[SPOILER] Sub-Zero's identity in MKX confirmed!

Re: [SPOILER, RUMOR] Sub-Zero's identity in MKX is...

It is shocking how little people actually read posts. I am aware that arcade endings are NOT canon. I have mentioned this in every post I made so far. That does NOT mean that they do not contain factual information regarding the future of the character in future MK games. This is how it has always been in mk games. The story progresses on its own path, but individual character developments may be hinted at in their individual endings. That is the point.

I'm sorry taj, no disrespect at all, but I can't fathom why this is such a difficult concept to grasp.

Think logically. Why would they even include arcade endings with such specific character developments or information if they didn't potentially have some bearing on the future of the character, or if not for simple foreshadowing to future story development for the next game in general? That is how it had always been. We know nothing about the next game other than basic info. One of us, or both of us, is right or wrong. We still find out in time.

In any case, it's clear that this topic has lost civility for most people, and again i sit here trying to figure out why I bothered trying to interact with an overly hostile mortal kombat community. So long kids, I tried.

You're right that it may foreshadow events to come, or that it gives us details of potential developments, but I will ask you to think in terms of Sub-Zero and Scorpion. In MK9's Story Mode, we have seen what becomes of them. I can acknowledge the foreshadowing/character development argument for characters that we did not play as in story mode, but not for Sub-Zero and Scorpion, simply because their actual canon stories were explored in Story Mode. Scorpion still continues to be Quan Chi's pet, and CSZ dies.

And what I meant by your flawed points regarding endings from MK's 1-4, I mean you have your facts wrong. Scorpion DID vow to not HARM Kuai Liang/Sub-Zero and Scorpion did not believe this was the same Sub-Zero that murdered him/who he believed to have murdered his family. Quan Chi fed him some more bullshit that Kuai Liang was INVOLVED with the Lin Kuei's eradication, leading to Scorpion denouncing his vow that he made in MK2.

And I don't mean any disrespect either, but you can't get upset when someone disagrees with you/firmly stands by their stance. It's a debate for a reason.

@ shang

Seriously, no one's really gone over the edge here. No one's pulled a spader.
You don't seem any better so..

If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen.

Re: [SPOILER] Sub-Zero's identity in MKX is...

Jesus that is CRAZY! At first i thought this was bull but after seeing this, I think I'm convinced .-.

Then again, Ed Boon said there's a "sea of Sub-Zeroes."
http://www.trmk.org/features/interview_mortal_kombat_x_ed_boon_e3_2014/3/

Yep guys. Hey to all again, I'm here to join this forum again:)) I'm a wanderer and never stick anywhere for long, but this forum is where i return again and again.
So. "Sea of Sub-Zeroes" sounds cool. I raise both hands for seeing Bi Han in his Sub-Zero appearence (any miracle restored him). Pity in this case we will not see Noob Saibot who is also a cool MK character. I also would raise 2 more hands (if i was Shokan) for seeing Kuai Liang in human OR cyber form. More in human of course, but cyber is also OK. Just not zombie, only not undead:)
And 2 more hands up for a new younger Sub-Zero. Maybe Kuai Liang's secret son found or something.

Zero-Kahn? No. I wouldn't like to see this. We already have one revealed Kahn in this game. He will be enough i think:)

But Shang Tsung IS the Joker!!

:laugh:

On topic, though, I really wouldn't mind if pre-MK9 either Bi-Han or Kuai-Liang stuck their popsicle in Frost's ice box, thus giving us MK X Sub-Zero.
It would completely make sense too, and explain this new Sub-Zero adopting the Cryomancer, Unbreakable and Grandmaster variations from his father and uncle.
Maybe one of the Sub-Zero brothers used to be this new Sub-Zero's mentor, and teaches him the way of the previous 2 Sub-Zero brothers.

(BTW, I was joking about Frost and 1 of the Sub-Zero brothers being the parents of this new one, in case people didn't pick up on the joke tone of it. Kind of a friendly jab at Cassie. ;))

But what hell and what shit is shao khan now? the fcking voldemort that has splitted his soul and subzero is a stupid fridge?, sorry if i was offended to anyone.

with all respects, the theory is very foreced and very crazy.

Imo, Subzero 4th, bi han, has surivived at soulnado, and prolly in whole 25 year after him had 2 posibilities, or him had been fcked with sareeena or with frost for get a son. I believe if bi han is alive in mkx 10 timeline, him should to have 57 years old, and him is not edenian.
Remember that prolly him had 32 years in the original time line and prolly has the same years on the reboot from mk9.

There is not Two timelines anymore..Just one..at least thats what i got from Ed in his interviews..

Yup.
The stuff from MK1 thru UMK3 doesn't matter in MK X.

The only thing that matters in MK X are the events from MK9, and how they affect the future (MK X).

Yup.
The stuff from MK1 thru UMK3 doesn't matter in MK X.

The only thing that matters in MK X are the events from MK9, and how they affect the future (MK X).

Hells yea man. I love it. The deadly alliance is no more..I have a feeling Onaga is going to return though. He is the One Being after all and all the realms are pieces of the Kamidogu. You also have to deal with Armageddon. Ed has said its a NEW freakin story! You have to assume Raiden Prevents Armageddon OR 25 years is when Armageddon Takes place..But if we see Fighters Aged I wonder if it will be a new Mortal Kombat. Blah now my head hurts..I wish i could read the script :/

Sub-Zero in MKX is the same as Raiden in MKSM...

A morphed Shang Tsung.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Now wait a second I dont recall that in MKSM. Did i miss something? I even got the secret credits..Nah im not buying that but that shit.

It was the one major plot twist in the game. You find out raiden has been shang tsung the whole time trying to pit kung Lao and liu kang against each other. Either way, tarkatantrash was making a joke.

Now wait a second I dont recall that in MKSM. Did i miss something? I even got the secret credits..Nah im not buying that but that shit.

During the Tarkatan invasion, Shang Tsung confronted Raiden, and a fight ensued. It's unclear exactly what happened, but "Raiden" later approached Liu and Kung and told them of what Shang Tsung had up his sleeve. If you look at that FMV VERY closely, you will see the eyes of "Raiden" glow green. Raiden's eyes NEVER glow green, which makes this a red flag.

Also, while guiding Kang and Lao throughout Outworld, you can see "Raiden" CLEARLY planting the seeds of distrust between the two monks, even going as far as blatantly telling Liu Kang that Kung Lao was a "liability". I don't know about you, but the Raiden that I know would have told both of them to check their egos at the door.

Additionally, "Raiden" was in the Netherrealm with the two monks. SERIOUS red flag here, since Raiden is physically unable to set foot into the Netherrealm, because only those tainted with evil may enter that horrid place. Raiden even implied so himself in Mythologies.

And of course, there's the final boss fights. As dissension finally boiled over, Raiden stepped in and stopped the fight, attempting to warn them of what they were REALLY doing to Shang Tsung, before Shao Kahn wounded Raiden. After that came the smoking gun..."Raiden" was Shang Tsung all along!

Did they ever explain how Raiden was able to enter the Netherrealm in MK9? I don't remember.

NOW that makes waaay MORE sense! I agree man. I first thought that Annoucnement video was a Hybrid Sub-Zero his mask off looked liked cyrax..Cyrax has his arms exposed so i debunked his human form until you get to the blood..his blood isnt blue..but his eyes shut down like a robot. anybody agree? Can somebody post a pic of Cyber Cyrax without a mask on and match it with the new Sub-Zeros face without a mask from the announcement video? That could be Bi-Hans little brother. Not shao kahn..

It doesn't make sense because Scorpion was never 2 souls in 1 body.
The difference is that Ed Boon specifically said that "1 is Noob and the other is Saibot," meaning that there could be 2 souls in 1 body.

Considering if at all Shao Kahn being/merged with Sub-Zero is true (it is as plausible a theory as Noob-Saibot splitting into two, even more so with the visuals cues in the op) how could it have happened? I'm thinking it would similar to Scorpion's MKA story arc where the Elder god's save Noob-Saibot from the soulnado, purifies and resurrects him and in return they ask him to be their champion and enpowers him by fusing the soul of Shao Kahn which they would have imprisoned.

Considering if at all Shao Kahn being/merged with Sub-Zero is true (it is as plausible a theory as Noob-Saibot splitting into two, even more so with the visuals cues in the op) how could it have happened? I'm thinking it would similar to Scorpion's MKA story arc where the Elder god's save Noob-Saibot from the soulnado, purifies and resurrects him and in return they ask him to be their champion and enpowers him by fusing the soul of Shao Kahn which they would have imprisoned.

The Soulnado purifying Noob to return as Bi-Han also makes sense.
It would mean no Noob, but it makes sense since Scorpion wasn't torn to shreds by the Soulnado either.
It just transported him.
Bi-Han or Kuai having a kid before the events of MK9, also makes sense (and it would explain why there's a young Sub-Zero, during the 25-year MK X story span).
As for the hammer and helmet, the helmet looks like Shredder Sub-Zero and the hammer could be a simple new ice weapon. Raiden had a hammer for a weapon in MK4.
I'll give credit as far as win stance, with his hands on his waist, though. That part DOES resemble Kahn.

and the hammer could be a simple new ice weapon. Raiden had a hammer for a weapon in MK4.
Everyone kinda had random weapons in mk4 though haha. Tanya had a boomerang and fujin had a crossbow lol. And the hammer is relatable to raiden considering he's a thunder god ya know? Like Thor. But either way, it's gonna be interesting to see which way they go with SZ

Everyone kinda had random weapons in mk4 though haha. Tanya had a boomerang and fujin had a crossbow lol. And the hammer is relatable to raiden considering he's a thunder god ya know? Like Thor. But either way, it's gonna be interesting to see which way they go with SZ
Raiden should've had the stick instead.