What are you listening to?

Here's an obscure band called Eidolon. I believe they released 4 albums or so, but never toured.

The two core members, however, are brothers Shawn and Glen Drover, on drums and guitar respectively, and they went on to join Megadeth in 2004 upon the band's reactivation. In fact, their involvement in Megadeth effectively disbanded Eidolon. Glen recorded 2006's United Abominations with the band and left the band in 2008 (citing a desire to spend more time with family), while Shawn broke Nick Menza's record for longest serving drummer in Megadeth history, recording on United Abominations, Endgame, 13 (which was original bassist and co-founder David Ellefson's first album with Megadeth since the band's 2002-2004 hiatus), and Super Collider before leaving the band with Glen's replacement Chris Broderick the day before Thanksgiving last year. Broderick was replaced by now-former Angra guitarist Kiko Loureiro, while Shawn Drover was replaced by Chris Adler of Lamb of God fame.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Yes, the Tommy Lee that plays guitar and sings on this song is the exact same Tommy Lee who plays drums for Motley Crue and whose ex-wives include the likes of Heather Locklear and Pamela Anderson.

7f1d979689392bf27c0453da12a1c992.jpg

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Everybody, go get THIS album. It's the best album I've heard all year.

cb102adec5d31b14c84afd19b874f50f.jpg

Here's a bonus track from it.

Making appearances on this record are...

Alex Skolnick (Testament) - rhythm lead guitar
David Ellefson (Megadeth) - bass guitar
Mike Portnoy (ex-Dream Theater) - drums
Randy Blythe (Lamb of God) - vocals
Gary Holt (Exodus, Slayer) - lead guitar
Troy Sanders (Mastodon) - vocals
Rex Brown (ex-Pantera) - bass guitar
Phil Anselmo (ex-Pantera) - vocals
Chuck Billy (Testament) - vocals
Phil Demmel (Machine Head) - lead guitar
Andreas Kisser (Sepultura) - lead guitar
Mark Osegueda (Death Angel) - vocals
Cristina Scabbia (Lacuna Coil) - vocals
Matt Heafy (Trivium) - vocals, lead guitar
Dug Pinnick (Kings X) - vocals
Jamey Jasta (Hatebreed) - vocals
Misha Mansoor (Periphery) - lead guitar
Ben Weinman (The Dillinger Escape Plan) - lead guitar
Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal (ex-Guns N Roses) - lead guitar
Charlie Benante (Anthrax) - lead guitar (though his main instrument is drums, which he does not play on this record)
Chris Jericho (Fozzy, more famous for WWE Rasslin') - vocals
Tim "Ripper" Owens (ex-Judas Priest, ex-Iced Earth) - vocals
Alissa White-Gluz (Arch Enemy) -vocals
Steve "Zetro" Souza (Exodus, ex-Testament) - vocals

Additional cameos in the "We Rock" video who did not play on the record include the current lineup of Queensryche, the 4 surviving members of Twisted Sister, and Eddie Trunk (a radio DJ in the NYC metropolitan area for the last 3 decades, a former employee and executive of Megaforce Records, host of VH1 Classic's That Metal Show, and a notable critic of the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame).

Last edited: