Current Patch Notes/ Future Patch Notes/ Upcoming DLC

I did Baraka's Back 3,1 popup. I can land an dashing uppercut or an dashing punch> spin for 20%. Meh. I can land the super after it so that's useful (since it starts hitting low). The damage scaling is funny though: I can land a additional punch before hitting the Xray, yet the damage done is still 38%.

As for juggling after Chop Chop (Back Back 1), I can jumping with 1, then 2,1 then quickly Chop Chop>Blade Charge for 28%. Timing the Blade Charge (Dwn Fwd 2) to connect is tricky for a casual gamer like me. But even harder is connecting the Xray after the Chop Chop. So far I've only gotten it to connect 5 times, once in a combo.

Chop Chop>Xray= 43%
Jumpin 1>2,1>Chop Chop>Xray =49%

Also, I could only land the Chop Chop>Xray while having the same stance as my opponent. Hopefully that was due to my lame timing rather than some stance specific nonsense.

I wish they would make Mileena's Ball Roll only blockable low.
Oh hell yes!

I like moves that visually connect low to be actually counted as low. I'd even go so far as to make late jumpkicks to the shins hit on standing blocking opponents. But that's just me and my pet peeves with the visual disconnect in hit areas in fighting games.

I still don't understand why they don't equalise robot and human Cyrax's properties. Why does one have a better teleport and the other a bomb trap? They aren't Ken and Ryu, they are the same character.

@Jakarta the jab is a great way to confirm your x ray does not whiff, I have an x ray combo I use and I do d+4 before x ray because if the d+4 whiffs, the x ray will not come out and be wasted, if it lands, x ray will hit 100% of the time. Otherwise you mess w/ timing and I'd rather gamble on landing the d+4 instead of possibly losing my entire meter AND be open for punishment.

A side note, I've been playing Baraka pretty much every day the past 2 weeks or so and though nobody has stated this in patch notes, he is MUCH faster. Some of his moves seem to have gotten a speed increase and his Spark seems to have gotten a much faster recovery, take him into training mode and spam Spark if you need an example, anybody that remembers how it was before will instantly be able to tell the difference. Also, I really do NOT think blade spin needs a juggle, with this hot fix, he is already extremely powerful and I like the way he is. Adding a juggle to spin will further complicate how they should scale his damage resulting in changing this insanely awesome playstyle he currently has. Besides, Kung Lao juggles off spin, play Kung Lao if that's what you want to do...

Awesome news on Kenshi being just a swordsman. I was worried about another continuity error as Ermac didn't teach him telekinesis until Deadly Alliance or Deception.

kaballer said:
1. Kabal block infinite removed. Dash recovery time changed.

I didn't know if anyone has talked about this/watched the stream, but what is the "block infinite" and when it says dash recovery time "changed," did he state whether it was faster or slower?

Thanks.

P.S: Personally, I'm surprised Raiden isn't getting a nerf. I know, I might be complaining, but I think he deserved one, along with Ermac and Kung Lao.

I didn't know if anyone has talked about this/watched the stream, but what is the "block infinite" and when it says dash recovery time "changed," did he state whether it was faster or slower?

Thanks.

P.S: Personally, I'm surprised Raiden isn't getting a nerf. I know, I might be complaining, but I think he deserved one, along with Ermac and Kung Lao.

No, no, no, none of dat !!!! LOL ;)

Great news for Kenshi (it doesn't make sense for him to have telekinetic powers yet story-wise), and THANK GOD that Bo Rai Cho won't be DLC. So Skarlet will be A-Tier, huh? That's pretty surprising.

Hmmm that posted subzero combo on the first page does 57% damage without yesterday's tweaks 2%more then the listed percentage so why was it even noted when he's supposed to get a all around 2%decrease anyway?

Here are the notes from the official site:

Ver. 0.127S-208-FD2E2ECD (Xbox 360) / Ver 0.127S-208-FD2E2ECD (PS3) *released 4/19/2011

• Reduced the life gained on Shang Tsung’s throws.
• Raised the damage scaling on Shang Tsung’s ground fireballs.
• Adjusted Kratos’ damage scaling.
• Temporarily adjusted how long Quan Chi is held for after hitting someone with his trance move and also adjusted the reaction recovery time. This was to prevent an easy infinite loop.
• Temporarily removed some of Sindel’s 2in1 cancels to prevent some easy infinite loops.
• Temporarily increased the time before Cyrax can throw another net after connecting with one to prevent an infinite loop.
• Increased the damage scaling after several popup reactions.

Ver. 0.127S-208-FD70F4B3 (Xbox 360) / Ver. 0.127S-208- A0FAD3CF (PS3) *released 5/20/2011

• Reduced some of Kung Lao’s combo and overall damage.
• Reduced the damage on some special moves.
• Increased the damage scaling after Kitana’s Enhanced ground fan toss.
• Adjusted some juggle’s damage scaling.
• Reduced the damage on some basic combos that were doing too much damage without using any meter.
• Increased Sheeva’s damage output for several of her moves and attacks.
• Temporarily Changed around some of Sonya’s fighting style properties to reduce her ability to lock someone down in block stun.
• Changed Kano’s Towards Front Kick to a low block.
• Reduced the recovery on Kano’s Upball to be closer to Johnny Cage’s Flip Kick recovery.
• Increased the damage of some of Baraka’s special moves and attacks.
• It is easier to juggle combo after hitting someone with Baraka’s chopchop on the ground.
• Increased the damage scaling on a frozen opponent.
• Baraka’s Away Front Kick, Front Punch combo is now a true popup.
Thank you! Didn't realize NRS is already posting official patch notes on their site. I'll edit in the bullets that were missing.

Scorp has not been nerfed, damage is still the same.
You can't move after Quan Chi's trance.
Kabal overall damage reduced by 2%, after B1,2,1 the hitbox is reduced.

These are all changes not written, there is a lack of honesty from NRS' testers part..
My X-Box is isolated from all technology so I'm still playing the unpatched game. Can anyone confirm these statements?

Thanks.
I think slower, Kelsper. I didn't make out exactly what Tom Brady said at that part, but he said the change was made to prevent some sort of exploit. So slower makes more sense. Sorry for not clarifying, I didn't want to post anything I wasn't sure about.

For the record OTG means OFF the ground. Saw a lot of TRMK posters on the stream chat last night saying it was on the ground.

Term originated from capcom games meaning hitting your opponent off the ground.