The S1LENT1 and Tom Brady Show - Dont Miss Out!

Ŧom should've gave him the combos in advance to practice because that's real bad Tv right now! :)
Watching someone try a complex combo 50 times...is not good. Especially since it's "late that night".

(live update as I watch the stream, bare with me... I missed a few things - a lot of incomprehansible mumbling)

UPDATED!
Repost for updates:

Next patch: waiting for PSN to come back live. Will be a somewhat big patch with many changes:

... Kano buffed, Kung Lao less damage overall, Ermac and *Cyrax nerf. Sonya stance fix yes. Overpowered: yes.
Scorpion's air grab to become techable? (grab counter)
Subzero not gonna get nerfed.
Cyrax bomb trap gone.
Smoke bomb nerf.
Kabal loop toned down.
Smoke grab tech fixed.
Raiden teleport stays the same.
Smoke's OTG unblockable fixed in the next patch.*
Something about Kano toned down... wasn't clear.
Fixed the Sub back 2 reset glitch.*
Quan Chi trap patched: most likely.*

Working on negative edge. Tom complained about it often but we don't know if they will take it out. Possible. (MQ: man, I would love it to go away so I can use all specials the way I want in combos!)*

F, F specials conflict with dashes : they'll most likely change the command.*

Tom's not getting into specifics about nerfs and buffs, for now.

DLC: can't answer any question. Usually means nice DLC stuff is coming.

General info:
Cyber Sub's EX smoke bomb bigger radius than normal bomb.
If any bomb is on the ground while opponent is on ground, bomb won't freeze.
Air freeze always same freeze time. Ground freeze depends on Ex or not. Can be much longer.

Corner: Reptile Ex dash, 3,2,1 forceball, 3,2,1,, forceball, 3,2,1. Nice damage.

MK9 footsies distance about 1/3 of the screen.

Talked about Reptile's stupid trap (wall combo high low, that if blocked can be countered by another combo) Can't get into details. Search about it.

"Quan Chi not that great."

"YES Raiden is BS!"

Framedata released by NetherRealm: a miracle if they ever do!

"Online don't show any skill right now"

-- -- -- --
They wasted A LOT of time waiting for Silent1 to try to pull off combos just to explain something. Good thing they don't run a TV show! ("gotta keep her high brother, much higher" lol)

Ended at around 3:40am. Good night sleep Tom and S1lent1, next time be prepared! :)

MQ

Last edited:
"YES Raiden is BS"

does that mean he's going to get nerfed too then? i hope he doesn't, i'm already confused as to why ermacs getting nerfed

"YES Raiden is BS"

does that mean he's going to get nerfed too then? i hope he doesn't, i'm already confused as to why ermacs getting nerfed

Too much damage for how easy it is to perform AND land combos with him...

So he's getting an overall damage nerf, same for Kung Lao.

Which means, 35-40% BNB combos without meters will probably do around 28-34%...

Which is still alright considering how good they are already.

what is smoke OTG i dont know the meaning of OTG? I dont think Smoke need to be nerfed at all, hes not that strong of a character already. Thats gonna make him very weak in my opinion.

Smoke OTG (off the ground). The term otg is usually used for a move that hits off the ground. So you knock a player down, you do a move that hits the player off the ground.

ATM, smoke can combo launch, jump kick xx grab xx (land) throw a smoke bomb and continue comboing.

Video example

Smoke OTG (off the ground). The term otg is usually used for a move that hits off the ground. So you knock a player down, you do a move that hits the player off the ground.

ATM, smoke can combo launch, jump kick xx grab xx (land) throw a smoke bomb and continue comboing.

Ok i see that definately needs to be nerfed. thanks for that.

So rather than making a new thread, I figure I'll keep this the official thread for the show. I'll keep it updated weekly

Hello everyone... thank you all for watching and making our episode 1 show a success.

Week 2's show will be next Sunday May 15th. We are going to schedule to start at 7pm pacific, 10pm eastern again. This show will be a little longer, around 2hrs, to make sure we include coverage of the 'ask Tom Brady thread' on mku http://www.mortalkombatunited.com/showthread.php?7890-Ask-Tom-Brady.

Please post all your questions here to make it easier for us to find during the show. Also keep the character specific questions related to the 4 characters listed below. General questions are always welcome... Thanks

Week 2 character Lineup:
1. Noob
2. Ermac
3. Raiden
4. Johnny Cage

Order of events:
1. Coverage of all question threads (mku/tym/srk) this will include the 'ask Tom Brady' thread
2. Character specific strategy and tips with live or previously recorded game play
3. Open questions from our live viewers.

http://shoryuken.com/f345/**week-2**-stbl-show-questions-thread-272971/

looking forward to the next episode but im confused as to why they suddenly want to nerf all these chracters or if NR will actually be doing this. in a podcast last week tom brady said the only things that needed to get nerfed were the glitches such as sonya stance and maybe quan chi's rune trap. he said all the characters were balance well but i guess a lot of things can be discovered in a week. i'll be really disappointed if they nerf raiden.

@Albo, thats the thing with fighting games is that the whole game can change in days when things are discovered. Thats why tier lists right now are not even viable. So again, I want to reiterate that the MK Guide Tier list is beyond garbage.

I'm also confused on a few things they are changing, more specifically Smokes OTG. Hopefully when the patch does come out, we will have a better explanation from NRS themselves. I'm sure Brady already has better knowledge of it but cant disclose it just yet.

Im sorry but I cannot listen to this. Their voices are WAYYYYY too annoying. While I appreciate MK9 trying to appeal to the Tournament crowd I REALLY hope they dont waste their time and forget their roots and only update the game to please the Tournament Community

I think one of the top thing that needs to be nerfed is Kung Lao, He is way to fast and has barely any recovery time on most of his moves. I heard them talking about he is risk vs reward but the only risk he has is is dive kick which is hardly punished when kung lao is in the hands of a good player.

Baraka need to be buffed along with Kano.

Kung Lao, Raiden and Liu Kang all need damage nerfs. Also they need a way to prevent getting caught in a wall combo. Make it so like after 3 hits on a way the opponent or person doing the combo bounces back like the old games