Official Street Fighter Thread

(Trying to imitate Seinfeld) Why is everything Official now? Everywhere you look it's Official this or Official that. Not that I don't like Street Fighter, believe me I do. But there's nothing really going on in the Street Fighter world, and since not many people are talking about it anyways, there's no need to make an "official" thread.

Ontopic, Vega rules.

The movie gives me horrible memories. I was so excited when I heard they were making a Street Fighter movie....and then I was crying at how much it sucked. The least they could have done was make Chun Li cool. Even the Mario Bros movie was better and that movie was pretty bad. :/

You could say that.

http://forums.realmmedia.com/showthread.php?t=8671

HDD installed, and can swap between games easily. Though I never really play much of the older games, just Alpha 3 (bonus version with the home characters). The compilation saved me a lot of money, that's for sure; I always kept an eye out for the extremely expensive Saturn version of Zero 3.

I have the first US Anniversary collection as well. I still prefer Alpha 3 over SFIII though.

I always found Vega kinda hard because he was so damn quick. My husband got to play it at the arcade back when the SF series first came out and he used to play it to death. I only got to play the home versions :(

I've been a Street Fighter fan for ages-- probably as long as I've been an MK fan, although I didn't get as into as I did MK. I still have SF2: Special Champion Edition for the Genesis, SF Alpha 2 for Saturn, SF Alpha 3 for Dreamcast and I recently got the SF Anniversary Collection for Xbox. I also have all the old SF games and most of the VS. games on MAME. My favorite's gotta be Alpha 3, though, and my favorite character is definitely Akuma (I guess I'm always drawn to the demonic badass of a game).

As for the Street Fighter movie, it's great if you want to invite some of your friends over and do your own "Mystery Science Theater 3000" thing. Oh well, I thought it was pretty cool when I was nine or ten. The animated movie wasn't bad, though, even though I ****ing hate animes.

for some reason i keep remembering me paying 75 bucks for street fighter 2 for SNES...am i dreaming...or was it really out at that price?

The 7th Number said:
for some reason i keep remembering me paying 75 bucks for street fighter 2 for SNES...am i dreaming...or was it really out at that price?

That doesn't sound too far off. Those cartridge games were ****ing expensive. I know I paid $70 for Genesis games-- in fact I think I got UMK3 for that much when it came out, and that was when the 16-bit systems were on the verge of death.

i have street fighter alpha 3 for PSone. Not a big fan of it really, lot of gay new characters im not used to. Plus its really fast.

The Streetfighter movie was terrible. Even Kylie Minogue didn't have her correct Cammy costume. During the filming of the movie, Zangief got done for drugs and bison died. Yeah, some happy memories from back then :-/

I remember playing a street fighter game back in the days of the old sega megadrive lmao...if i remember correctly, the graphics were horrific, but the game wasnt too bad

Yeah, I am a Streetfighter fan from way back. I got into this game about the same time that Mortal Kombat 1 hit the arcades. I played SF all the time on my SNES, then gradually, MK took preference and I was hooked for life. Well, not for life, but until MKDA came out and I vomited blood!

ChiefThunder said:
Well, not for life, but until MKDA came out and I vomited blood!
Since i know nothing about mortal kombat, would someone be kind enough to explain to me what was so bad about that game, coz im clueless:hmmmm:

juergen said:
This is where you can post all your SF related topics. Such as movies, cartoons, games, etc.

Juergen, Street Fighter is the least popular fighting game in the history of fighting games.

Street Fighter sucks.

I wasted 800 M$ points to download that piece of shit.

Game over SF...

It's a 14 year old game, with the key premise of online gaming at $10. I'm just surprised that this is your first time playing a version of SFII before buying it.

Juergen, Street Fighter is the least popular fighting game in the history of fighting games.

If you meant "one of the most" by "least" then you're dead on. SFII pretty much gave birth to the fighter genre as it's known today, and others followed suit.

But if you're being sarcastic, a <sarcasm> sign would be helpful :p

Let's keep it clean guys, and post in a topic that you actually have interest in.

Umon Daisuke said:
It's a 14 year old game, with the key premise of online gaming at $10. I'm just surprised that this is your first time playing a version of SFII before buying it.

It's not my first time playing a SF game, it was supposed to be a SNES port of the game. It ended up to be a shitty revised version, or something like that.

It's actually the arcade version, so it is different in a good way from the downgraded SNES version. Give it time, and you'll get adjusted to the normal speed and gameplay of the original version.