Official Street Fighter Thread

It's good that RQers are getting punished, but what about the player who didn't disconnect? The LP and FM are the game's incentives to win after all.

Vs. CPU was a feature that should been there from the start. While it is unlikely going to see much use in the long run, it is a standard feature of fighting games and it's omission was one of the reasons for disappointing sales.

I hope the Daily Targets will yield a decent amount of FM. Getting 50 FM for a win sucks when you need thousands of FM for even the cheapest shop items. The Double FM is still peanuts because of the shop prices. Personally, my busiest days at work fall on the weekend, so I really wouldn't be able to take full advantage of the Double FM event anyways.

Overall, I'm happy about hearing stuff to improve the game rather than pushing DLC.

It's old news, but some dataminers found stage interactions meant for other stages besides the Bustling Side Street. I can only imagine how the game would be if the game was released later with all the intended features. Personally, I really hope Capcom will eventually address the clipping issues across the board.
The victims should be given 100k in Fight Money and 1000 LP.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

The victims should be given 100k in Fight Money and 1000 LP.

Here I agree with you. Well I would prefer not to get LP points. I want to earn that stuff, Even if I was cheated out of it, still it sounds like an easy way. But 100k fight money? Damn right

Ok what the hell... So I finally got Juri on my hands and obviously set her as my main char for ranked. So I was beating a$$, ranking up and I got this Stockhausen with Cammy. I beat him twice with flawless connection. Then I play couple more matches, and I get this Stockhausen dude again. Now one interesting thing... For some reason I got to play as Ken (he is not even close to being my favorite) instead of Juri, and match with this Stockhausen became into an insane lagfest. At first I thought it was my net connection (which is far from slow), but I noticed one thing. I only got lag spikes once Stockhausen did his attacks. He would just teleport and fight me no problem, while I barely could understand what is going on.

Is that a glitch or.. sigh... (don't wanna use that word) Hack?

Before someone jumps in with those mighty words "learn how to lose"
I lose quite a bit, and normally I don't care, may it be by an inch or by half meter. I enjoy a good fight, but this was fishy as hell. I had bad connection matches before, and while similar, this one was unique. Not to mention the fact that I somehow got a different character from my set one.

There are times when were I suspected I was playing against someone lagswitching, especially when the lag is so bad, I can't pull off special moves, but my opponent can. Most of the time, I try to give them a benefit of the doubt, as my internet connection is not spectacular and Capcom's servers leave something to be desired. I had matches, win or lose, where results of the match wouldn't register.

Playing as a random character (not queued in favorites), is something I never encountered.

Yeah, I am bending on lagswitcher idea. Even so sadly these things are hard to prove. The only point I can make is that we had flawless connection in the last two matches. So third match going crazy, was very strange.

Even so I am still confused how I randomly got Ken instead of my Juri. That was the first time for me.

EDIT: Also checked my replay. He is playing like there is no lag. I do a lot of blind jumping, and kicking, but he pretty much just positions himself in places to hit me. Sigh... I don't know. Might be overthinking things.

If you got stuck with a non-favorited character, then that's a tell-tale sign that someone used a cheating mod.

The Daily Challenges is what I'm looking forward to the most. We need a better, consistent source of FM than 50 per match win.

I'm glad the premium costumes will have all colors available from the start.

Yep. Daily challenges were one of the most needed elements in this game. Especially if it has in-game currency system.

Holy damn what a meaty update indeed :D. Might actually buy the season pass time around

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N930A using Tapatalk

I didn't see this one coming at all....

x17_dlcsf5outfits01.jpg.pagespeed.ic.yD-kRIXo0d.jpg

The mystery costume for the CPT DLC is...

Spoiler:
x17_dlcsf5outfits04.jpg.pagespeed.ic.CWQq0jkY6W.jpg

Last edited:
This makes me question whether or not the EX characters are actually owned by Arika. Personally, I wouldn't mind having some of the EX characters in SFV.

They translated Rook's name to Luke in English. Which I think is just stupid. Rook is a cool unique name that also works in English. Luke is just too common... Either way, I hope he will turn up playable some day.

As for EX characters, I hope for Blair Dame. ^^
Just because they are drawing the EX characters though doesn't mean they belong to Capcom. They are character who were in a Street Fighter game, but they are still owned by Arika. However, Arika have openly stated that Capcom was welcome to make use of them in SFV... this was before SFV was released.

ex03.jpg

HOLY MOTHER GOOSE!!!
They made Blair buff!

Blair Dame looks like a real powerhouse which I have varying opinions of. While I think it is cool and awesome, at the same time, it’s a bit too much, imo. She was the feminine, curvy woman in SFEX. Now she looks more muscular than R. Mika who is an actual wrestler.

Maybe turn it down 10%.