Kira

I really think Boon and co. dropped the ball with Kira in these two ways.

1. Her Moveset. This has got to be one of the biggest offenders right here. Why base her moveset off of two people she never even met in the storyline? Why base her moveset off of any of the others characters to begin with? She could have got her own special moves outside of one and her own weapons. That right there could have made her stand out for the right reasons as opposed to the reason of being a cheap knockoff of two other characters. Want to know what I would have done for her (or even do for her in the new continuity)?
Weapons:
View attachment 6199
I would have gave/ would give her a a tri-blade hand claw. In this series, it would have been/ would be unique enough to stand out. I would have made it/make it so that they are closed (to simply look like a cool accessory on her gloves-fitting with Kira's deceitful nature of hiding her true self), and then when the player switched over to the weapons in Deception etc, the blades would come out for her to attack with. I would have/ would even made/make it so that they were/are a part of her projectile.

Moveset
1.Three Fall (Projectile)- While Night Shade wasn't a bad projectile, I didn't think it really fit her character as well as it could have. With the Three Fall, the Blades in her claw would/will shoot out in three directions. I think this would have been a good counter to those opponents that like to sidestep projectiles because they still would have most likely ran into one anyway. (Deception, Armageddon, MK10)
For MK10-Along with the above, I would have gave her two different versions of this move,
-Air Three Fall- Shoots blades in air horizontally.
-Diagonal Air Three Fall- Shoots the blades from a diagonal angle.
2. Rebel Spin- A Cartwheel Kick, something similar to Killer Instinct favorite, Orchid's Flick Flak in KI2 (not the KI1 and KI 2013 version). In Deception and Armageddon, this would have lead to a juggle of the opponent. (Deception, Armageddon, MK10)
Watch this video starting at 2:00 to see the move if you have never play KI2 to see the move.
3. Covert Affairs- Stun Move. Now as much as I hated her having the kiss of death because that is a Sonya signature, there is nothing wrong with her having a stun move as long as it looks different (Scorpion's Spear to Sub Zero's Freeze). I'm think that this move should consider her sneaky nature. In this move, she would pull some bagged dust out of her pocket (maybe it's something she got off the black market), throw it over the opponent, stunning them, and immediate put it away as if she did nothing wrong.

2. Her Storyline. I mean reading her backstory, there was definitely potential there. A woman pretending to be a man to selling illegal things and then when caught, proceeded to eliminate everyone. She came across so sneaky and treacheous, not to mention fearless and ruthless. Also making her a female Black Dragon member was an interesting idea, but IMO was not executed well. Her rivalry with Kobra did neither their or the Black Dragon's storyline any favors. I just feel the Black Dragon were done and over at that point in the story. I mean Kano, the man associate most with the group, was no where to be found. I would have loved to see her type of character around when the Black Dragon were more important to certain characters storyline (i.e MK3 or MKDA). This goes for fellow members like Jarek and Kobra. They all would have been more useful during the times that Sonya (and Jax less so) was all about taking down the Black Dragon and when Mavado and Hsu Hao, aka the Red Dragon, shown up in the story. At least we definitely would have gotten to see a group of Black Dragon members working together all at once, as opposed to one or two at a time, a Kira/Sonya rivalry got out of it due to the two being polar opposites, and stuff like her pretending to be a man in order to infiltrate the Red Dragon to get info to eliminate them and/or we could have possibly seen a deception storyline in which Kira betrays Kano, bumps him out the Black Dragon, and become the new leader out for world domination. These scenarios would have used those elements of treachery and deceit from her background and signified her importance as an evil threat. Any of these is better than what we got. I just feel she came beyond her time, almost too late in the storyline.

However they did do a good job on her look if you ask me (granted with those large breasts, I don't know how she ever successfully masqueraded as a man). The red hair goes with her fiery and BA attitude, her outfit is unique and functional, and her face gives off the don't F with me vibe. I just wish everything else was done as well but Kira is still full of nothing but potential IMO.

I have to admit, this is genius! :)

Why thank you for saying that. I just feel that Kira got the short end of the stick and that she could be more original and unique.

I was also a thinking a chainsaw for her but I don't want her to copy Ms. Lollipop Chainsaw.

And it'd certainly be a bad idea make her wield tonfa blades because she'd be considered a Bloodrayne rip-off.

She wore a huge cloak most likely, when she's selling illegal things to her clients, plus she operated out of her hideout.
You know, that could have made for a cool alternate costume IMO.

I was also a thinking a chainsaw for her but I don't want her to copy Ms. Lollipop Chainsaw.

And it'd certainly be a bad idea make her wield tonfa blades because she'd be considered a Bloodrayne rip-off.
It's funny you say that bc that tri-blade could be considered a wolverine ripoff lol. However I still decided to go with the idea bc imo it would fit her character, original to MK, and just cool to look at. So I don't think the chainsaw would be a ripoff although in my personal opinion, it wouldn't fit Kira well.

I too was thinking about seeing her with weapons similar to bloodrayne. However based on the pics I saw, it would have been too similar to fellow contender Baraka and that wouldnt have been cool.

You know, that could have made for a cool alternate costume IMO.

It's funny you say that bc that tri-blade could be considered a wolverine ripoff lol. However I still decided to go with the idea bc imo it would fit her character, original to MK, and just cool to look at. So I don't think the chainsaw would be a ripoff although in my personal opinion, it wouldn't fit Kira well.

I too was thinking about seeing her with weapons similar to bloodrayne. However based on the pics I saw, it would have been too similar to fellow contender Baraka and that wouldnt have been cool.

If Kira is going to have a chainsaw, I'd probably be picking her. ;)

I think a circular saw (buzzsaw) would be awesome for her too.

I still believe she can be revamped and given so life. She IMO had a decent design and her background story established her a tough no nonsense type of female. If it wasn't for her carbon copied moves i think she would have been better received from fan. Not to mention, her induction to the Black Dragon was something i think that group needed because they were wearing thin.
If Kira is to be in the game my idea for her is to somehow gain the attention of Kano who eventually recruits her and they begin to cause havoc throughout the realms gaining bad vibes from many races. And they are face with the decision to stay in Outworld where they will eventually be kill or defend Earthrealm from what ever disaster awaits and face their punishment (lesser) after its over, if they survived
Just a thought
Kira New Recruit.JPG
Kira New Recruit3.jpg
MK Girl Fight.jpg

One of not that well-developed characters, but with more unique design than Kobra. Since NRS are known to recycle special moves from previous (even non-MK games), what about adding some Harley Quinn stuff to Kira? At least visually and thematically she is a good fit.

Kira gets flak from some because she's a hybrid Sonya/Kano clone. Except Kira's basic character beyond her Black Dragon affiliation is as a weapons dealer who originally met the Black Dragon through Kabal.

I'm open to a revamped version of Kira. The concept of a female Black Dragon member is interesting. But the problem was giving her Kano and Sonya's movesets.

It's interesting how that's the main criticism Kira got, considering when Smoke first became playable, he was simply a mix of Scorpion, Reptile and Sektor. He didn't get his own specials until Deception/Armageddon.