New 2D Persona fighting game from the GG/BB guys!

New screenshots.

p4_mayo_protag_04.jpg

p4_mayo_chie_01.jpg

p4_mayo_yukiko_04.jpg

p4_mayo_aigis_03.jpg

p4_mayo_mitsuru_03.jpg

p4_mayo_akihiko_03.jpg

p4_mayo_mitsuru_02.jpg

p4_mayo_naoto_01.jpg

Game is looking so good, can't wait :twisted:

The anime on www.theanimenetwork.com is now open to all without registering, and it's awesome. Totally captures Persona 4, I highly recommend it if you haven't played the game and are interested in this fighter.

Not to many people here seem to know about Persona. I love it, P4 being my favorite. I can't wait to play as Yu Narukami (or Shoji, which ever you prefer) and kick some Aegis ass! Kanji looks like a ****ing beast too.

2132460423_full.jpg

What is up with the tarot cards at this character selection?^^^

I do not know much about Persona, except someone recommended it to me when we were talking about Catherine. I absolutely loved BB and sad I do not play it really at all anymore...

As Drakilla said, Persona bases itself around Japanese Gods, Demons and other spiritual stuff. Each character gets their own Persona and their Persona gets its own special ability such as the main characters main Persona in P4 (gotta say main persona cause he's the Fool Tarot 0. He can have as many personas as he wants. He can even mix them too) is Izanagi, a Japanese god. Izanagi's ability is lightning. Yosakes Persona Jiraiya's ability is wind. Yukiko's persona, Konohana Sakuya's ability is fire (I hope you're not confused by this).

Kanji is gonna kick some major ass in this game. I already know it.
Persona_4_Take-Mikazuchi.jpg

The game is looking kinda cool
Still im not sold on the game.

Yeah, I can understand non-Persona players not being sold on the game yet. A lot of it has to do with the characters and game world. Imagine your favorite RPG turned into a 2D fighter...you would get more hype more than just another game. It really helps ArcSys is making it tho :p

Atlus' US branch has officially announced that they will be publishing the newly titled Persona 4 Arena for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

Besides the main components from the arcade version likely going to be available on consoles, we can also expect online play and a story mode serving as a sequel to the Persona 4 RPG.

The game will be available in the summer season while Japan will get the arcade version this coming March.

Amazon is listing its NA release as August 7th.

persona4arena-usa-flyer.jpg

Last edited:
Persona 4 Arena will be making it out a bit ahead of its original planned release date. The PS3 and Xbox 360 arcade-to-home port will now arrive on July 26. The game had previously been announced for August 2.

Persona 4 Arena will be making it out a bit ahead of its original planned release date. The PS3 and Xbox 360 arcade-to-home port will now arrive on July 26. The game had previously been announced for August 2.

Wait, for US or Japan? Cause if it's US release date for July 26, then I better go pre order that shit.

Persona°4 Arena™ would effectively become the first PlayStation°3 system game to be region-locked. We can today confirm that this is true; the game will be region-locked in all its respective territories of release.