Place your bets on the next DLC character(s)

Which DLC characters will be released?

• Story Pack (Baraka, Rain, Sindel)

Votes: 28 34.6%
  • Kombat Pack II (2x MK, 2x guest)

Votes: 11 13.6%
  • Rain (free for Kombat Pack owners?)

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • Fujin

Votes: 48 59.3%
  • Sareena

Votes: 16 19.8%
  • Li Mei

Votes: 17 21.0%
  • Smoke

Votes: 9 11.1%
  • Cyrax

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Frost

Votes: 8 9.9%
  • Individual guest character (Alien, Terminator...)

Votes: 5 6.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yea, as much as I disike Tremor, he does have a very huge ass fanbase. Although I don't know why before this game but. I can't really compare fanbases to other character fanbases but I do want to say that they did go all out and about to get him somewhat playable. I haven't really seen any kind of petition for Sareena.

But to be honest, I don't think every character fanbase should start making petitions to get their characters in all because Tremor's did. I don't care for petitions.

Tremor's petition isn't even what got him into the game. Development on the first kombat pack clearly started before the petition ever happened. Just a coincidence.

The obscure or joke or rumor characters who get attention and get to be real boys and girls tend to be ninjas. Ermac, Skarlet, Rain, Tremor, etc. The ninjas have the hugest casual fanbase. He absolutely did have an advantage -- do you think the demand would have coalesced around him if he wasn't originally a palette-swap ninja? If so, where are the petitions for Tasia and No-Face?

Tremor managed to overcome the fact that the creators hated him, whereas the creators are all on record as liking Sareena and all she's ever gotten is a crappy DS port and the garbage Armageddon.

Even if you consider them crappy games they are main games and Sareena appeared in them over Tremor, Tasya and many others.

People wanted Tremor because they loved the idea of a character with a unique and original power, which is earth. The "ninja" thingy was just a bonus.

Even if you consider them crappy games they are main games and Sareena appeared in them over Tremor, Tasya and many others.

People wanted Tremor because they loved the idea of a character with a unique and original power, which is earth. The "ninja" thingy was just a bonus.

We shall agree to disagree!

The obscure or joke or rumor characters who get attention and get to be real boys and girls tend to be ninjas. Ermac, Skarlet, Rain, Tremor, etc. The ninjas have the hugest casual fanbase. He absolutely did have an advantage -- do you think the demand would have coalesced around him if he wasn't originally a palette-swap ninja? If so, where are the petitions for Tasia and No-Face?

Tremor managed to overcome the fact that the creators hated him, whereas the creators are all on record as liking Sareena and all she's ever gotten is a crappy DS port and the garbage Armageddon.
What's wrong with Armageddon? It had the most characters.

[MENTION=26181]TehPredator[/MENTION]: More =/= better. Most of the characters came out flat. There were simply too many of them to make each of them unique. It killed off the series. It was called Armageddon for a reason. LOL.

Tremor's petition isn't even what got him into the game. Development on the first kombat pack clearly started before the petition ever happened. Just a coincidence.

The demand was still high for Tremor in MK9, though, which is why he was put in the Vita version as a last minute / half-assed character.

Anyways,
The difference between Tasia and No-Face, though, is that Sareena already was made a playable character in a previous game, and (much like the old timeline) she has ties to Bi-Han.
In this new timeline she could even align with Lin Kuei in an effort to help Noob Saibot (Bi-Han), now that Quan Chi is dead.
It would make perfect sense for her bio to be something like that and have her in.
Tasia never was in an MK fighting game, and neither was No Face.
Whereas Tremor was at least teased in MK9 Vita.
You forget that people have wanted Tremor for a long time because he's a warrior that controls Earth elements.
Sure, "ninja" may have originally been a part of it, but "ninja" or not people wanted a character that could control Earth elements and Tremor was also the best thing that came out of that otherwise shitty game, aside from Quan Chi and Shinnok.
Did you notice how NRS only incorporated the good stuff from Mythologies /Special Forces into MKX and left the rest out?
Tremor, Sareena cameo, Shinnok turning into a demon ("Corrupted" Shinnok).
Tasia and No Face, not so much.

1 of the reasons that people don't give 2 flying turds for Tasia and No Face are because there were other characters introduced after them that could do what they did, but even better.
Tasia was a sword-wielding character......Oooooh, big whoop.
We've got Kenshi that can do the same, and he also has Telekinesis and he's more badass.
No Face was essentially a mix of MK9 Sektor (flame-thrower) and Cyrax (Bombs / dynamite).

It's the same reason that people don't give 2 flying turds for Kia and Jataaka, either, and why there are no petitions for them.
Kia fought with boomerang blades and was aligned with Quan Chi.
Hmmm...... Now if only there was a female character aligned with Quan Chi around the same Mythologies / MK4 era who had a weapon that was a boomer......Oh, yeah, Tanya.
Kia's therefore not needed, since Tanya was essentially a better version of Kia in the MK4 era.
Jataaka fights using a laser sword, and there was otherwise nothing special about her in Mythologies.
Oh, yeah, Takeda also essentially does that (fighting with a laser sword) in MKX in the "Ronin" variation, but MUCH better.

Last edited:
After the most recent issue I think Reiko is preeeetty unlikely.

Fujin and Rain for sure. I'd love to see Li Mei but if it's her or Sindel I'm loyal to the queen.

I wanna see Reiko because he deserves another chance. Especially since he was planned to be in the game someway but was cut or something.

After the most recent issue I think Reiko is preeeetty unlikely.

Fujin and Rain for sure. I'd love to see Li Mei but if it's her or Sindel I'm loyal to the queen.

Yes, please. Li Mei was so bland and boring as a character, no interesting powers, not anything remarkable at all. There's not much that can be done with her.

Li Mei is brand new to the 2D world, I bet they would give her awesome moves like Tanya and make her into a really fun character. Like a female Lui Kang.

Meat will be skins for everyone, just like in MK4.

Fujin has a moveset similar to Sindel, and if he makes it she wont, and vice/versa.

Baraka and Sindel wont be DLC, and I feel like having them as opponents was a troll move on NRS' part, but maybe a way to keep speculation rampant. They just cant come up with enough interesting variations for them.

I'm saying

Fujin
Li Mei
Spawn
Khameleon (revamped, own moveset)

Rain (stand alone purchase)
Shao Kahn (standalone purchase)

MK Gold Kitana, Mileena and Sonya skins
Jason X, klassic Tremor, MK4 Tanya skins
new skins for Takeda, Jacqui and Cassie
new skins for Kotal, D'Vorah and Kung Jin
Wild Wild West pack with skins for Erron Black, Cassie Cage and Takeda

free patch costumes

MK3 Sonya

UMK3 Mileena

Sheeva as Goro

Jade as Kitana

Zombie Lui Kang

I'd rather have Li Mei over Sindel, personally.
Sindel and Rain got their chance in MK9, So I hope it's Fujin, Li Mei and 2 other non-MK9 characters.

I also think a lot of you are thinking that the DLC is going to further the story......it wont. Freddy, Jason, Kratos, Predator, Skarlet, Rain and Kenshi served no purpose other than to be extra fighters. Tanya played a bit part.

the focus needs to be on the gameplay aspect, this story is obviously going a million different ways than we think.

Yes, please. Li Mei was so bland and boring as a character, no interesting powers, not anything remarkable at all. There's not much that can be done with her.

This isn't even close to true. Storyline wise, Li Mei had more to do than 90% of the Trilogy cast that everyone was so in love with. Yes, her moveset is boring and bland, but that was the bulk of the Mortal Kombat: Armageddon era characters. They've given her a redesign and she looks much, much better

NRS has done an amazing job with the majority of their MK9/MKX characters (especially Tremor, who was a Jax moveset clone with a palette swap ninja look and Tanya, who's moveset was more bland than create-a-character).

As of right now, any character featured as DLC will have a revamped moveset. This should not be an argument people make anymore.

Sareena
Fujin
Rain
Reiko
Li Mei
Bo' Rai' Cho
Khameleon
Tasia
No Face
Sindel
Havik
Fakeahorseus

It doesn't matter. They want you to buy the characters they produce, and our expectations have become extremely high, so they'll produce. Plus, the character will have to have three variations, which means naturally, they'll receive some new options or have a completely different moveset.

Last edited:
Li Mei looks great in that concept art, jeez.

So, if there is a Kombat 2 hypothetically, when do you think they'll announce it? I'm guessing that they will announce it sometime at gamescom which takes place in about a week or so. If they don't announce it by maybe mid August i'm gonna be pretty worried

Li Mei looks great in that concept art, jeez.

So, if there is a Kombat 2 hypothetically, when do you think they'll announce it? I'm guessing that they will announce it sometime at gamescom which takes place in about a week or so. If they don't announce it by maybe mid August i'm gonna be pretty worried

That'd be my guess as well. If there's nothing by mid-August we may just be tilting at windmills.