walking jab infinite

Good stuff guys! Thankfully things can be easy fixed. I'm still surprised that such a glaring flaw wasn't found by the devs/testers.

I tweeted this thread, specifically NothingRhymesWithCircus' post to the MK team on twitter. Hopefully they will see this and fix it if it's not already.

Guys, I've been playing fighters and sf since they've been in the arcades, I'm a fan like all you. I really wanted this game to work, like another person on this post said, I'm tired of SF fans trashing MK. But man, if a glitch like this has not been spotted until recently, I seriously doubt this game can be competitive. Are Japanese the only ones smart enough to understand the mechanics of fighters? I don't get it. Was it lies that they brought in "Pro" Players to test the game and all that crap? I've put my reputation on the line by supporting this game with lots of people I know. Its different this time, before, the last few incarnations of MK games have not been advertised as competitive games, this one has. If Boon can't get it right this time I give up.

Guys, I've been playing fighters and sf since they've been in the arcades, I'm a fan like all you. I really wanted this game to work, like another person on this post said, I'm tired of SF fans trashing MK. But man, if a glitch like this has not been spotted until recently, I seriously doubt this game can be competitive. Are Japanese the only ones smart enough to understand the mechanics of fighters? I don't get it. Was it lies that they brought in "Pro" Players to test the game and all that crap? I've put my reputation on the line by supporting this game with lots of people I know. Its different this time, before, the last few incarnations of MK games have not been advertised as competitive games, this one has. If Boon can't get it right this time I give up.

Even though its disheartening that they missed something so stupid, I wouldn't worry about the game flopping as a whole competitively. From what I've played of the game so far, and what I've tested frame wise, it's clear the the NRS team went into frame specifics when designing each and every move. Me and my buddy already have some fights that are stupidcool looking and slapped full of mindgames.

I've actually been withholding a lot of information about strategies I've discovered because I feel like now isn't the time for the forums to really appreciate them as a whole because many people don't understand the game properly yet. But trust me this game will make it big.

They probably were looking so far into looking for infinite juggles and damage scaling that they overlooked the dangers of a jab with frame advantage being a mid. Scorpion was one of the first characters they designed, I'm cutting them a little slack on this one but hope we don't find anything stupid in the future.

Last edited:
NothingRhymesWithCircus, thanks for testing and confirming the issue. Now that you've mentioned that no walking is even required, I'm VERY curious about the frame data and if they changed pushback properties at all.

i hate all of you for the simple fact that im an xbox owner an i dont have the demo in my possession! lol jk

good find guys.
To the original starter of this thread, thanks for pushing this topic even though everyone was blowing you off at first. +rep for you!

I appreciate all of this guys, I'm glad people are finally seeing what i was talking about. I posted this thread not long after the demo came out and i was kind of disappointed the thread was not being seen and getting views until now. I feel like as many people as possible need to know about this so we could notify the MK team. I really appreciated your post Nothingrhymeswithcircus you stated everything perfectly.

It's also nice to know i'm not some crazy person and i knew what i was talking about. And to the people who were posting negative things like i was just some angry noob who couldn't escape a jab or the people who constantly said there was no walking jab infinite and i didn't know what i was talking about, i hope you reconsider after hearing more evidence.

PLEASE READ

Okay. I tested it out with my friend.
I want you all to know that frame testing isn't new to me and I know what I'm talking about.
Johnny Cage's frame advantage jab isn't a problem in the slightest. It's part of his gameplay. His jab is a high with frame advantage and could be ducked or low jabbed out of afterward if he feels like doing it again. If you decide to jab Johnny directly after you block his jab, and he decides to do any other move besides jab, your move will beat out Johnny's slower move. This means that Johnny's jab gives at most +1 or +2 on block. Not a big deal at all. Most Tekken characters have this.

Scorpion's jab has frame advantage AND hits people while they are ducking. This is officially a giant game flaw.

If Scorpion jabs at the right time every time, it's impossible to jab out of, low jab out of, low toe kick out of.... his jab also gives around +1 or +2 on block but it doesn't matter. If it hits both high and low guard it is a SEVERELY unbalanced move. If after you read this you still don't think its a big deal, then you're not understanding the gravity of how gamebreaking it is. All Scorpion will have to do to win is jab.

Jumping backwards does not work. The jab will catch you and will enter you into a juggle.

Backdashing works but its excruciating. You have to do a tiny backdash, then block, then do a tiny backdash, then block. If the Scorpion player plays correctly, he'll eventually force the opponent into the corner(if they don't have a teleport) very very quickly and very very effortlessly. Your choices are to die by chip damage, pointlessly try to interrupt him with one of your moves, or get juggled to death by jabs. Period.

This is possibly the first actual exploit found in the demo. Thank Sleepy McNaperson for bringing it to our attention.

We shouldn't worry though. This is easily fixed. They don't even have to change the frames on block for Scorpion's jab, they just need to make it a high attack so it could be ducked. That is all. They don't even have to change the animation of the jab either because it already LOOKS like a high. Even if it makes it into the final build of the game NRS will take it out in no time. It'd be nice if someone made a video of it with an audio explanation stating why its so game breaking and send it to NRS's youtube channel or one of the developer's twitter accounts.

Let it be known though, that this is an actual issue.

EDIT: Sleepy McNaperson, if you want you could quote this post on the original post of the thread. And +rep to you dude for finding this nonsense.

Incredible post. Very knowledgeable. Very well written. Great work, dude.

And to think I doubted the OP.

You have my sincerest apologies OP :D

UPDATE

I edited the original post with NothingRhymesWithCircus amazing post that clearly explains the problem, be sure to check that out if you havent or are still wondering what we are talking about.

I think I may have found something similar today. . . If you get someone in a corner and slam on triangle with subzero you can keep the person on the ground. I did this like 8 matches with the computer on expert and it couldn't get out. I'll try it later with friends but it seems to work that it times out to overhead hit them as they get up and it times perfectly. The closest I saw to someone get out was purple smoke on Mileena when she tried to activate her kick but it still got her and held her there.

Anybody else see this?

Ahhh... patches!

The god send for devs who want to released half-baked products so as to faciilitate DLC thats 'suppossedly' developed post release. :marchmellow:

Ahhh... patches!

The god send for devs who want to released half-baked products so as to faciilitate DLC thats 'suppossedly' developed post release. :marchmellow:

Umm try a little to make sense next time bro. Patches =/= DLC it's not like we have to pay for patches.

Again wanted to thank everybody who's been taking notice and working to get our voices heard, thanks to NothingRhymesWithCircus, for his informative post, Thanks to DCP for being patient and working with me even when it looked like I was wrong, special thanks to Osu16bit for pointing out to us all it's still in the PAX build. Thanks to everyone else as well who has taken time to spread this information and post here. We want this game to great, hopefully our voice can be heard

0:50 - 1:20

=)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He says that the demo is a really old build and that alot of the frames on hit and on block are totally different in the actual game. Looks like they aren't stupid after all!!!! Hearing that come out of his mouth is super relieving.

For a second I thought they didn't realize what they were doing. Watch the video segment if you want to feel relieved yourself.

EDIT: Just watched the whole video... this guy interviewing sounds like a forum poster and really knows his stuff lol. I really suggest everyone watch this interview. Some really nice information in this.

0:50 - 1:20

=)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He says that the demo is a really old build and that alot of the frames on hit and on block are totally different in the actual game. Looks like they aren't stupid after all!!!! Hearing that come out of his mouth is super relieving.

For a second I thought they didn't realize what they were doing. Watch the video segment if you want to feel relieved yourself.

EDIT: Just watched the whole video... this guy interviewing sounds like a forum poster and really knows his stuff lol. I really suggest everyone watch this interview. Some really nice information in this.

good find man, hopefully this eases some fears (including ours). I think if this game is done right we have alot to look forward to April 19th. Matter of fact...i can't wait that long, i say we break into NRS straight espionage style and get the master copy to MK9. So who wants to go to NRS with me for this top secret mission? :secret:

good find man, hopefully this eases some fears (including ours). I think if this game is done right we have alot to look forward to April 19th. Matter of fact...i can't wait that long, i say we break into NRS straight espionage style and get the master copy to MK9. So who wants to go to NRS with me for this top secret mission? :secret:

I'm in...

But you're on munchies tonight and I swear upon all that is unholy and Satanic if you get Cheetos grime on my controller...