Official Street Fighter Thread

Guess old school Street Fighter (Super Turbo) is alive and well. There were 18,000+ viewers on Twitch to watch the DeeJay VS Guile FT10 match...

Aren't old school Mortal Kombat games (MKII and UMK3) more popular/hype as well?

Brady and Reo were good as well.

There was a Kabal player back in the UMK3 days who played on keyboard. I forget his name. Anyone know?

EDIT

Beast mode

Last edited:
Welp, I am done with SFV. Extra Battle FM sucking machine was my last straw.

From occasional lag switching (pretty sad to be able to tell the difference between that and crappy net code, just from witnessing sheer amount of it), endless supply of costumes (for pretty much one character), but barely any game management, having to wait 2 years to finally get a full game for which you paid a full price, occasional rage quitters who only get punished by having a sticker stuck on them, highest in put lag in fighting games, cyclical imbalance, and rubberbanding, I am just... done. First Mortal Kombat takes a steaming pile of shit, now Street Fighter.

Does anyone know any better fighting games? To be honest I am so desperate for a skill based fighting game without bullshit, that I could play "Loli Smash X: Ultra Edition" as long as I can play the game.

Welp, I am done with SFV. Extra Battle FM sucking machine was my last straw.

From occasional lag switching (pretty sad to be able to tell the difference between that and crappy net code, just from witnessing sheer amount of it), endless supply of costumes (for pretty much one character), but barely any game management, having to wait 2 years to finally get a full game for which you paid a full price, occasional rage quitters who only get punished by having a sticker stuck on them, highest in put lag in fighting games, cyclical imbalance, and rubberbanding, I am just... done. First Mortal Kombat takes a steaming pile of shit, now Street Fighter.

Does anyone know any better fighting games? To be honest I am so desperate for a skill based fighting game without bullshit, that I could play "Loli Smash X: Ultra Edition" as long as I can play the game.
My boy, try King of Fighters 14, on sale PSN with PS plus till March 27 or Guilty Gear Xrd Rev 2. I was done with SFV when dbfz came out and personally I'm making the transition back to SFIV

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

To be fair, acquiring Extra battle costumes are much cheaper than the Story costumes (which cost almost as much as a character), provided you have adequate skill or know how to cheese the AI. The problem is the means to acquire FM have taken a turn for the worst. All of the one-time payouts except for level gains are gone, and the weekly missions are worth half of what they used to.

That's exactly my problem. Well not JUST THIS. But you get the point. Stuff added up and at this point. What's the point? Like on purpose two days ago, had the shittiest experience.

Got the guy fighting as Abigail (Arukrat, I hate that character in every possible sense). Won the first match. Then on second match, he stood still for few seconds and then suddenly boom, lags began. Abigail is already difficult character to fight with Juri, but with lagswitching? Yah, good luck. After that got some Ken player. Beat him once and then almost beat him the second time, but he disconnected on the last second. And this isn't new. Since I started challenging silver players (after grinding my way through bronze players towards silver league), I started getting more and more of players like that. CAPCOM obviously doesn't care, as they are concentrating on Chun Li costumes.

Now to be honest I don't really give a shit, about the costumes as much as companies priorities. Because CAPCOM is having issues with their priorities and game is just suffering.

Now you're being overcharged by everything, while their take away your ability to earn money. At this rate FM is just a sick joke.

Instead of working on game problems, they just keep punishing players with every new update.

Bleargh... it feels like most of the stuff I like nowadays has skill changed to luck, nobody balances anything, and either way demand you to pay or screw up with their own in game currency. Damn I miss the games, where you would get your butt beat until you finally get good enough and overcome the barrier. Now that felt like achievement. Now you just get people cheesing stuff as devs allow them to.

So... I shouldn't get SF5? Was thinking about it when I get my Razer
main.png

I still haven't played any version of SF5 yet...