Cars - Post your favorites!

That's a stupid law. Retarded drivers can do just as much damage with 4 cylinders.

I should know... I live in Houston.

True, but new, young drivers tend to be more aggressive, and having a high-powered engine doesn't mix well with that. When I was in my 20s, I got probably 50 tickets for shit like reckless driving, running stop signs and speeding. I also totaled a car and had a fewer fender-benders. I'm 35 now and haven't had a single ticket in 7 years.

Giving the new drivers more milestones and experience seems like a great idea to me. That shit with Nick Hogan wouldn't have happened if we had a license program like that.

At the same time, I think we need to be stricter with older drivers, too. I think we should make it mandatory to actually go to the DMV and take the vision test every year and every 2-3 years they should have to retake the road test.

That's a stupid law. Retarded drivers can do just as much damage with 4 cylinders.

4 cylinder cars can still be RIDICULOUSLY fast. If you don't think so, get behind the wheel of an STi or Evo X. They are SO fast off the line for 4WD cars, and have SO much grip that by the time the car's limits are exceeded, you're going catastrophically fast. :laugh: But I still get what you mean.

uh yeah, My first car was this

images

It had 2.4L

And I wrecked that shit 1 month after my birthday. The only time I wrecked. and the last time I speed. Took me one wreck to learn my lesson (Granted It was raining and I was following my friend)

I got out of a ticket because my friend I scrapped a bit of paint off his back bumper when I swirved to miss him. He asked if he could go get my Mother cuz he called her and she was fish-tailing otw in a van to get to me. Cop said ok.

Then cop asked me if some questions and I told him I barely tapped my friends car. And he was like "OH you mean that guy that left?" I heard the 2 cops talking amongst themselves a bit basically saying he shouldn't have left the scene.

And I think to cover their ass they waived the ticket.

And I got a ticket in that car once from a FL speed trap. We're known for those, and if you travel to tournaments as much as I do. SOONER or later you're gonna be daydreaming while driving and you're gonna miss a speed limit sign.

All of my friends that drived like maniacs even in 4cylinders. Are now very cautious drivers.

Also I got a super rich friend who's been through 5 cameros already. His insurance is 10k a year. His dad makes like 300,000 a year. I've been at his house a few times and his FOOD pantry is bigger than my bedroom.

I generally don't speed unless it's on somewhat abandoned roads I know fairly well (a certain state route I know nearby comes to mind as it's the most challenging for miles around), and don't recommend going fast on public roads unless you are a skilled driver and familiar with how your car handles at a decent clip.

I think in general the U.S. does a poor job of teaching motorists. They teach you the rules of driving and the basic mechanical operation of a motor vehicle. They DON'T teach you how to actually drive, like what grip is all about, weight transfer, loading, slip angle, oversteer, understeer, lift-off oversteer, power-oversteer and power-understeer (VERY important to understand if you drive in the wet/ice). Most people, when something bad happens, jerk the wheel and brake as hard as they can, which is possibly the best way to make sure you're going to wreck quite badly.

I generally don't speed unless it's on somewhat abandoned roads I know fairly well (a certain state route I know nearby comes to mind as it's the most challenging for miles around), and don't recommend going fast on public roads unless you are a skilled driver and familiar with how your car handles at a decent clip.

I think in general the U.S. does a poor job of teaching motorists. They teach you the rules of driving and the basic mechanical operation of a motor vehicle. They DON'T teach you how to actually drive, like what grip is all about, weight transfer, loading, slip angle, oversteer, understeer, lift-off oversteer, power-oversteer and power-understeer (VERY important to understand if you drive in the wet/ice). Most people, when something bad happens, jerk the wheel and brake as hard as they can, which is possibly the best way to make sure you're going to wreck quite badly.

Yeah I was wrecked in the rain because of my ignorance of how tires/braking work in the rain. Now I'm less ignorant.

Shit here should be like it is in Finland, where you have to study 4-5 years starting at around 11, with hands-on practice on tough roads and a skidpad in order to get your license. Here they just administer a basic competency "I won't get into an accident every 2 minutes" test. Small wonder there are more motorsport champions per capita than any other nation in the world in Finland--just to get around their insane roads you've got to have a rallyist's skills.

Back on topic....

Nissan Fairlady Z 370Z NISMO (Z34) 2010-present.

nismo-2009-nissan-370z_100189730_m.jpg

nissan-370z-nismo-ed-5_460x0w.jpg

Yet another evolution of the Fairlady Z, the 370Z is one of my favorite currently in-production cars. In 2003, the Z car came back in the form of the 300hp naturally-aspirated V6 of the 350Z, a car that was a completely new chassis and design than the previous generation Z, the 300ZX. It proved exceptionally successful, so in 2009 the latest evolution, the 370Z (Z34) was released. The base, naturally-aspirated, 3.7 Liter V6 produces 332hp, but when purchased in the top, Nissan in-house tuning department, NISMO-spec, the power is bumped up to 350bhp from the VQ37VHR, front-midship mounted engine. With great weight balance, a low-to-the ground, wide stance mated with a short wheelbase, the 370Z has great maneuverability to match its impressive power.

But the extremely cramped, 2-seater NISMO version (actually, all variants are super cramped) doesn't just benefit from a bodykit and more powerfully-tuned engine and exhaust. No; a fully re-tuned, stiffened sports suspension adds to the 370Z's already excellent handling, making the car turn in sharper, and peel through corners with more ease. Bigger brakes are de rigeur, along with a completely new and unique innovation for a manual-transmission car, Nissan's new Synchro-Revmatch system, which when engaged, automatically blips the throttle on downshifting a gear, making the process of heel-toe redundant and unnecessary, allowing even amateur enthusiasts like me to execute downshifts with the skills of a professional, top-tier racer, all while having the decision-making power and tactile feel of a fully manual transmission. It is literally the only system of its kind. Even the drifting and racing legend, Keiichi Tsuchiya, was impressed.

So not only does the 370Z NISMO edition look great, go fast, and have excellent handling, but once that Synchro-revmatch system is turned on, it gives you all the tools at your disposal to make the most of this track-ready car. It comes at a price though, as a spec'd NISMO Z will run you about $40k. Though, that's still saving money vs. a BWM 1M, Mustang Boss 302, or entry-level Corvette, to say nothing of its chief rival, the Porsche Cayman S. I LOVE this car. The 350Z too, which I almost wound up owning last year, but decided the lack of space was a deal-killer as an only car. You can't bring ANYTHING with you if two people ride in it--meaning you and ONE passenger. Barely room for a purse and whatever your friend has.

:laugh: That is absolute proof you have no taste when it comes to cars then. It's a car widely lauded for its good looks as well as performance. To me, it's one of the best looking modern cars around, in an era where most cars look bland as hell.

:laugh: That is absolute proof you have no taste when it comes to cars then. It's a car widely lauded for its good looks as well as performance. To me, it's one of the best looking modern cars around, in an era where most cars look bland as hell.

well like I said I don't care about performance

But My tastes are my tastes. I don't lack taste.

IMO it's like people telling me I have no taste because I dislike mustard. I like what I like, not gonna change it to fit with the crowd so I can be considered to "have taste"

:p

well like I said I don't care about performance

But My tastes are my tastes. I don't lack taste.

IMO it's like people telling me I have no taste because I dislike mustard. I like what I like, not gonna change it to fit with the crowd so I can be considered to "have taste"

:p

You've missed the point, man, completely. But that's OK.

What point has he missed? I agree with him (not about the car, I like it). I think "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" applies to cars as well.

LC, shouldn't you be busy shopping for a new ride? Run along.

The point is that you don't really seem to know what generally makes for a car that, to anyone with decent standards, looks good. Sure, beauty is in the eye of the beholder--I said that earlier, if you'll recall. That still doesn't mean you aren't clueless about how a car should look! I think I conclusively proved that by showing you a picture of that horrendous Kia Optima. :laugh:

It hasn't been definitively decided that the car is totaled, actually... so I'm not actually sure if I should be shopping for a new ride or not yet. Though I was actually thinking of soliciting your advice if needed. Do you know as much about normal cars as you this sweet stuff you keep posting?

I know a fair amount about a lot of cars. Not just sports cars. I happen to REALLY like family hatchbacks, for instance.

The point is that you don't really seem to know what generally makes for a car that, to anyone with decent standards, looks good. Sure, beauty is in the eye of the beholder--I said that earlier, if you'll recall. That still doesn't mean you aren't clueless about how a car should look! I think I conclusively proved that by showing you a picture of that horrendous Kia Optima. :laugh:

Which I said was Average?

you gave me a scale of 1-10. your 1-10 might be different than mine.

1-10 in MK9 5 is average

1-10 in a Gaming rating website an 8 is average.

To tell me I don't have decent standards is annoying me. Just because I don't like a hatch back look, doesn't make me an idiot for choosing a car that I like.

The 2 cars I've owned are not what I consider beauty I just bought those for the interior spacing. Stratus had epic large back seat footing room. Everyone wanted to rid in my car vs alot of other "more liked cars" because of simply comfortable space on the inside. Hell i'd prefer a van over squeezing in a 2-door car where I have to have my knees up to my chin to sit in the back seat.

But that's just me explaining why I had the stratus.

I got the honda for cost effectiveness. I was going to get a charger. But for how often I travel to tournaments that shit would rape my wallet.

I also like the way a Dodge magnum looks.

I like the Charger/Magnum/Challenger/Lambo's/2010 Mustang.

I like how these cars look alot.

But I don't like hatchbacks.

That car you posted in my profile if I saw it on the road. I wouldn't look at it twice.

Which I said was Average?

you gave me a scale of 1-10. your 1-10 might be different than mine.

1-10 in MK9 5 is average

1-10 in a Gaming rating website an 8 is average.

To tell me I don't have decent standards is annoying me. Just because I don't like a hatch back look, doesn't make me an idiot for choosing a car that I like.

The 2 cars I've owned are not what I consider beauty I just bought those for the interior spacing. Stratus had epic large back seat footing room. Everyone wanted to rid in my car vs alot of other "more liked cars" because of simply comfortable space on the inside. Hell i'd prefer a van over squeezing in a 2-door car where I have to have my knees up to my chin to sit in the back seat.

But that's just me explaining why I had the stratus.

I got the honda for cost effectiveness. I was going to get a charger. But for how often I travel to tournaments that shit would rape my wallet.

I also like the way a Dodge magnum looks.

I like the Charger/Magnum/Challenger/Lambo's/2010 Mustang.

I like how these cars look alot.

But I don't like hatchbacks.

I didn't ask you about hatchbacks. Why are you on about them? o_O. You sure you've got your head screwed on straight today? I also didn't ask you to justify any previous car purchases. Lighten up, Nancy. What I'm saying is for someone who likes how a car looks vs. performance, I'm not sure you'd be able to identify a stunning car if it ran you over in broad daylight! :laugh:

I know a fair amount about a lot of cars. Not just sports cars. I happen to REALLY like family hatchbacks, for instance.

LOL you stereotyping me? (I kid)

One general question... do Japanese cars by and large last longer reliably than American cars, or have the American cars gotten better? I've heard conflicting things.

Ford's initial quality for its American-market cars has gotten better over the last...three years or so. I'd never consider buying one until very recently, but that's -initial- quality; verdict's still out on how those cars will fare 10 years from now. If I were buying a car for reliability's sake and total cost of ownership, I'd buy something like a Honda Accord, Subaru Impreza, Nissan Sentra, etc. Japanese cars are top notch in terms of their value because of their high reliability. Hondas in particular. It's the Civic, and not the ****roach that'll be around after the apocalypse; of this I'm convinced.

Aside from some Fords, I would NOT buy an American car at this time. They're overpriced vs. features and just have a bad track record in my experience.

I didn't ask you about hatchbacks. Why are you on about them? o_O. You sure you've got your head screwed on straight today? I also didn't ask you to justify any previous car purchases. Lighten up, Nancy. What I'm saying is for someone who likes how a car looks vs. performance, I'm not sure you'd be able to identify a stunning car if it ran you over in broad daylight! :laugh:

Yeah I mentioned. I don't care about performance. That's like me mentioning I don't care about competitive play aspect.

When it comes to cars I only like "what appeals to me in graphic style" and I don't mean more real.

It's like how anime's have different art styles. I like certain ones. I didn't like how they portrayed faces in Akira. So I admit how I don't like the art style in that and people bag on me for hating the looks.

Same for that game Skull girls. I think the look of the characters are deformed looking. Their eyes look retarded. But that's IMO. Some people were talking about how much they like the look of it.

I may not know how to appreciate specific line of cars because I don't keep up.

But I understand RACING and how it works. I understand drag, drafting ect ect ect.

So if you tell me about the car. I can understand and appreciate what you mean. But at the end of the day. You won't find me looking up cars, going to car shows. Ect ect. It's not one of my highlights. So I appreciate cars just by "looks"

and I was mentioning the hatchback because you posted a hatchback looking car that I said was ugly(IMO)

and I mentioned my previous cars. Because frankly I think they are also average on looks. The kind of cars you drive by and don't care about. And I didn't want people thinking I thought they were good looking cars.