Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN

I feel like him just using the other ninjas moves
Well, even in MK2 hidden characters weren't very unique, but in MK1 worse.
Reptile even don't have personal identifier. xD

About options, that's not very important really. Possible to make switcher during round start (when vs screen displayed). Never like how they created Reptile in MK1 (logical that Ed spent only night).

If we start changing other things, adding in extra moves, it will change it entirely
And we talk only about hidden, unplayable Reptile, don't forget this.(

I didn't think what was done in MK9 would have any bearing on this project but this video shows Reptile using his own moves as well as his classic skin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9HsYiUGOYg

Admittedly I have little experience with MK9 though as I'm strictly a personal computer gamer.

I was talking about the Secret Reptile:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=vR3Bsz4x9EM#t=89s

Well, even in MK2 hidden characters weren't very unique, but in MK1 worse.
Reptile even don't have personal identifier. xD

About options, that's not very important really. Possible to make switcher during round start (when vs screen displayed). Never like how they created Reptile in MK1 (logical that Ed spent only night).

Yeah I don't see the point of having an option for MK1/MK2 Reptile. It seems so insignificant, and IMO most fans would expect that he is in his MK1 form. Basically, making MK2 Reptile is just more work for something unnecessary because I'm sure people would be perfectly happy with his original version. We have however changed his lifebar and other text to actually say Reptile, and not Scorpion like in the original.

And when MK9 became accuracy model? They even changed classic storyline.)
I don't like classic Reptile, he has stupid MK9 head even in this costume.

And when MK9 became accuracy model? They even changed classic storyline.)
I don't like classic Reptile, he has stupid MK9 head even in this costume.

I was just using it as an example, that NRS even acknowledged it was important to have the Scorp/Sub moveset, because fans associate Secret Reptile with that moveset. And again, making an MK2 version is just more work that isn't needed.

What's interesting there is he could turn invisible. Can either Scorpion or Sub-zero do that? Also certain moves leave trails of slime although I don't think he needs that in MK1. There was still a little bit of give there with him having that stuff and his reptile eyes. A purist version would have literally nothing reptilian about it.

Last edited:
NRS even acknowledged it was important to have the Scorp/Sub moveset
That's important only for certain people, I believe. We have enough examples from history that hidden characters were done with individual moves later. Like Jade, Noob-Saibot.

What's interesting there is he could turn invisible.
Someone sat down into puddle with this example just now. xD Well noticed, comrade.)

What's interesting there is he could turn invisible. Can either Scorpion or Sub-zero do that? Also certain moves leave trails of slime although I don't think he needs that in MK1. There was still a little bit of give there with him having that stuff and his reptile eyes. A purist version would have literally nothing reptilian about it.

Yeah he does turn invisible. Adding that in wouldn't be a bad compromise actually and wouldn't require much extra work. I don't know, it'd be good to hear opinions from other team members on this. Also I personally don't think any slide effects for either Sub or Reptile belong in this game. Seeing as I'd like him to have his MK2 fatality, I wouldn't say I have a totally purist vision for it.

Someone sat down into puddle with this example just now. xD Well noticed, comrade.)
You know we're just discussing things here...
And it's not like I was 100% wrong, he does have his freeze and his spear move same as in MK1.

Last edited:
Hmm.. is it real or fake ?
big_imggoro.JPG

Source : http://www.3dxtras.com/3dxtras-free-3d-models-details.asp?prodid=8511#

Now laziness is reason, you already forget that it will change gameplay.)

Please don't start twisting my words. I would prefer to keep Reptile MK1 for nostalgic reasons, obviously he is a secret NPC that has no effect on competitive gameplay. I also have nothing to do with character work or sfx work, so laziness has nothing to do with it. It's up to Bleed, Interloko and whoever else if they actually want to take the time to make an MK2 Reptile. Seeing as it's unnecessary IMO, I would prefer the time went towards something else for the project.

If you do find time, I would love to see you get involved. I mean this project is going to take us a long while, so if during that time you can make room for it, a Goro model would be great since you've already touched on it.

Man, you guys are too cool. I would love to help. I absolutely understand if others are iffy about my involvement, since me up and leaving like that in the beginning was pretty unprofessional. I will post what I did of the Goro model, and we can go from there. Thanks.

Please don't start twisting my words. I would prefer to keep Reptile MK1 for nostalgic reasons, obviously he is a secret NPC that has no effect on competitive gameplay. I also have nothing to do with character work or sfx work, so laziness has nothing to do with it. It's up to Bleed, Interloko and whoever else if they actually want to take the time to make an MK2 Reptile. Seeing as it's unnecessary IMO, I would prefer the time went towards something else for the project.

Yeah I think what he said was a little too confrontational. I'm just putting my ideas forward and if they decide they want to go with them fine if not that's fine too especially if they feel it would be too much trouble for little return as reptile isn't fought very often when you come down to it.

Like with Ermac, adding him in would beg the question as to what set of special moves he would have and would be additional work as well. Probably more work than giving Reptile a couple of his own special moves. I was thinking it would be a cool reward for breaking diamond in test your might or something though.

BTW if he had his own special moves I wouldn't call him MK2 Reptile more like MK 1.5 Reptile or something since all his normal moves would still be the same as the other ninjas as well as the slide he shares with Sub-zero in just about any incarnation. ;)

Hey Mortal Gojira, cool, theres still a long way to go so take your time. Can't wait to see how it turns out!

Yeah man, but you guys covered quite a bit of ground already. I'm crazy impressed with all the work being posted here. I'm just going to try and stay consistent haha

Agree, Goro's model in MKA isn't very nice, better to use MK9 version.)

Like with Ermac, adding him in would beg the question
Can only say Ermac isn't need in MK1 remake, I'm sure about that.

I would prefer to keep Reptile MK1 for nostalgic reasons
Well then, you can also play MK1 without graphic/sound changes, for nostalgic. xD

Man, you guys are too cool. I would love to help. I absolutely understand if others are iffy about my involvement, since me up and leaving like that in the beginning was pretty unprofessional. I will post what I did of the Goro model, and we can go from there. Thanks.

Well we all do the best we can with the time we have / time that we want to put towards the project. It isn't a job, there's no deadline, that's why I feel there's no reason to rush. Take the time, do it right, and we will have something we're all completely proud of (and that will probably set the bar for fangames to come).