PMING MOds and admins

satinsoven

i've wanted to know, what kind of questions can we ask mods and admins? for example, i asked pat mcarron why too users i know where banned, both with no reply. are reasons behind bans classified info?

I never really got PM's back from the admins when I sent them.

I think McCarron is dead or something, I haven't seen him in ages.

You should/can ask the mods anything you want. Doesn't mean they'll answer.

i try to answer all my pm's. As for your friends who were banned, they were banned for a good reason. We dont ban people just because we dont like them, or because a difference of opinion. They must have broken the rules somewhere.

I never really got PM's back from the admins when I sent them.

I think McCarron is dead or something, I haven't seen him in ages.

You should/can ask the mods anything you want. Doesn't mean they'll answer.

Look around, I've been posting quite a bit.

And over the time we've talked to you many of times via PM and even previously via AIM. PM is also not the best way to get in touch with us. If you have a serious question, your best bet is to actually email us at forums@realmmedia.com. That will get to us for sure, and if we don't answer it's because you asked us something that is not worth responding to.

And as far as answering why a user was banned beyond them breaking a rule, well then I really don't have time to have to explain our actions. So we decided our policy was not to talk about it. As 7th said they had a reason, and we give users plenty of slack and when they go and break rules after we give them slack well then they are going to get banned.

Whenever I pm the Admins, namely Pat or Jeff, they have always gotten back to me fairly quickly. Same can be said for the moderators, sorry, I thought this was about admins only [my bad] Even if it does sometimes takes a few days, they do all get back to me, thanks, peeps. Ya gotta remember, satinsoven, that the admins are busy little bees. That last was quote taken from the movie Gladiator. Lol.

Last edited:
You guys can send me PMs, I am always around here.. Even if I don't post everyday, I am always visting the site to see what's up. Just shoot me a PM.

Depends on the subject matter of the pm.

I generally prefer to use AIM or MSN instead of PMs, especially if someone is asking advice. A conversation is much better than letters back and forth for that.

Now if I'm just wanting to shoot a "hello" or inform someone of something, I'll use PMs then.

Chief sends you PM's, ..... I thought i was the only one for him. :thefinger:
Haha, don't get jealous now, 7th. We've had out fair share of private messaging. But remember, I have known DCR at TRMK for more than 4 years. So I guess you could say we've had a longer realtionship. It's ok, I'll pop you a PM every now and then, just to keep you in the picture.

Now you do know I'm joking, right? :mrgreen:

Haha, don't get jealous now, 7th. We've had out fair share of private messaging. But remember, I have known DCR at TRMK for more than 4 years. So I guess you could say we've had a longer realtionship. It's ok, I'll pop you a PM every now and then, just to keep you in the picture.

Now you do know I'm joking, right? :mrgreen:

I dont mind your PM's, as long as you're not telling me off! :_evil:

Look around, I've been posting quite a bit.

And over the time we've talked to you many of times via PM and even previously via AIM. PM is also not the best way to get in touch with us. If you have a serious question, your best bet is to actually email us at forums@realmmedia.com. That will get to us for sure, and if we don't answer it's because you asked us something that is not worth responding to.

Had a feeling that would grab your attention.

Welcome back from the dead, buddy.

I answer every PM I get.

As for asking about bannings, I really don't think that should be discussed because it really isn't anyone's business why another member gets banned and I personally don't think it is fair to talk about what happened to another member without their consent. Some people don't want the reason to be shared. If they are your friends, you probably have their email address so you can ask them yourself. Otherwise, I don't really see why people should know the reasons behind another person's banning. It really wont help you and if you aren't involved in any way, I don't see why you should know.