New Members Welcome Thread

Vigilante_FireDragon said:
Maybe I'll be happy if your heart stopped in the process. I am not your f*%$ing dog. So shut up, fool.
Oh my...
For someone who displays such concern over the forum towards members who rehash consistently discussed topics, you sure know how to set an example of an exemplary reaction to a harmless joke. Until you can control your foolish temper in regards to other members on this forum, I advise you cease correcting any member who transgresses any rule on this forum. Leave the corrections to the moderators, and the handful of members who actually know how to behave themselves.

21Mafia said:
That kind of posting doesn't make things look good for new members. Take it elsewhere. If I were a new member and I saw that crap, I wouldn't think good things about this place. Don't ruin it for the rest of us that are mature members. Welcome to the new people and ignore this rubbish.
If I were a completely new member and I saw such posts, I would see nothing more than the expected temper tantrum of one of the bottom feeding members associated with all online forums. Forums are about interacting with new people, having fun, and sharing a mutual interest. If, in that process, there is a member who can't control his temper concerning a harmless joke, he should simply be overlooked until he/she manages to get themselves banned. Any potential member who fails to see such wouldn't be a large loss to the forum, imo. This was not the example of a flame war, simply another bout of expected foolishness from a certain type of member all online communities are doomed to encounter.

And welcome, Shawing, despite the fact that I already welcomed you in your "introductory" thread somewhere else on the board..

Sorry about that! I just don't like taking things that are not my style. I can take advice and hints, but not what ChiefThunder said towards me.

For the newbies, hello and sorry for that commotion.

It's great to have fun but you guys need to remember that not all of the new members will know that. I don't mind when people poke fun at me because I know they are joking around but someone might log on and take it seriously. Meh, the fun doesn't bother me personally but some people get too into it. That's what happened here last time things went all out of wack. People took things seriously and it boiled over into other threads. next thing you know, people were getting pissed off and leaving.

To be honest, if I didn't know any of you, I would really that some of the things people said were real attempts at flaming. Some of it does kind of sound like actual fighting. Anywho, I am hoping the new guys will understand that everyone here can take a joke. ^_^ I just don't want to see this place go to shit again. People need to learn to have some good fun.

XxJadexX said:
People need to learn to have some good fun.

I'll second that, Jade, and VFD, I have nothing personal against you, man. So let's try and bury the hatchet [get it? hatchet? lmao] between us, dude?

Deal? :wink:

Nice greetings! I could've said "Welcome to TRMK, new blood!"

Re-read your above post please? Then re-read my post below?

ChiefThunder said:
WOOF WOOF Sit Booboo, sit.

You got all bent out of shape for nothing, reason being I was not talking about you, even though I quoted you. But rather I was referring to what you said about the other member. When you said 'new blood' that's what I meant by my reply by saying what i did. Nevermind, man. You probabaly still don't understand. But that's ok I guess.

Yeah, you're right!

I know I am :lol:

I wasn't sure if I was actually going to go through with it, but after looking around, I still didn't decide. So, I just joined. There seem to be a few people with some intelligence and skill in the art section..

ChiefThunder said:
Skythe said:
There seem to be a few people with some intelligence and skill in the art section..

+ 1 now.

I look forward to your critique and work in the art section, man.

I retired from doing anything, so(for now) I'll just be criticizing.