Game is Dying

The Skesh

I can't find anyone 50% of the time. Thats just UMK3. MK 1 and 2 is almost impossible! Vid of me and my friend playing, but casuals is about as good as it gets =/ anyone else wishing this had a better take off?

Obviously the mangled online at release hurt a lot, but I think a lot of people downloaded this to play solo or with friends locally. There's something about old school MK and new school online douchery that doesn't really mix well IMO.

(not that anyone here is a douche online, but we all know how common it is)

Agree with above
g.gif

Online is not really funny, with the so-called "top" players quitting when you beat them and also spamming infinites to death. What's even the point of playing like that? It doesn't require skill or anything to learn to do it, it's just a lot of practice and repeating. I don't see any fun in popping your opponent into the air and then juggling him for 70%. Where's the fun in that?

Online is not really funny, with the so-called "top" players quitting when you beat them and also spamming infinites to death. What's even the point of playing like that? It doesn't require skill or anything to learn to do it, it's just a lot of practice and repeating. I don't see any fun in popping your opponent into the air and then juggling him for 70%. Where's the fun in that?

I had a guy with a 1800 point score quit, so I sent him a message saying that his score is pointless when he quits to save the points. He said I got lucky and that he wouldn't have quit if I was good enough. Yeah right.

I did online once and then never again.

It lagged worse than MK9 ever lagged.

I don't know if it has improved since then because I never tried it again but it was utterly awful when the game was first released. I don't know how people managed to get their 200 wins. Just wow, man, that takes patience.

I did online once and then never again.

It lagged worse than MK9 ever lagged.

I don't know if it has improved since then because I never tried it again but it was utterly awful when the game was first released. I don't know how people managed to get their 200 wins. Just wow, man, that takes patience.

It doesn't lag like that anymore and you can get the 200 wins against the CPU, too.

It has its spurts throughout the day. It's still fairly active towards the weekends. I just got done ruining a #13 rank UMK3 player on Kollection.

Couldn't find any MK1 games though. :(

It doesn't lag like that anymore and you can get the 200 wins against the CPU, too.

Really? I don't know why I thought it was just online.

Oh well, I still don't feel like getting it, at least right now, lol.

The online is better on this game but it sucks, all the people with top scores just turtle and spam. Its funny when you do it back and they are totally stumped. Then quit. Cant play UMK3 for the life of me. It doesnt feel right, dont know if any one knows what i mean when i say the game feels light. I dont get why it gets so much praise, its no where near as good as MK1 and 2 IMO. My take on it is a select group of people got really good at it, so its their little game and community

Obviously the mangled online at release hurt a lot, but I think a lot of people downloaded this to play solo or with friends locally. There's something about old school MK and new school online douchery that doesn't really mix well IMO.

(not that anyone here is a douche online, but we all know how common it is)

This is one of the reasons why I got it. I wanted to enjoy playing this game solo or with my bro , and friends Online would just take the fun out of it.

Online used to be crap, but know works flawlessly, also I agree with the top score thing. Im at 12000, for 1v1 ranked 1v1 player 7900, 2v2 ranked 11000, and 2v2 5792 ranked for 2v2 player. And I hardly ever lose, and I dont spam, or noob

I don't think anyone can forget about the piss-poor design of the online. It is so primitive, it just doesn't really keep players attention or carries much replay value. And that is just online fighting game treason. You can believe there would be way more players today if there was an online king of the hill mode. Or rooms of 7 or 8 players with spectators, having the option to switch MKs between matches and chat amongst each other. But, no. Sadly.

Anyway, if anyone wants to throw down on some MK1/2/U3, hit me up on PSN or XBL. I've especially been wanting to play more MK1 and MK2 over UMK3.