Combo Thread

Immortal Reaver

Hey can we get a sticky going of all the best combos for people? With this fighting engine I'm having a tough time finding combos. The most I can get is 44% with Mavado, and that's not even half good enough for me.

EDIT:

Mavado: Start in Long Fist - Anger Management special, Back+2, jump, 1, 1, 2, 3, 1, 1, 4

No more gazillion hit combos for you with Shujinko, man? I think this game is much better in terms of fairness towards less experienced players. It can force the player to implement more skillfull shorter combinations, rather than just stringing up opponents in seemingly endless 100% combos that do little more than piss people off. I'd say that was half of the reason that online play in MKD was so frustrating to alot of people. The mismatching of skill levels etc. Hence, alot of the players pulling out of a fight really early.

Am I close?

Ya..the only good thing about one less style is that there are no longer those long ass combos...I never got into MKD enough to learn too deeply about and master one character. But then again MKA just doesnt feel as deep.

I really do miss Sub's dragon style though...they gave it to that fruit cake Jarek.

How does that make sense chief? If I'm good enough to pull of those combos, it's fair. It's not like the other person can't, they just need to learn. Wether I have those long combos or not I'll win if I'm better than the person, so having shorter combos just makes thier inevitable death longer.

Does anyone have some decent combos over 40%?

I'm talking about custom kombos.

I guess no one knows any other than me.

Also, Ermac's kombo is called Buzzsaw, but you were close.

How does that make sense chief? If I'm good enough to pull of those combos, it's fair. It's not like the other person can't, they just need to learn. Wether I have those long combos or not I'll win if I'm better than the person, so having shorter combos just makes thier inevitable death longer.
I didn't ask you if it made sense, which it does. I asked you if you see people throwing a match due to combo whores like yourself, dude. I was referring to MKD, and no doubt, the very same things will happen once again with this game. As an example, in MKSM, people can pull off rediculous combos. Barely any skill is required to hit 100 hits or more. So once again I will say; "implement more skillfull shorter combinations". That indeed makes a match last longer and therefore makes it more enjoyable. It's irrelevant if people know all of the combos or not. I'd rather see a nice 8-10 hit combo that knocks off around 30-40% than some chain that is seemingly endless. In this case more isn't necessarily better. And like other things in life, winning isn't everything. It's how you play the game and how much fun you have. And how uber gay to remove Subby's Dragon fighting style. [another boon exclusive]

My best combo so far is about 6 hits with that reject, Cyrax [your fav character :mrgreen:]

Crappy 28% combo for Taven, I guess it's good when in Konquest.

1, 1, 2, CS... 2, 2, 1, 1

What really sucks about Taven is he has no good pop ups out of his Gold Dragon Style. I have yet to even get off an air combo with him because of this.

And if everyone would post actual combos here, I'll sticky it lickity split :)

Air Kombat 1, 1, 2... 1, 1, 3, 4

This is the highest variation of air kombat, it's pretty much universal and give every character close to 40% when added to the end of a combo.