Official NFL Thread

Should we get a thread going to gauge interest for the upcoming fantasy football season? LC, I'm looking at you as host.

the cowboys first preseason game is my tony against my ryan.

my heart is hurting right now.

Chiefs and Texans to do good this year think. NFC champions likely be Saints, 49ers or Seahawks. Cowboys don't know potential though are they still America's team?

Chiefs and Texans to do good this year think. NFC champions likely be Saints, 49ers or Seahawks. Cowboys don't know potential though are they still America's team?
You think the Texans will do good this year? As a Texans fan I'd love to believe that, but please explain your logic

Well clearly the best team in town is the Rockets... who are the second best in your ranking, the Dynamo? Because I know you don't mean the Astros...

I really DID mean the Astros. At least they weren't throwing games last year like the Texans were.

Tanking for that Clowney guy? I thought they had more integrity than that! The NFL needs a Draft Lottery like the NBA has.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

That is the most idiotic attempt at trolling I've seen from you in a while. If the Texans were doing it on purpose last year I doubt they would have sacked nearly the whole coaching staff and the QB. No, the Texans really did suck that bad, and they're still better than the shitty Astros

That is the most idiotic attempt at trolling I've seen from you in a while. If the Texans were doing it on purpose last year I doubt they would have sacked nearly the whole coaching staff and the QB. No, the Texans really did suck that bad, and they're still better than the shitty Astros

The Astros had no one worth a shit. They were expected to lose.

The Texans shit their pants with players, coaches, and QBs who were in the playoffs the prior 2 seasons. How were the Texans not tanking again?

I know it's only speculation at this point, and may turn out to be leverage for a new stadium, but all I have to say is...

Ho....ly....shit! Mark Davis was in my hometown discussing possible relocation of the Raiders.

And I've already got Silver & Black in my closet due to being a Spurs fan. If this turns out to be true, I'm becoming a Raiders fan in a heartbeat (I'll still root for the Cowboys in the NFC though).

San Antonio? Jesus. I'm not seeing it Trashman. The Alamodome is hardly better than the Coliseum. Most people there aren't going to give up the Cowboys just because they have their own team. Hell, there are still Cowboy fans here in Houston and we were only without a team for a few years. I think it's definitely just a play. The Raiders aren't going anywhere unless it's LA

San Antonio? Jesus. I'm not seeing it Trashman. The Alamodome is hardly better than the Coliseum. Most people there aren't going to give up the Cowboys just because they have their own team. Hell, there are still Cowboy fans here in Houston and we were only without a team for a few years. I think it's definitely just a play. The Raiders aren't going anywhere unless it's LA
This is exactly the 20th season LA has been without an NFL team for a good reason. That's how long of an impasse the city and the league have been without a new stadium. I will agree that the Alamodome as it stands right now is not up to NFL standards, but it's certainly better than LA's situation. All they really have is the LA Memorial Coliseum...which requires so many renovations to bring it up to modern NFL standards that said renovations would cost the stadium its National Historic Landmark status, which is pretty important to that stadium, since it had hosted the Summer Olympics twice. Plus, your Houston Texans franchise would have been playing in LA if LA had actually gotten its shit together with a new stadium in a timely fashion (LA was the other expansion candidate for obvious reasons). LA STILL doesn't have its shit together.

The best scenario I see with the Raiders in the short-term if they bail on their current stadium is sharing a stadium with the 49ers, but if a San Antonio relocation happened, the Alamodome would still be in play. There were relocations in the 90s where teams were using a temporary stadium while a new one was under construction. The Rams used Busch Stadium while the Edward Jones Dome was under construction, the Oilers/Titans were using college stadiums in both Memphis and Vanderbilt while their Nashville stadium was being built, and correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the Ravens used the old Baltimore Colts stadium while their current one was being built. If the San Antonio thing happens, a new stadium would most likely be built, and depending on the timing of the move & new stadium, the Alamodome could be the temporary home in that situation.

The most likely case is that this is leverage for a new stadium, whether it's in Oakland, LA, or somewhere else. LA has been used as a bargaining chip for new stadiums in the last 20 years, and even Cleveland got used as one as well during the 3 years they were without the Browns. While a lot is open to speculation, what is known now is that the Raiders are in the final year of their current lease, while the Oakland Athletics, their co-tenant at the same stadium, just agreed to a new lease, and given the stadium's age and the fact that most teams have moved into new stadiums within the last 20 years, the Raiders most likely want a new stadium.

Last edited:
You think the Texans will do good this year? As a Texans fan I'd love to believe that, but please explain your logic
They were good few years ago what was it 10 wins or more now have clowney. Know bad last year but teams have ups and down just take Red Sox reference worst in league then Champions and possible worst in league again.

Now I will proceed to tag everyone who's posted in this thread recently who haven't asked signed up in order to draw their attention to the TRMK fantasy football league, linked below in my Sig
[MENTION=6521]Tapion[/MENTION] [MENTION=12717]Freyith[/MENTION] [MENTION=4629]Swordslayer[/MENTION]

Now I will proceed to tag everyone who's posted in this thread recently who haven't asked signed up in order to draw their attention to the TRMK fantasy football league, linked below in my Sig
[MENTION=6521]Tapion[/MENTION] [MENTION=12717]Freyith[/MENTION] [MENTION=4629]Swordslayer[/MENTION]

Thanks. I was just thinking about this again today. Good thing I just happened to check my email. All signed up and in the league now.

How many rounds of the draft this year? I need to know so I can use my final pick as a joke (an idea I picked up when JaMarcus Russell was drafted in the last round of our draft 2 years ago). I wanted to use it on Aaron Hernandez last year but forgot about my kicker.

Last edited:
How many rounds of the draft this year? I need to know so I can use my final pick as a joke. I wanted to use it on Aaron Hernandez last year but forgot about my kicker.

I only posted here to solicit interest. I'm no mod or anything, but you should probably post stuff like this in the league thread.