The NFL topic

Chalk up another win for the Pats.. sigh, I wonder how much longer you nay-sayers will keep up those pitiful predictions that my team is going to lose.

g0d said:
Chalk up another win for the Pats.. sigh, I wonder how much longer you nay-sayers will keep up those pitiful predictions that my team is going to lose.

They will lose. This coming Sunday to the Seahawks.

Patriots just won again? Wait, 20 games? I thought they were going to lose to the Seahawks?

Oh, they didn't?

undertaker3x7 said:
aww what happened, did the patriots lose, cant beat a rookie quarterback can they, too damn bad :))

Wow, good job Colts, what's their record again? 4-3? Two more losses than my team? Shut the fuck up.

Oh, and you thought the Patriots were never going to lose again or something? Dumbass. This is football, and if the Patriots can win 21 games in a row while you claim each week is going to be their next loss, you're STILL a fucking dumbass.

New England Patriots and Boston Red Sox= two best teams in their respective sports. World Champs for each, anyone? 'Nuff said.

g0d said:
Wow, good job Colts, what's their record again? 4-3? Two more losses than my team? Shut the !@#$ up.

Oh, and you thought the Patriots were never going to lose again or something? Dumbass. This is football, and if the Patriots can win 21 games in a row while you claim each week is going to be their next loss, you're STILL a !@#$ dumbass.

New England Patriots and Boston Red Sox= two best teams in their respective sports. World Champs for each, anyone? 'Nuff said.

I just don't think the Pats are going to win the Super Bowl again this year. Their hot streak is over. They aren't bad, but they just haven't won by a large margin over anyone. They barely beat the colts, then their next three games were against the 3 worst teams in the NFL, they barely beat the Jets, and now they lost to Pittsburgh. When it comes playoff time, the Pats are going to have their hands full, and they are going to get overpowered by a better, tougher team.

jgreenwo said:
g0d said:
Wow, good job Colts, what's their record again? 4-3? Two more losses than my team? Shut the !@#$ up.

Oh, and you thought the Patriots were never going to lose again or something? Dumbass. This is football, and if the Patriots can win 21 games in a row while you claim each week is going to be their next loss, you're STILL a !@#$ dumbass.

I just don't think the Pats are going to win the Super Bowl again this year. Their hot streak is over. They aren't bad, but they just haven't won by a large margin over anyone. They barely beat the colts, then their next three games were against the 3 worst teams in the NFL, they barely beat the Jets, and now they lost to Pittsburgh. When it comes playoff time, the Pats are going to have their hands full, and they are going to get overpowered by a better, tougher team.

I have to agree with Greeno on this one. I would bring up a new point, but he covered most of the bases. End communication.

You can only guess at who's going to win the Superbowl this year. No one knows as there just isn't enough to get behind. Every team can pretty much beat one another, minus two (Miami and Carolina). That's the problem i've had with the NFL lately. It really doesn't entertain me to see a team do awesome one week and then terrible the next and then awesome two more weeks and then awful yet again for a few games. I like watching consistent football teams ... and the NFL doesn't have any.

I mean you can say that Philly looks unstoppable/great. Do they? They beat a struggling Raven team by 5 points in a low scoring game and they were not all that impressive a week or two ago when they played someone not that great. I mean next thing you know, they will lose and once they do - who's playing the best in the NFL? I mean say Pittsburg beats them next week. Suddenly Pittsburg is the #1 team in the NFL. This is until they lose the following week.

Just not my style. I like watching consistency - not a bunch of random garbage. Any team that makes the playoffs this season has a shot to win the Superbowl - minus Indy and KC. Those two never will.

El Chupacabra said:
You can only guess at who's going to win the Superbowl this year. No one knows as there just isn't enough to get behind. Every team can pretty much beat one another, minus two (Miami and Carolina). That's the problem i've had with the NFL lately. It really doesn't entertain me to see a team do awesome one week and then terrible the next and then awesome two more weeks and then awful yet again for a few games. I like watching consistent football teams ... and the NFL doesn't have any.

I mean you can say that Philly looks unstoppable/great. Do they? They beat a struggling Raven team by 5 points in a low scoring game and they were not all that impressive a week or two ago when they played someone not that great. I mean next thing you know, they will lose and once they do - who's playing the best in the NFL? I mean say Pittsburg beats them next week. Suddenly Pittsburg is the #1 team in the NFL. This is until they lose the following week.

Just not my style. I like watching consistency - not a bunch of random garbage. Any team that makes the playoffs this season has a shot to win the Superbowl - minus Indy and KC. Those two never will.

I agree w/ some of what you said. I am a Denver fan. They have a top 5 Defense and a top 5 Offense, yet the past 2 weeks I have seen them lose to a horrible Bengals team (in person) and to a Falcons team that has the most overrated player in NFL history (I'm pretty sure you know who I'm referring to). It is frustrating to see "good" teams not show up against teams that they should kill on paper.

However, I think this is what makes the NFL exciting. Any team can win any given week. This is the same thing that makes March Madness so exciting. It wouldn't be much fun if the 5 best teams in the NFL won every single week, every game they are "supposed" to win.

Also, you can add Minnesota along w/ Indy & KC. All of their games are exciting to watch but their D's are so pathetic that they need to score a minimum of 35 points to even have a chance to win.

soundwave said:
I agree w/ some of what you said. I am a Denver fan. They have a top 5 Defense and a top 5 Offense, yet the past 2 weeks I have seen them lose to a horrible Bengals team (in person) and to a Falcons team that has the most overrated player in NFL history (I'm pretty sure you know who I'm referring to). It is frustrating to see "good" teams not show up against teams that they should kill on paper.

However, I think this is what makes the NFL exciting. Any team can win any given week. This is the same thing that makes March Madness so exciting. It wouldn't be much fun if the 5 best teams in the NFL won every single week, every game they are "supposed" to win.

Also, you can add Minnesota along w/ Indy & KC. All of their games are exciting to watch but their D's are so pathetic that they need to score a minimum of 35 points to even have a chance to win.

Mike Vick is the most overrated player in NFL history and with all the hype every media person credits him with - one of the most overrated players in sports history. I'm tired of hearing about that guy. Fact of the matter is he is a decent QB and a pretty good runner. He isn't great at either and thats his problem. Doing two things instead of just one is going to be the reason he never leads a team to the Superbowl. If a team shuts down his run, his passing game isn't great enough. If he isn't passing as much - running as a QB will only get you so far. He will lose to many games, no matter who he has on his team, to ever win a Superbowl. It's just his style. Plus the guy is a flat out idiot who can barely speak english.

As for the NFL: I don't find it exciting at all. I find it rather boring. My interest in this season has completely left the building. Theres no one to cheer against and no one to cheer for because every team wins and every team loses. Even New England will drop a few games this year and as good as they are, they arn't all that impressive. I would never bet large sums of money on any team in this league as the league is too random. I'm a believer of the best team winning and that doesn't look to be the case in the NFL this year as no one is the best and no one is the worst ... except Carolina.
N

Eagles are my team and all, but as lucky as they are they wont be able to get by the Stealers. Someone else made the point that they were just barely winning and I have to agree. They're good, but not the best.

Oddly, that seems strangely off-topic. Are we going on about how football isn't ''consistant'' enough or who will win next week?