Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN

I like Sonya's projectile. Reminds me a lot the original one.
About stuff missing from the arcade, what about sound fx? I think that the arcade did not had enough vocals. You think that you could add more or are you going to use only the original sound fx?

The audio guys haven't been sticking around for long. Some music and sound effects were updated like that, but we have to wait for someone else to pitch in.

Last edited:
Sonyas projectile is looking great!! And whatsup Bleed and Calactyte. Calactyte messaged me a while back about the project. I'm going to read up on the forums just to catch up though.

nope, sonya. i decided it would be better to do it the way you did the Scorpion model. Take the 3d models into Zbrush and then retopologize the base model later. Especially for the cloth... so I'll be starting on that.

That tends to be the way I go with organics and fabric, but I'm still trying to find a better/faster workflow.

Watching the training vids from Gnomon and CG Academy, for film quality they go with mostly poly modeling. Using Zbrush to help block in the shapes or to add some fine details at the end.

If it's not a simple shape, maybe the way to go is starting with a rough sculpt and retopologize it. Continue with the classic methods from there.

Last edited:
Looks cool. I hope you have the knives modeled separately so the animation can be done when Kano pulls them out of the sheaths.

Sure. That won't be a problem at all. As soon as I know who is working on Kano I'll work with that person to complete the animations.

Looks cool. I hope you have the knives modeled separately so the animation can be done when Kano pulls them out of the sheaths.

Bleed, the animation looks great!
Calactyte, what other effect is left? maybe you can try to make the fire for Scorpion fatality, the flame can be used for also for sonya fatality.

It's not really fast, I'm trying to get at least one animation done every week, when I"m off work. They usually take 2 - 3 hours, and that's because my computer is slow. I can't see the animation playing in the view port, it's too laggy.

There's 24 left I think.

Bleed, the animation looks great!
Calactyte, what other effect is left? maybe you can try to make the fire for Scorpion fatality, the flame can be used for also for sonya fatality.

Ok just working on Shang's fireball and Goro's Projectile. As a side note..wow Goro's projectile is dumb looking.

I always thought Goro's projectile looked very cool, like a meteor hurtling from outer space. Certainly unique among projectiles in the MK kast or fighting games in general (to the best of my knowledge). I think it was too bad that future games get away from this look. Can't wait to see how you recreate it.