What are you listening to?

Also @ SpineRippingFun

I got FLA's Echogenetic. Great album. Was worried at first cause I saw alot of old fans on the internet brush it off as dubstep trash. But I listened and I disagree. Yeah they are going for a more modern sound and that includes the drumbeats, but its not bad. If anything the beats sound more like Combichrist or something. People like to overeact. It actually sounds alot darker than what they've put out recently. You can hear the old school stuff in Leeb's shout's this time around.

Yes. I’m usually fearful of dubstep nonsense too, but I was sure Leeb would make good use of it, especially after AirMech, so I was not surprised at how the wub wubs found their way within an otherwise beautifully weaven plethora of synth goodness. There’s just far too much attention to the soundscapes for Echogenetic to be disregarded in any manner, let alone be compared to Combichrist ;D
Which track did you like the most?

Anyway, I'm late to the party, but this page is missing something...

Last edited:
Yes. I’m usually fearful of dubstep nonsense too, but I was sure Leeb would make good use of it, especially after AirMech, so I was not surprised at how the wub wubs found their way within an otherwise beautifully weaven plethora of synth goodness. There’s just far too much attention to the soundscapes for Echogenetic to be disregarded in any manner, let alone be compared to Combichrist ;D
Which track did you like the most?
the wubwubs are still kinda odd, but the songs have actual structure to them to make up for that, and the soundscapes are great, especially on Ghosts, so its my favorite track. And nice description with the whole " beautifully weaven plethora" business lol, I know exactly what you mean.

Yeah, 2013 has been a great year for music I like. FLA, NIN, SP have all put out pretty good stuff this year.
But I cant help but feel I'm forgetting one band.....................

oh...yeah...

gonna be straight up, Ministy's newest album sucks balls. And I'm not one of those bitter old fans who hate anything past Psalm 69 either. I actually loved the 2000's thrash stuff. Al was even kind enough to do remixes of them for people who prefer a more electronic sound. But this newest release is just dumb, like last years' album. The only good songs on there are (go figure) not even metal, more just wierd and heavy noises. But the fast metal songs are just so bland sounding and the vocals are bad. Ministry should be anything but bland too. Al Jourgensen had such character to him that added alot to the band's style, crazy, witty and slighly an asshole all in one.

but anyway, as for more 2013 releases. Kyuss (whose album I get my username from) finally released a new album after 18 years. And it sounds great. They had to change their name though cause Josh Homme is a dick and legal reasons, but oh well

Last edited:
5fdp_the_wrong_side_of_heaven_vol__1_review_by_seetherfan2-d6fjlng.jpg

oh damn, shame on me. Kunst was great too.
Title track, Ave maria, Quake, Animal Out are all classics.
Dont know why I forgot, as I've spent this whole summer over-listening to KMFDM. The new album got me in the mood. Even did a long appreciation post for SYMBOLS right here on TRMK.

Also I remember there was a time where I didnt like the ADIOS album a few years ago, now its one of my all time favorites. The first 4 tracks are the best. Today is such a great song, I wouldnt go that far and call it sad sounding exactly, but theres a hidden emotion to that song that KMFDM never did again.

this right here, cool stuff
<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_zH9wHWMi_k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Recently someone put up A Perfect Circles unmixed Mer De Noms. They sound pretty awesome. Billy's vocals are more up front in songs. The vocal take from Maynard on Magdalena sound like a whole completely different take though.