Black Metal?

Billabong

im curious if anyone has heard black metal before, and if they liked it or not...i really like it...its kinda like an evil, melodic version of metal, with screaming voices most of the time...and they usually have a synthesizer. Im really into it

Billabong, can you share some Black Metal Groups you like... so we can check them out as well? :)

Zao is a good band...and J, you were th laste person id think would like black metal...for some reason... but heres a couple of bands...
~~~~~~~~~~
Satyricon
Dimmu Borgir 10
Cradle of Filth...more gothic than black 8
Dark Funeral 8
Dark Throne 5...only heard 1 song
Nargaroth 9
Gorgoroth 7
Immortal 8
Emperor 8
Xasthurs...i think (??)
Burzum (??)
Mayhem 9

The numbers are my personal rating on how good i think they are...10 best, 1 worst

well....you know I love Black Metal!I dunno if I would consider Zao to be Black Metal though,they're an ok band I guess though(not really into them but I can tollerate listening to them and can actually get into certain parts of their songs).mostly into stuff from Children of Bodom,Venom,Cradle of filth(although it seems like they've lost their edge.not that they suck now or anything but the older albums before damnation and a day were much better),Dimmu Borgir,Behemoth,etc...

Zao is prolly a cross...all my fav bands include...

errr..ill copy and paste my top ten from my blackmetal PB forum ;)

1Nargaroth
2Satyricon
3Mayhem
4Dimmu
5Filth
6Bloodbath
7Bloodthorn
8CoB
9DarkFuneral
10hmmm...slipknot?
10 1/2 Bleeding through

its in no order...

Black metal's not bad. It's not really my style, but I've heard some stuff that sounded pretty decent. I'm more of a thrash guy, though.

Billabong said:
Zao is prolly a cross...all my fav bands include...

errr..ill copy and paste my top ten from my blackmetal PB forum ;)

1Nargaroth
2Satyricon
3Mayhem
4Dimmu
5Filth
6Bloodbath
7Bloodthorn
8CoB
9DarkFuneral
10hmmm...slipknot?
10 1/2 Bleeding through

its in no order...
You've got excellent taste in music.

Thanks Ethix, i think my taste is good too!
~~~~~~~~~~~~
BTW, DC, i listen to thrash too, it kicks ass, like lamb of god...i think i just really like black metal...i like all metal in general...sides some death metal

Billabong said:
BTW, DC, i listen to thrash too, it kicks ass, like lamb of god...i think i just really like black metal...i like all metal in general...sides some death metal

I'm pretty much like that, too. If it's any kind of metal, I'll at least give it a listen, but I dig most of it anyway.

hey, list a few bands you listen to, im curious...im sure ive heard of them before...i like Unearth, theyre pretty good too, bleeding through is badass tho

Billabong said:
hey, list a few bands you listen to, im curious...im sure ive heard of them before...i like Unearth, theyre pretty good too, bleeding through is badass tho

You talkin' to me? If you are, uh... well, may absolute favorite bands are Lacuna Coil, Fear Factory, and Sepultura. I don't have too many favorites anymore, though. Here's some other bands I listen to:

Into Eternity
Shadows Fall
The Haunted
Hatesphere
Cryptopsy
Chimaira
Watch Them Die

I like Unearth too, but honestly I'm not that into their new CD. There's some killer leads on it, but the rest I thought could be better.

I dont' consider Shadows fall, Chimaira, fear factory, or lacuna coil. Black metal really isn't my thing. Stuff like Lamb of God, Mastadon, and Mushuggah (sp?) i can't really stand. It sounds like they are over the toilet. Now i can dig heavy metal: bands like shadows fall, Machine head, lacuna coil (love them!), nothingface, and you get the idea by now. But the black metal i can't stand.

highwaytothelost said:
lacuna coil (love them!)

Right on! Those guys are my absolute favorite band. I got a shirt signed by them at Ozzfest (awesome people) and have seen them live 4 times. I also frequent an LC forum.

To clarify though, I wasn't saying any of those bands were black metal, I was just saying that those are the bands I listen to.

Lacuna Coil is okay,but they're kind of a less tallented rip-off to a degree of Nightwish(great finnish band).then Evenesence is an ubeleivably bad much less tallented ripoff of Lacuna coil.god I hate Evanessence :x .although Lacuna Coil is less tallented than Nightwish(especially Nightwish's earlier stuff)I do like the song Heaven's a lie.

DeathcoreRyknow said:
highwaytothelost said:
lacuna coil (love them!)

Right on! Those guys are my absolute favorite band. I got a shirt signed by them at Ozzfest (awesome people) and have seen them live 4 times. I also frequent an LC forum.

To clarify though, I wasn't saying any of those bands were black metal, I was just saying that those are the bands I listen to.

AHHH! i tried to catch them here in KC, Missouri, but i missed them. They are so awesome.

And right you did, lol my bad.

If you guys are really into black metal you should check out www.imbortir.com
They are a black metal band here in Dayton OH. They're getting pretty big locally. Who knows maybe they will be pretty big on the scene soon. They have a CD out. They also have little clips of their songs on the website. If you like what you hear, e-mail them, see if they can hook you up with a cd for $10.