What are you listening to?

we are (or I am anyway) talking about the albums after subliminal verses. all hope is gone and the grey chapter. those 2 albums just weren't as good as the first few albums. although dead memories is an ok song.

I'm not into power metal so much, but i really like some songs of Zonata, a band
i just found out about some days ago. Gate of Fear, Symphony of the Night or this one
are some nice songs of them:

Snipped Pantera stuff.

DooM got me into Pantera believe it or not. I've been listening to Mouth for War ever since I was in Elementary School!

This has inspired me to listen to this song again in a while:

Last edited:
^ i like that song, plus the fact i am hearing alot of these songs for the first time is a plus, i mostly only knew their popular songs till recently

My uncle saw Pantera in the club days when they were a Glam band. Terry Glaze was the singer, Rex Brown's stage name was "Rex Rocker", and Dimebag's stage name was still "Diamond Darrell" (a stage name he surprisingly kept through Vulgar Display of Power, and didn't change "Diamond" to "Dimebag" until an interview with Guitar World magazine published during the Vulgar Display touring cycle). Aside from the Diamond Darrell stage name, not a lot of people know those facts about Pantera, which was part of the reason why I posted one of their Glam era songs a few posts ago (with Terry Glaze on vocals).

In fact, Cowboys From Hell isn't even Pantera's first album with Phil Anselmo...it was the album that came before that, Power Metal. Here's the title track to Anselmo's first album with Pantera (and Pantera's 4th album overall).

And good luck trying to find Pantera's 4 albums prior to CFH (Metal Magic, Projects in the Jungle, I Am the Night, and Power Metal). Those are all out of print.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
My uncle saw Pantera in the club days when they were a Glam band. Terry Glaze was the singer, Rex Brown's stage name was "Rex Rocker", and Dimebag's stage name was still "Diamond Darrell" (a stage name he surprisingly kept through Vulgar Display of Power, and didn't change "Diamond" to "Dimebag" until an interview with Guitar World magazine published during the Vulgar Display touring cycle). Asude from the Diamond Darrell stage name, not a lot of people know those facts about Pantera, which was part of the reason why I posted one of their Glam era songs a few posts ago (with Terry Glaze on vocals).

In fact, Cowboys From Hell isn't even Pantera's first album with Phil Anselmo...it was the album that came before that, Power Metal. Here's the title track to Anselmo's first album with Pantera (and Pantera's 4th album overall).

And good luck trying to find Pantera's 4 albums prior to CFH (Metal Magic, Projects in the Jungle, I Am the Night, and Power Metal). Those are all out of print.

you cant even find them digital. they must really not want you to find or hear their music before cowboys from hell.

you cant even find them digital. they must really not want you to find or hear their music before cowboys from hell.
You either have to pay out the ass for a copy on the second hand market, or you have to download them illegally. Even Pantera themselves consider CFH to be their debut album.

Been addicted this song all today. Too much of my life I want to forget, like a bad breakup for example.