The NFL topic

Welcome to the topic all about the NFL. Who's your team? Who will go to the super bowl? Go ahead post all comments here.

My team is originally the 49ers but they are sucking bad right now, so i'm going with my second favorite team this year. The Eagles.

My picks:

Cincinnati at Pittsburgh, 1:00 pm Steelers
Indianapolis at Jacksonville, 1:00 pm Colts
New England at Buffalo, 1:00 pm Pats
N.Y. Giants at Green Bay, 1:00 pm Packers
Oakland at Houston, 1:00 pm Texans
Philadelphia at Chicago, 1:00 pm Eagles!
Washington at Cleveland, 1:00 pm Redskins
Atlanta at Carolina, 4:05 pm Falcons
New Orleans at Arizona, 4:05 pm Saints
Denver at Tampa Bay, 4:15 pm Broncos
N.Y. Jets at Miami, 4:15 pm Jets
Tennessee at San Diego, 4:15 pm Titans
St. Louis at San Francisco, 8:30 pm 49ers (it's about time they get a win)
Monday, Oct. 4
Kansas City at Baltimore 9:00 pm Ravens

I guess that leaves me to be the prick that says this is not an NFL forum. This is MK you halfwits! Just kidding, I like the Vikings, especially now.

Of course most ppl know i like the Colts, but i also like the Vikings, Falcons, and Seahawks, and all 4 are prolly in the top 5 or 6 teams :D

Burning_Eye said:
I guess that leaves me to be the prick that says this is not an NFL forum. This is MK you halfwits! Just kidding, I like the Vikings, especially now.

Um, no this is not an MK forum... this is General Chat...

I've been a Dolphins fan for a long time, but they really suck this year. I'm going to have to say that the top 5 teams this year are:

1)Patriots
2)Colts
3)Seahawks
4)Falcons
5)Vikings

jgreenwo said:
I've been a Dolphins fan for a long time, but they really suck this year. I'm going to have to say that the top 5 teams this year are

I hear ya man I miss Ricky... I dont know what their gonna do, but I was really looking forward to this year with them getting Boston who is out for the season. So yeah to sum it up their out. As for my other teams the Titans and Lions both are doing alright so far. Titans dont look to good loosing to the Chargers though...

jmills said:
jgreenwo said:
I've been a Dolphins fan for a long time, but they really suck this year. I'm going to have to say that the top 5 teams this year are

I hear ya man I miss Ricky... I dont know what their gonna do, but I was really looking forward to this year with them getting Boston who is out for the season. So yeah to sum it up their out. As for my other teams the Titans and Lions both are doing alright so far. Titans dont look to good loosing to the Chargers though...

didnt the titans lose mcnair to injury??

Yes unfortunetly, pretty pissed too cause hes on my fantasy team, but yeah hes injured I think that was the only game he will be missing though. I mean when isnt Mcnair injured ? lol.

jmills said:
Looks like I spoke to soon Jgreen, Ricky is trying to get back into the NFL !

The question is: Did he give up smoking pot? He's not going to be able to play anyway if he keeps failing drug tests.

I can't remember the name of the coach for ricky (not the one he has now) but he said "I wish ricky would stop goofing off and come back to the NFL." so it was a given Ricky would be back lol.

I'm totally not siked about the NFL this season. It sorta of seems like anyone can beat anyone - even the Patriots.

However. I'm still interested and will still follow it closely but baseball takes priority.

I've been calling the Seattle Seahawks for 3 seasons now ever since they got Trent Dilfer. I used to joke with people I knew saying Dilfer was the best quarterback in NFL history, just for fun and to make arguments, and I still do ... so I followed him to Seattle and just started liking the team. Plus I liked the Mariners back when Griffey played and like Ichiro over there in the MLB. Plus I like the city. I originally liked the Seahawks for fun, plus I liked their SEAHAWK and their awesome PEWTER silver/neon green/metallic blue colors ... but now I like them for real as i've followed them the past 2 seasons pretty tight.

So I call Seahawks for Superbowl. They will hand NE their first loss in week 6 as well.

My suprise teams were Washington (haha I have a weak spot for Brunell) and the Steelers. Steelers are decent. Nothing great. Washington -bad call but oh well.

I think the real suprise team is New Jersey. Playing very solid behind Chad Pennington.

Still. New England is the team to beat right now. Philly and Indy look pretty impressive as well. MVP will be between Manning/McNabb. I think Atlanta is a fraud as is Jacksonville ... don't care how they did against Indy the other week.

Guess I will find out if I'm right.

I agree with you about jacksonville, i think theyve just gotten lucky, but the Falcons have proved in the past couple years and now, that they can and will win if Michael Vick is playing, and plus their defense is playing extremely well.

And i too like the Seahawks, although the Colts and Vikings are my favorite teams, but ive especially liked the Seahawks since they drafted Shaun Alexander, and being a die hard Alabama fan, i gotta go for the team that has one of their best backs in history.

El Chupacabra said:
I'm totally not siked about the NFL this season. It sorta of seems like anyone can beat anyone - even the Patriots.

Dude that's precisely what makes it exciting!

I think Atlanta is a fraud

I think they are pretty good, on a good day. They are inconsistent, and that is what will hurt them. If they could play to their potential most of the time, I would think they could win a lot of games.

Ugh.. everyone doubting my Pats, yet AGAIN. And, to whoever said this (GreenWo?) The Seahawks will not give the Pats their first loss, nor will they beat them at all this season. Hell, the Hawks will be lucky to continue their success from last year into this current year. They're a young team and not a single one among them is a "proven" post-season competitor. Hasselbeck, Alexander, Robinson and Jackson anchoring a young offense is not going to get the team very far in the playoffs, and their loss to Green Bay last year was proof of that.

Still, I like them this year, and hope they do well, but choosing them over the undisputed best team in the league (need I mention my Patriots yet again? Yes, I think so) is a bit far-fetched.

Close game from the Seahawks, but then again, 90 percent of the Pats' wins in recent years are "close games". It's just their style to barely win each time, and they always play a good game.

g0d said:
Ugh.. everyone doubting my Pats, yet AGAIN. And, to whoever said this (GreenWo?) The Seahawks will not give the Pats their first loss, nor will they beat them at all this season. Hell, the Hawks will be lucky to continue their success from last year into this current year. They're a young team and not a single one among them is a "proven" post-season competitor. Hasselbeck, Alexander, Robinson and Jackson anchoring a young offense is not going to get the team very far in the playoffs, and their loss to Green Bay last year was proof of that.

You keep speaking of their offense, but theyve had the best defense so far this year, only giving up 13 points in 3 games, which is much much better than what your Pats or ne other defense has done this year. And though they may not have post season experience, Alexander has proven that he is one of the best, at least top 2 or 3 backs, in football, not only by what hes done, but with the fact that hes accomplished so much each year while being injured.

And Id have to say the Seahawks have a very big chance of beating the Pats considering they almost lost to Buffalo, but hey, they never do to well against a team that just about everyone else beats up on.

undertaker3x7 said:
g0d said:

You keep speaking of their offense, but theyve had the best defense so far this year, only giving up 13 points in 3 games, which is much much better than what your Pats or ne other defense has done this year. And though they may not have post season experience, Alexander has proven that he is one of the best, at least top 2 or 3 backs, in football, not only by what hes done, but with the fact that hes accomplished so much each year while being injured.

And Id have to say the Seahawks have a very big chance of beating the Pats considering they almost lost to Buffalo, but hey, they never do to well against a team that just about everyone else beats up on.

K, you lost your rights to tell me who can beat the Patriots ever since you failed with that same theory three times over the last year when my Patriots successfully defeated your colts each time. Your opinion is rendered completely irrelevant.

g0d said:
undertaker3x7 said:
g0d said:

K, you lost your rights to tell me who can beat the Patriots ever since you failed with that same theory three times over the last year when my Patriots successfully defeated your colts each time. Your opinion is rendered completely irrelevant.

It's a whole new year.