Official Street Fighter Thread

Just got back from gamestop a few ago. Bought myself SFIV Collectors Edition and SFV. God I definitely see myself playing SFV for a very long time.
Bought Ibuki but now I think I want to try out Juri.

Since he got the Collector's Edition, it's probably for the bonus material or simply collection purposes. Vanilla SF4 has a gallery, I don't recall it being in the later versions of the game. But as far as the core game is concerned, USFIV is the way to go, and the retail version includes costumes from the previous versions as well.

Meh. I'm not too excited. Everyone was pretty much expecting him to be added eventually. It's not like this is the return of a character we haven't seen in a long time. Hell ever since Akuma made his debut, there's only been like maybe three Street Fighter or any of the Capcom vs games that he wasn't in.

New stage

07_rashidstage01.jpg

07_rashidstage02.jpg

07_rashidstage03.jpg

I expected Akuma to make in SFV, just not that soon. I was a fan of Akuma during the Alpha years, but my interest in shotos waned over time. If Capcom is going to bring him back, he might as well retain the Raging Demon, arguably the most iconic super in the series.

I have mixed feelings about the new stage. The dynamic scenery looks nice, but the lack of wind affecting character clothing/hair and the fact the fighters are still standing when the plane appears to be tilting is a little unsettling.

Last edited:
I doubt Akuma was even planned to be added this early. Especially since he's gonna be in Tekken 7. It all seems like a last minute effort to try to bring people into SF5 because nothing else worked which could be smart from a business POV. And as much as I hate to admit it, this makes characters like Sagat and Sakura more likely to added pretty soon because they're fan favorites as well and people love the shotos.

Last edited:
can't believe I have only played SFV once during the last 5 weeks, way too many good games this year
- M3 ( kinda meh ), titanfall 2 Tomb R., WD2, D2 and next month the new FF and the Last Guardian, also Overwatch and HS dem Blizzard

come on capcom bring on Akuma, Sagat, Fei and

Blanka

Akuma's moveset is pretty much what was expected. His V-skill looks like what Ryu should have been. His hair and beard could have been better, especially given the fact that clipping issues still hasn't been fixed.

I'm assuming that new characters implies characters includes those not previously playable in the SF series, not just characters that never existed before like Fang. Some wild guesses from left to right.
1) Kolin
3) one of those Shadowloo Grunts? I hope not, but it looks like he's wearing a helmet
4) Lucia from Final Fight 3...eh it's wishful thinking on my part. It's kind of surprising a art/profile was made for her (and Dean) on CFN, since it seemed like Capcom wanted to forget about FF3.

I don't have the clue for 2nd and 5th.