he makes a move, even if it's a dash that hits you, RUN toward him and start a combo just before he can make his next move (timing on this isn't TOO strict, but do it quickly). Once he's on the ground, I immediately run in for another combo as he's getting up. If it connects, great. If he blocks, I go back to ducking, waiting again for his next move. Rinse and repeat.

What I did was wait for him to shoulder lift and duck+uppercut him. Then froze (I was Subzero) him right when he was about to get up and uppercut again. It did that over and over until I beat him. I got a double flawless due to a glitch :)
But damn it took forever

I was having a hard time, even though I set it to Very Easy. I can beat my MKII machine set to normal with Kitana with little effort but the AK beat my ass all over the place from time to time.

I went back into the options to make sure I had it set to Very Easy, I even pressed A on the choice and got a sound effect. When I went back into MKII and UMK3 it was much easier. I don't know if it was a bug or you have to actually set/accept the difficulty but it did make a difference.

Also I had to beat UMK3 twice to get that achievement and my $65 transforming 360 controller finally broke while playing UMK3.