Official Street Fighter Thread

Hopefully Arika will be successful with their Fighting EX Layer, so we get a nice replacement for the Street Fighter series. Though I'm going to miss my fave characters from the SF franchise, I'd rather see Capcom go bankrupt than having them continue being... well, this.

If Street Fighter comes to an end, then so should the whole damn genre.

I'm dead serious about this.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

I like SFV. It aint going anywhere neither is the franchise even if Capcom does go under. At worst someone else would buy the franchise.

Anyway, exciting top8, and all different characters. Even nerfed Nash almost made it. Gief might actually take the whole thing tbh

Last edited:
At worst someone else would buy the franchise.

Or at best... depending on how you look at it.
Capcom hasn't been very good with their franchises, so maybe having someone else take over and do them justice would actually be the better choice. It'd be nice to see some of the old titles be revived by some other companies who could do a lot of awesome things with them.

Question for you bros:

Do you think SFV needs regular chip damage kills? Instead of dying to a chipped out super, Capcom could bring back just dying to a blocked special move again.

No. SFV already favors the offensive as it is. Medium and hard normals inflict recoverable damage, and Season 2 made the recovery noticeably slower. Back dashes are not invincible like other fighting games. V-reversals for some characters are not that reliable or V-Triggers are so powerful, that it's worth saving the V-Gauge. If anything, SFV needs more defensive tools.

Or at best... depending on how you look at it.
Capcom hasn't been very good with their franchises, so maybe having someone else take over and do them justice would actually be the better choice. It'd be nice to see some of the old titles be revived by some other companies who could do a lot of awesome things with them.

Turning over IPs to another company is a crapshoot. Killer Instinct got revived because Microsoft had enough interest. However, other former Rare IPs are still just sitting there.

Last edited:
It's risky indeed, but sometimes something good comes from it. And when Capcom aren't doing anything good with them, I'd rather see someone else give them a go.

I am with incubus here. In this case, it would be better if a new company would breathe life into SF. Fresh minds, new ideas and most likely it wouldn't be a Japanese company. Cause while Japanese know how to makes games, they can't run business to save their life.

Did you guys see that shit? The digusting as tall as shit bastard of a character?

Wtf Capcom

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Damn! I hate everything about Abigail and somehow I'm intrigued. I've never liked giant characters but WOW is he massive! Not a grappler either, he seems like a brawler

Yeah, definitely not a character for me. He looks like one of those inflated gay bara characters (but without the monster dong) who chows down steroids for every meal.

He looks horrible, to the point where when my friend showed me the trailer, I thought it was a joke and someone had modded him in or something. My boy Hugo should have just been added or something rather than this guy.

834a0dc03f78a353ab34b5d8b9a60c05.jpg

I like this one best. Personally I already like him better than Hugo

After my initial digust I will say he has some bumping ass theme music and that his animations are actually pretty stellar. They have some personality despite that ugly ass face he has.

Thank God his story costume allows us to cover that ugly mug up

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

With Geese being revealed in T7, at this point I wouldn't be shocked if Capcom plays follow the leader and starts adding guests for SF5.

I am with incubus here. In this case, it would be better if a new company would breathe life into SF. Fresh minds, new ideas and most likely it wouldn't be a Japanese company. Cause while Japanese know how to makes games, they can't run business to save their life.

It's true that Japanese devs are not the video game powerhouses like they were 20+ years go. However, most Western devs are not really interested in fighting games in the first place. What other Western developers besides NRS, Lab Zero, and Double Helix/Iron Galaxy have made a serious attempt at a fighting game?

After my initial digust I will say he has some bumping ass theme music and that his animations are actually pretty stellar. They have some personality despite that ugly ass face he has.

Thank God his story costume allows us to cover that ugly mug up

And I thought Iron Tager from Blazblue was oddly proportioned. I'm somewhat concerned that Abigail's extreme size will either make him really vulnerable to cross ups or impossible to jump over him. Honestly, I would prefer other characters from the Final Fight series, but his move set seems decent enough.

Unfortunately, most of the music in the character reveal trailers are not in the game.

Last edited: