Scariest Horror Films?

n9195v

I love horror movies and I'm always looking for good / fun ones to enjoy. I watch horror films all the time but I seldom see ones that genuinely scare me. I'm a sucker for "jump scares" so when I say scary I'm talking about being scared not just flinching. So please list movies that "got to you" and actually scared you.

~ Cube - This movie isn't that scary but it freaked me out. It has some very tense moments.
~ Pet Sematary - It's not perfect but it scared me.
~Audition - This movie made me squirm in my seat. Watching it without knowing much about it is the only way to watch this film.
~ Eraserhead - I couldn't tell you what scared me or how but I was terrified. I think not knowing why I was afraid was the worst part.
~ Pulse (Kairo) - This movie I hear is hit or miss. It will freak you out or it wont. It got me.
~ The Decent - I'm a little claustrophobic so.... yeah.... Scary movie!
~ Signs - I kinda believe in aliens so this got to me.
~ The Ring - Best PG-13 horror movie I have ever seen. Also the best remake ever IMO.

The Grudge

When I was younger that movie really scared me, but I don't know if it will scare me today.

I've heard the Japanese version is supposedly more scary.

Ju-on: The Grudge

I haven't watched it, so I really wouldn't know.

I haven't really watch that many horror movies, so I need to start now.

Last edited:
I haven't seen the original Grudge either. I'll probably rent it down the road.

Yeah Eraserhead is one of my favorite movies too. There really isn't anything else quite like it. I'm a huge Lynch fan his films are always worth watching twice.

I just watched the Innkeepers recently. It was scary.

Last edited:
I don't have any full on blown movies that scared me enough to say the movie scared me but some note-able moments that made me cringe

The house on the hill had some creepy twitch reverse movement parts. And the part where The chick was recording empty rooms with her camera and was video taping doctors cutting open a man on a table. then they all stopped at looked at her. But she could only see them on the camera and not in real life. I was like 12 when this movie came out. It's not even remotely scary today.

The Ring when she comes out of the you know what. I wasn't expecting it, and it shocked me.

That's pretty much it :\

Oh wait this movie

Dead Silence

2 Parts that creeped me the EFF OUT.

and this is somewhat recently.

the puppet casket scene, where the old lady had herself turned into a puppet.

And the scene in the dark where the nice old guy gets killed in the basement.

I haven't seen the original Grudge either. I'll probably rent it down the road.

Yeah Eraserhead is one of my favorite movies too. There really isn't anything else quite like it. I'm a huge Lynch fan his films are always worth watching twice.

I just watched the Innkeepers recently. It was scary.

Yeah I got it check it out sometime. Also, I want to check out the Audition. Both you and my cousins wife have mentioned that this movie has some scenes that get to you. I'm interested in watching The Inkeepers as well.

The Thing 2011 had a good amount of scenes that would make you jump and it was very suspenseful

Saw it in theaters.

Yeah, both The Things have parts were they make you jump especially the 1982 Thing.

Last edited:
This movie creeped me out when i saw it.

Mirrors- I was scared of my own mirror for a little while after watching this.

Human centipede- This movie was trying to scare me into vomiting.

Ghost ship- I watched this when i was 9, at a friends house, was terrifiyng.

Grudge- This movie gave me nightmares when i was younger.

Stay Alive

I watched it recently and it wasn't as bad as I remember. But I saw it when I was a kid in theaters.
The beginning of the movie was the part that funked me up so bad. Its in a first person perspetive and this dude is running through this house and little girls are crawling on the walls and screaming. He runs into a room and this dude wearing a pig mask is getting mutilated by some woman. It was way too much for a kid to handle. It took everything in me (and the fact that my ma would have beat my ass) to not run out of that theater.

It: i was like 4 when i first saw it and this is why i always hated clowns (except joker and Kefka)

boogeyman: it made me jump a few times

the thing: the recent one got me good a few times

dead silence: this face almost made me shat myself from laughter
when my uncle got scared shitless
mary-shaw-dead-silence-face.png

Oh wait this movie

Dead Silence

2 Parts that creeped me the EFF OUT.

and this is somewhat recently.

the puppet casket scene, where the old lady had herself turned into a puppet.

And the scene in the dark where the nice old guy gets killed in the basement.

I have to agree. Every time you saw the creepy old lady, it was incredibly disturbing and scary as phunk.

I love Wild at Heart, Blue Velvet, Mulholland drive... don't hate but I have never seen Twin Peaks....

^^^^^^ Twin Peaks is really fun ! I've watched the entire series but the movie is still the only Lynch film I haven't seen.

Boogeyman and Dead Silence didn't scare me at all. They were too easy to make fun of imo.

It (the movie "It") was great It's a classic in my eyes but it doesn't really scare like it did back in the day.

Yeah House on Haunted Hill scared me so0o0o0o much as a kid. It's one of only two movies I had to turn off because I was terrified (I was very young for both). And yes I'm talking about the scene in the water ;)

The Fourth Kind is great too. It's best if you try to trick the people you watch it with. Make em' think it's real ;). Lol it's great fun.

Also taking about "jump scares" Drag Me To Hell is the king of "jump scare" movies. If you have a friend that flinches during horror flicks make them watch it their head will hit the ceiling!

Sorry but that old lady when she was laying on the ground staring at the boy in the dark. Was creepy as hell. I'm talking about the part where he accidently knocked over her casket.

Maybe you guys thought it was funny. The way that old lady looked is not something I ever want to see in real life lol.

Perhaps my mind bends to fear a different way if some people thought it was funny >.>

I'll admit toward the end the movie got retarded. I'm just talking about the old lady. She should have been the final boss.

nope but I'm already excited for it!

Wow this is really new news it's not even listed on imdb yet.

I might have to read the book before this comes out.