Official Street Fighter Thread

They could have put random SF players there and it would have been way better. Sigh... goddamn. They can't even do one freaking thing right. A goddamn stream. So I don't want to think what will happen with AE... sigh. No screw it. No more expectations from anyone.

An arcade mode was long overdue, but the selectable themes (I, II, Alpha etc.) is pointless, especially when shoehorning new characters to replace absent characters from older games.

The stream was terrible and there was little revealed that the public doesn't know already. I didn't expect particularly good players but I did expect them to be more focused when it comes highlighting the content they want demonstrate.

An arcade mode was long overdue, but the selectable themes (I, II, Alpha etc.) is pointless, especially when shoehorning new characters to replace absent characters from older games.

The stream was terrible and there was little revealed that the public doesn't know already. I didn't expect particularly good players but I did expect them to be more focused when it comes highlighting the content they want demonstrate.

Amen to that. I am not even gonna expect proper balancing from them at this point.

I mean these guys can't even make proper content to begin with. While Chun Li costumes are nice, there are many other different characters too. Already saw a petition which demands CAPCOM to start caring about other characters too, instead of giving everything to Chun Li. (She has 14 costumes at this point, while second character to her (I think Cammy) has 8.)

Last edited:
It does indeed seem like Capcom has done a lot of really unnecessary stuff.
It's like they went "You want Arcade mode? WE'LL GIVE YOU ALL THE ARCADE MODES!!!"
And it turned out to look kinda messy and, well, as said, unnecessary.

What people wanted, from what I can gather, was just a single-player mode where they would fight through a ladder, then end with a boss and have a cool ending sequence for each character. I personally think SFA3 did it best, having a mid-boss and sub-boss that are related to the character's story which were told through dialogue before and after the fights.

Instead we get... this...

I know right? Here 200+ endings! "Homie... we just want an arcade mode... as much as it is nice to watch this many endings, I also would like to enjoy playing the game, you know?"
It feels a bit like CAPCOM is losing grip on reality.

They put 200+endings in this but no endings in MvCi? How in God's name did they have time to add all of that? They need to get a dedicated person or group of people to actually go out and ask people SPECIFICALLY what they want because they either go too far left or too far right into panic mode. I would hate to think this is why it took 2 years when it could've just been a simple arcade mode with one ending each.

They put 200+endings in this but no endings in MvCi? How in God's name did they have time to add all of that? They need to get a dedicated person or group of people to actually go out and ask people SPECIFICALLY what they want because they either go too far left or too far right into panic mode. I would hate to think this is why it took 2 years when it could've just been a simple arcade mode with one ending each.

After Abigail's "story" mode, I get the general idea of what to expect from those endings, when it comes to quality.

Ugh, please don't remind me. I haven't even bought him, and probably never will.

At least Rufus had some funny moments, with his ranting win quotes and his endings... Abigail however is just a trainwreck of a character. And I'm not talking gameplay, because it does seem like a good amount of people enjoy playing as him. But character aesthetics and representation is important to me, and he completely missed the mark on those for me.

Last edited:
What people wanted, from what I can gather, was just a single-player mode where they would fight through a ladder, then end with a boss and have a cool ending sequence for each character.

Dude, that IS what you're getting. I dont know how you guys can even complain on a full stomach. You're getting the SFV arcade mode ladder with all the characters right now in the mix, bonus stages, boss fight and different endings for each character. And as a bonus, they decided to give us ladders from other SF's, where you can unlock endings for each character, and I'm sure as the game updates more characters will fit each ladder. You also get points and probably freebies depending on how well you do, which is basically turning an offline mode into something with replay value and a competitive edge for people who dont wanna go online.
Yes the stream sucked and was unecessary, but they did say it was just a demo version and it was obvious they couldn't show it properly. Those CapcomUnity bloggers they decided to bring along were a mistake and did a terrible job, but jeesh. This forum has way too much negativity...

Last edited:
No, what we're getting is a lot of superfluous stuff that no one asked for.
Not sure why it's so hard to just make one Arcade Mode with character endings.
There was no need for all that extra crap. No one asked for that.

The season 3 characters have been revealed. Sakura, Sagat, Blanka, Cody and two new characters named Falke and G. Sakura will be the first one released.

Fvcking Blanka.

Other than that, I really wanna play G, and Cody

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Cody! ♥♥♥
DAYUM he looks fine!

Seriously though… I am so happy to see Cody in SFV!
His inclusion was truly a surprise to me. I had no hope of him returning, though he is kinda a popular character, from what I understand. I just always see people complain about there being so many blonde characters in SFV, and Ed already has that brawler style, though mixed with some Psycho Powers… I really didn’t think Cody stood a change of joining the roster. But here we are! And I’m so happy to see him. :D

His new looks is a huge surprise to me as well. I’m glad he’s moved on from the prisoner-schtick, because honestly, it was getting kinda old… New bad guy, break out of prison, defeat bad guy, go back to prison… However, his prison costume will most likely be DLC, either as Story or Retro. I do hope he gets a costume like his first SSF4 alt, the white shirt and jeans with all the tattoos… it was a great tribute to his Final Fight look, but being altered a bit to look more interesting. Definitely my favourite look for him so far.

He looks so dapper now in his vest and slick hair. I’m gonna miss the messy hairstyle though, but again, he will most likely have an alt with that.

I think I could go on fanboying over Cody, but I’ll spare you for now.

Can't wait to see more with him. :3

Last edited:
I'll admit that SFV has lots of issues, but complaint "too many blondes" is just plain petty. Most of the characters in SFV who happen to be blonde are also characters that fans have been wanting. I wanted Lucia from Final Fight since SF4 (Viper even uses one of her signature moves), but I'm not getting my hopes up yet.

There was a leaker that hinted at Cody, but it's definitely not in the way I expected. I wonder if his fighting style is going to change to reflect his now clean-cut look or if he's going to continue being a "dirty" fighter who will pick up knives and stones to gain the upper hand.

I'll admit that SFV has lots of issues, but complaint "too many blondes" is just plain petty. Most of the characters in SFV who happen to be blonde are also characters that fans have been wanting.

I couldn't agree more. Every time I see that complaint I just can't help but shake my head. Why is a certain number of characters having the same hair color such a big deal to some people?

I'll admit that SFV has lots of issues, but complaint "too many blondes" is just plain petty. Most of the characters in SFV who happen to be blonde are also characters that fans have been wanting. I wanted Lucia from Final Fight since SF4 (Viper even uses one of her signature moves), but I'm not getting my hopes up yet.

There was a leaker that hinted at Cody, but it's definitely not in the way I expected. I wonder if his fighting style is going to change to reflect his now clean-cut look or if he's going to continue being a "dirty" fighter who will pick up knives and stones to gain the upper hand.

Yeah, like Mika and Karin were both heavily requested, and now we got them... they just happen to also be blonde!
It's an odd thing to be disgruntled about, but people in the FGC have a tendency to be very nitpicky.

As for Cody, I don't think he will have the knife to pick up in the middle of his stage, however, he might pull it forth in one of his V-Triggers. I hope his fighting style won't be changed a whole lot, but rather have stuff added to it instead.

With each season, I keep hoping to see Makoto & Fei Long. They got Juri and now Sagat. Provided DLC characters can still be unlocked in-game, I really need them to pull out Makoto & Fei Long with the next batch.

Makoto I could see, Fei Long I doubt it. If they're getting another SF2 char back its Honda to complete the original 8, even if he's very unpopular. I think we will get some SF3 representation in S4, like Oro, and probably Viper since she's also highly requested and SF4 needs another char representing it