Konquest Information - spoliers inside

zeke009

10/15/06 - A FAQ has been posted at IGN for each Relic location
http://faqs.ign.com/articles/738/738696p1.html

- - - - - - - - - -

Botan Jungle
I am not including items that are out in the open.

- Break the tree in the path to receive Kira's knife. 2nd tree

- Not sure if it was the read spider I stepped on or just a timing thing, but Kira's Alt Costume is available in a chest at the very top of the right side of the map.. Just before you make your way down the first of 2 lefts until your first objective at the edge of the bridge.

- Just after leaving the cave, break the two statues in front of you. One has a green ring around it, use your ground pound for a chest of 1000 coins

- as you approach the 3rd spike spitting deal, stay to the left and picture of Cage will appear.

- In your second battle with the black dragon, do the following with black dragons on screen. Otherwise you will miss everything here as the next scene takes you to Kabal.
(I noticed a lot of skulls on the ground, I broke most of them... wonder if the reveal something if broken)
-- go to the left and get Kabals helmet.
-- go directly across from where you got the helmet and a bag of gold and a chest will appear The chest has Kabals alt in it.
-- with black dragons still on screen, go down the door and to the left a little. A hidden chest with 300 koins will appear.

- In the fire hall after entering the temple, there is a lot of gold that appears in front of mouths where they shoot fire.

Sektors Ship

- Search one of the first bodies you come across in the 2nd room for Kung Lao's hat
(missed this my first time through)

- After defeating sektors goons by knocking them in the fan a chest will appear at the broken door directly ahead of you

- After defeating sektors goons by knocking them in the fan, move to the left door or the right if you just got the chest above and you will see Knightwofs axe appear in front of you. (13th item for me)

- After defeating sektors goons with the sword, the door to your left as you walked in will have a chest appear with Baraka's alt

- After defeating sektors goons with the sword, the door directly ahead of you will have a hidden bag of 250 gold

- Defeat the 3 guards just after the sword battle for Sonya's badge

Arctika
Note: break all the snow/ice pieces that hang down in your path, I noticed that later in the level
Note: if you see a camp fire that is not lit, use your fireball move to ignite it

- directly behind you is a bag of gold, step forward a little further and Jax's Alt will appear

- defeat whoever they are Cage's Alt will appear in the center of the 4 pillars (or their remains)

- beat the abominable snowman and get Ashrah's alt

- after fighting sonya, near the left of the doorway out is a little nook. in there is a hidden chest that has Sonya's alt

- after the first clamper deal, Haviks mask is to your left

- after defeating the goons outside the gate after the stampers, Ermacs gem is behind the fire in the corner

- enter the gated area that opens after beating the guys above and in the back left corner is a chest of 300 koins

- beat the guys in the room with your fancy new sword and get Kenshi's alt

- break the snow/ice wall outside and get Jax's Beret

- Finish the Tengu leader and get Kitana's outfit

- After navigating the spining blades, break the snow/ice wall on the right... you can get there by walking the edge next to the spinning blade for an KAF item

- after defeating Rain and passing through the door break the 2nd slow ledge... 100 koins. Nothing to write home about... just a reminder to break those things.

- Same area as above, break the last ice/snow deal on your left for Darrius's Alt, just before the door.

- after blasting the guards with flaming arrows and passing through the door, grab the spy glass for a glimpse of the snow/ice thing the break.
-- first your left has the Arctika Tune
-- 3rd on your left has Rain's mask

- After entering the door, turn to your right immediately and break the snow/ice deal for Kai's Alt

- Same area as above, break the snow/ice deal for Ashrah's doll

- Just inside the door (Lin Kuei battle), turn immediately to the right and head to the corner for kano's mask

Lin Kuei Palace

- Not exactly hidden, but defeat the Lin Kuei and get Jade's alt

- After defeating the Lin Kuei enter the next room and break the 2nd vase for Shang Tsungs stone

- Frosts Mask is behind the alter after defeating her

- Break all the ice enclosures for Frost's Alt

- After defeating Sub Zero, shot a fireball at Taven's mothers statue for Sub Zero's amulet. The arrow of coins is rather helpful in finding this one. ;)

- After defeating the brothers of the shadow, you get Noob's alt

- After entering the long hall way after the brothers of shadow right, break the walls where you see yellow/red markings on the wall. Check your map and you will be at the part of the level where 4 very long hallways branch off of this one.
-- At the end of the first on your left you get KAF "Elder Gods Female Armor: Boots" on your right and on the left you get Onaga's helmet (28/60 for me so far)
-- At the end of the first on your right you get Strykers Alt on your left and a health/magic bonus on your right.
-- At the end of the second on our left you get to pull on a lever (wooho!) and Noobs stars in the vases on your right.
-- At the end of the second on your right you get KAF "Elder Gods Male Armor: Boots" and yeap... a lever to open the door.

- Defeat smoke and get... Smoke's Alt

Charred Mountain

- defeat the Red Dragon goons and get Fujin's alt and a chit chat with the wind god

Red Dragon Caverns

- Take the left in the fork of your path and at the A1 door on the left appears Tanya's Choker and on the right a chest with 300 koins appears.

- During the battle with the Red Dragon, near where the initially pop out of the wall (upper left as you walked in to the arena) a chest will appear with Mavado's Alt.

- Mavado's hooks are on the other side mentioned above, near the small A1 door.

- Daegon's belt is in the 2nd explosive barrel on your right, toss a red dragon in to it.

- Just inside the door of the Hybrid battle is a hidden chest with 300 koins

- defeat the hybrids and get Retpile's Alt

- Kenshi's blindfold is in the door way on your way out of this Hybrid battle.. might not be the easiest to see if you aren't paying attention.

- After exiting the room, near the blue barrel for health, step on the rat for Quan Chi's Alt chest to appear

- defeat quan chi's triplets for Sareena's Alt

- break the blue barrels for health and sareena's sash after leaving the room

Nether Realm Cliffs

- After defeating the zombies, grab the gold and jump down for a chest with Nitara's alt and a soundtrack for Meteor Storm

- defeat drahmin to unlock the Netherrealm arena

- after receiving the netherrealm arena, go backwards for a soundtrack

- use the spyglass to see the whatever flying above the cliff, shot it with a fireball and get drahmin's alt

- after another zombie battle, taven will draw the fire of another fireball to open a cave. Inside is some female KAF armor.

- hit the pressure plates with your fist special, watch the fireballs open a cave (same one seen with the spyglass) and get Li Mei's sandals and another oblesk.

Shinnoks Spire

- on the first level, there is a music tune... as you enter the room it is on your left.

- 2nd level, fighting the Belokk looking guy... there is a chest that appear on the edge of the level with Li Mei's alt (fun little battle that might remind you of Evil Dead Army of Darkness)

- defeat him and get Havik's alt

- bo rai cho's mug is on the edge, it'll appear as you get close

Shao Kahn's Fortress

- Break the skull post ahead on your right for Kahn's helmet

- in the corner of the entry for the room on your right side entering the level, diagonal from the statue is a hidden chest with Goro's Alt.

- Same area as above. hit the pressure plate on the top of the level area, you'll get Tsung's Alt

- after defeating Mileena, hit the pressure plate and Mileena's Alt will appear

- in the battle with the prison guards, quan chi's amulet is just inside the door in the corner, near the track you knock the guys on to.

- hit the pressure plate that also doubles as your Objective marker to open the dungeons for
-- Tanya's Alt
-- Mokaps Sensors (hidden in a corner, last dungeon on your left as you run down the hall towards the pressure plate)
-- KAF Female armor
-- Health/magic upgrade
-- Drahmins mask (hidden in the corner, first dungeon on your right as you run down the hall towards the pressure plate)

- unlock shujinko's cage and get Shujinko's amulet inside

- in another cell is a pressure plate, hit that for Shujinko's alt

- defeat statue kahn and get kahn's alt
-- remember to explore the entire area after the battle for artifacts and other items in the open

Last edited:
To be honest, I was entirely disappointed with konquest. I thought it was rather short, and too simple to offer a vital challenge. In my opinion Deception's konquest mode was a lot deeper, and I enjoyed it immensely. Once again, I just feel as if this effort was too straightforward, you weren't allowed to do any roaming, and exploring outside the main objectives. Konquest is an awesome addition no doubt.. I rather play it, than the actual arcade version. But, all in all, it wasn't exciting. Here's hoping for next time..

Can someone please specify on how to get Reikos chest plate. I understand it's in kahns palace near the execution room (witht the boss)? Do I shoot a fireball at something?

actually he was correct...........both rooms have the unlit torch in a corner. After you beat Reiko you have to shoot the unlit torch in the corner to the exit door's right......Reiko's armor pops out.

the other room being the one you have to fight the guy who swings a cicle or something........the torch in that room opens the gate to a little room with a gold chest containing a piece of elder god KAF armor.