REVEALED! The #SecretHistory of #Khrome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It feels like you're trying to test my patience...

"Rain was originally a red herring inserted by the game developers; a character shown in the game's attract mode who did not actually exist within the game itself. A recent interview reveals that the insert was made by Ed Boon himself to intentionally trick players."

I am quoting my previous goddamn quote.

Ok let's examine this statement. What kind of forums are talking here? Obviously MK related ones. Who generally goes to MK related forums? People who play MK games. What does it mean?

MK players go to MK forums + massive negativity on forums regarding Khrome = a lot people who play MK don't like Khrome. The same people who buy MK games. If lots of people don't like that character, then it means it won't sell well. Economics 101.

Also only forums you say?

The guys at Neatherrrealm are annoyed by him.

Jade petition stopped dead, as Kitana 3rd variation was revealed to be Jade's "cameo".

Noob Saibot isn't THAT popular, so I don't really see that as achievement.

And again. A simple petition won't be enough for Khrome. He doesn't have the same amount of structure as Rain, Tremor did. So it ain't happening.

There's a liquid metal ninja Kombat Kard in MKX. Tremor was in PS Vita for MK9 now he's in MKX. A liquid metal ninja can happen in the future just because you say it ain't happening doesn't mean it ain't happening. Ed Boon said he barely knows who Chrome is because he doesn't have a backstory. All they need to do is give him a backstory. Connect that to liquid metal ninja in Kombat Kard, give him a backstory and now you have a character.
https://twitter.com/MKXChrome/status/796056608321269760

Last edited:
There's a liquid metal ninja Kombat Kard in MKX. Tremor was in PS Vita for MK9 now he's in MKX. A liquid metal ninja can happen in the future just because you say it ain't happening doesn't mean it ain't happening. Ed Boon said he barely knows who Chrome is because he doesn't have a backstory. All they need to do is give him a backstory. Connect that to liquid metal ninja in Kombat Kard, give him a backstory and now you have a character.
https://twitter.com/MKXChrome/status/796056608321269760

Tremor's debut was in Mortal Kombat: Special Forces. They just made him playable in MK9 Vita/MKX. He is MK original. Can't compare that.

I can't decide what will happen. I just point out why there is 99% chance it won't happen... you know, by doing research.

And Ed Boon also said "No". Multiple times too. And it seems (after googling for a bit) he is REALLY tired of Khrome character due all the spam he receives.

Tremor's debut was in Mortal Kombat: Special Forces. They just made him playable in MK9 Vita/MKX. He is MK original. Can't compare that.

I can't decide what will happen. I just point out why there is 99% chance it won't happen... you know, by doing research.

And Ed Boon also said "No". Multiple times too. And it seems (after googling for a bit) he is REALLY tired of Khrome character due all the spam he receives.

And what was Ed Boon's reasons for saying No, he clearly says '...not that we hate him or don't wanna do it, but I barely know who Chrome is, I don't know his backstory or anything'. So for Ed Boon to know Chrome they need to make a backstory.

Last edited:
considering how the industry now tries to hop on the "fan mod making" bandwagon after ignoring it for so long, i wouldn't be surprised if nrs tries to pull off the same shit and puts in khrome as a "fan created" character

also i hate to burst someone's bubble but this forum is in such a minority that it cannot be taken as an accurate representation of what the majority needs and thinks

considering how the industry now tries to hop on the "fan mod making" bandwagon after ignoring it for so long, i wouldn't be surprised if nrs tries to pull off the same shit and puts in khrome as a "fan created" character

also i hate to burst someone's bubble but this forum is in such a minority that it cannot be taken as an accurate representation of what the majority needs and thinks

True. As if sites like these speak for the majority of MK fanbase, it's only a minority of MK fanbase. Same with Twitter, it's only a minority of MK fanbase but Ed Boon pays attention to Twitter the most.

Last edited:

Oh I agree about that. But again we are talking about a character with very basic look, and a bad rep.

Also no bubbles have been burst, so no worries. As I didn't say this forum, I mentioned "forums". This forum barely has any traffic right now as it is. I never use only one source of info (unless there is no more than one), if I am trying to make a point.

So for Ed Boon to know Chrome they need to make a backstory.

Oh yeah. Let's just go and make a backstory. Problem solved. Everything else like what makes that character who he is, moveset, special moves, balancing, design will be done on it's own. This is pretty much a work from square one (from game dev perspective). Making a character is a huge investment, both time and money. A meager petition with barely 2k votes is not sufficient to cover the costs for the character design. For games like Skullgirls, character creation can cost up to 60k$. MK character making can reach up to 100k. Creation, voice acting, marketing. Those 2k votes won't suffice, not to mention no guarantee that many of those people will buy it.

Knowing Warner Bros, they won't take such risk.

Oh I agree about that. But again we are talking about a character with very basic look, and a bad rep.

Also no bubbles have been burst, so no worries. As I didn't say this forum, I mentioned "forums". This forum barely has any traffic right now as it is. I never use only one source of info (unless there is no more than one), if I am trying to make a point.

Oh yeah. Let's just go and make a backstory. Problem solved. Everything else like what makes that character who he is, moveset, special moves, balancing, design will be done on it's own. This is pretty much a work from square one (from game dev perspective). Making a character is a huge investment, both time and money. A meager petition with barely 2k votes is not sufficient to cover the costs for the character design. For games like Skullgirls, character creation can cost up to 60k$. MK character making can reach up to 100k. Creation, voice acting, marketing. Those 2k votes won't suffice, not to mention no guarantee that many of those people will buy it.

Knowing Warner Bros, they won't take such risk.

As DLC Chrome or liquid metal ninja won't sell well. However as a player in the vanilla roster, he has the potential to become a big fan favorite character. NRS has a track record of turning jokes, glitches, errors, rumors into actual characters. Don't be surprised if the same happens to Chrome. Remember "Nothing is impossible, the word itself says I'm possible!"

Last edited:
As DLC Chrome or liquid metal ninja won't sell well. However as a player in the vanilla roster, he has the potential to become a big fan favorite character. NRS has a track record of turning jokes, glitches, errors, rumors into actual characters. Don't be surprised if the same happens to Chrome. Remember "Nothing is impossible, the word itself says I'm possible!"

If you want NRS to commit suicide, then this is the best plan. People ripped each others throats over ORIGINAL 7 characters taking slots. And you want Khrome to take a slot in base game??? If it can't sell well as DLC, you think it will be used in a base game? Base game means first impressions. Bad first impressions, means bad sales. MKX bad launch on PC was already a massive marketing fail, now you think they gonna risk MK11 with Khrome.

Just, because nothing is impossible doesn't mean it will be done. You're asking someone to do a leap of faith at the cost of fanbase (which already got scarred from MKX launch).

The way Khrome is? He ain't worth shit from investment side. Unless more effort will be put into marketing for Khrome, he ain't touching MK. There is www.mkkollective.com start putting Khrome art there and you will have a bigger chance of NRS taking the interest in Khrome. Other than that. No chance.

If you want NRS to commit suicide, then this is the best plan. People ripped each others throats over ORIGINAL 7 characters taking slots. And you want Khrome to take a slot in base game??? If it can't sell well as DLC, you think it will be used in a base game? Base game means first impressions. Bad first impressions, means bad sales. MKX bad launch on PC was already a massive marketing fail, now you think they gonna risk MK11 with Khrome.

Just, because nothing is impossible doesn't mean it will be done. You're asking someone to do a leap of faith at the cost of fanbase (which already got scarred from MKX launch).

The way Khrome is? He ain't worth shit from investment side. Unless more effort will be put into marketing for Khrome, he ain't touching MK. There is www.mkkollective.com start putting Khrome art there and you will have a bigger chance of NRS taking the interest in Khrome. Other than that. No chance.

Yes Chrome as new ninja will do well as that's what ninja fans clamour for. Chrome is being marketed well enough by Ed Boon himself on Twitter where he talks about Chrome.

Last edited:
Yes Chrome as new ninja will do well as that's what ninja fans clamour for. Chrome is being marketed well enough by Ed Boon himself on Twitter where he talks about Chrome.

Oh yeah I saw those tweets.

NO. No more goddamn ninjas. Give us Kabal please Ed

BURN KHROME FANS!!!!

NO!! Please ED Sindel fo MKX F KROME!

Or when asked about Khrome he changes the subject to other characters. Indeed, amazing marketing.

I don't deny that Khrome has people who like him, but it is not enough. So unless someone from Khrome supporters will put effort, it won't happen. Waiting for it to happen, won't make it happen. You either work for that or you don't.

Last edited:
Oh yeah I saw those tweets.

Or then asked about Khrome he changes the subject to other characters. Indeed amazing marketing.

I don't deny that Khrome has people who like him, but it is not enough. So unless someone from Khrome supporters will put effort, it won't happen. Waiting for it to happen, won't make it happen. You either work for that or you don't.

Well Rain, Ermac, Skarlet all started out less than what Chrome currently has.

Last edited:
Well Rain, Ermac, Skarlet all started out less than what Chrome currently has.

Yeah. I bet the fact, that they were part of the game from day 1 doesn't say much.

Skarlet color glitch in MK2.
Ermac color glitched Scorpion.
Rain background character in MK2.

Also game was way more simple. So yeah Khrome needs way more work to beat those odds.

Yeah. I bet the fact, that they were part of the game from day 1 doesn't say much.

Skarlet color glitch in MK2.
Ermac color glitched Scorpion.
Rain background character in MK2.

Also game was way more simple. So yeah Khrome needs way more work to beat those odds.

Funny coincidence, all those characters are ninjas and so is Chrome.

Last edited:
I'm not sure what kind of marketing a video game character needs. All they need to do is show a screenshot and people will get hyped up. The new MKX characters looked so out of the place and yet they worked. Tremor and Skarlet, especially the latter being the biggest joke of them all, started from nothing and ended up as likeable characters for most.

I'm not sure what kind of marketing a video game character needs. All they need to do is show a screenshot and people will get hyped up. The new MKX characters looked so out of the place and yet they worked. Tremor and Skarlet, especially the latter being the biggest joke of them all, started from nothing and ended up as likeable characters for most.

Skarlet was cool. I blame NRS for not developing her for MKX. At least Kittleson tried to develop her in the MKX comics and she even had a new costume which was pretty cool (black garbed ninja).

Last edited:
We can discuss back and forth all we want, but in the end, we can just wait and see if Khrome ever becomes anything but the laughable and ridiculous joke it is.

My money's on it's not gonna happen though.

Last edited:
Fck that. Skarlet is exactly the garbage that some triggered members of this forum should be rioting about, not Khrome. A character that was a mere graphical glitch in a video game 20 years ago. No mention of her throughout any of the series, other than some fan gossip and rumors. Then some people started outright making up the "blood powers" for her (I remember the old midway cringe forums, that's all where it started) and nagging NRS to add into upcoming games. So what NRS does?...

As for comics I don't recall seeing her much other than wearing an outfit that directly contradicts what she's supposed to be about, only not to trigger some sissified SJWs. There are characters in queue that need to be developed, and Skarlet is the last in line. Poor Reptile is still a joke after all these years...

We can discuss back and forth until all we want, but in the end, we can just wait and see if Khrome ever becomes anything but the laughable and ridiculous joke it is.

My money's on it's not gonna happen though.

Let's just agree to disagree.

Last edited:
Fck that. Skarlet is exactly the garbage that some triggered members of this forum should be rioting about, not Khrome. A character that was a mere graphical glitch in a video game 20 years ago. No mention of her throughout any of the series, other than some fan gossip and rumors. Then some people started outright making up the "blood powers" for her (I remember the old midway cringe forums, that's all where it started) and nagging NRS to add into upcoming games. So what NRS does?...

As for comics I don't recall seeing her much other than wearing an outfit that directly contradicts what she's supposed to be about, only not to trigger some sissified SJWs. There are characters in queue that need to be developed, and Skarlet is the last in line. Poor Reptile is still a joke after all these years...

I'm not talking about Skarlet's origins. I'm talking about her as a character and her potential, she has unique blood powers so I see her as a strong character, more strong than Mileena and Kitana. However she never got the treatment to flesh her out more, she was sidelined, which is a shame. Why make characters DLC if you're not gonna give them a chance. DLC characters should at least be in next game's story mode.

Last edited:
Funny coincidence, all those characters are ninjas and so is Chrome.

So? It is 2016, not late 90s where every MK ninja looked the same except the color. Comments like these don't work anymore. "Oh he is a ninja, he will automatically work just fine! No need for any background or anything. Just slap a ninja tag and we are good to go."

Yet people claim that MK has too many ninjas already, even though Ermac became into a mummy sorcerer, while Rain became into some sort of royal exile whose clothing reminds of tropic/desert wanderer.

That is the weakest claim. I still can't understand why you can't understand this massive difference between Rain, Skarlet, Ermac and Khrome. Those guys needed DECADES to become from glitches/color swaps into what they are now. They have a long history. Khrome is like a newborn baby next to them. I mean all this stuff with Khrome started when? 2014. Skarlet, Ermac and Rain were born when? 1993.

Status
Not open for further replies.