Sprite Edits: Liu Kang, Sub-Zero

Kona

Over the course of last week up to yesturday I have been making art, and yesturday I finshed my new sprite edits. Liu Kang to Shin Quan, a ninja who lives in the arctic. Easy edit, added Sub-Zero's vest, and added Kano's Eye Piece, that's all really.

ShinQuan.jpg

ShinQuanpinkbg.jpg

This next one is an add-on to Sub-Zero. I took MK3's Sub-Zero and made it sort of like my own version of MKD alt costume. I added hair, Iced arms (need tips for that), changed pants, and added an ice dagger. I also added a bandana like he has on his alt costume to keep the look. This is the best I have done on a sprite, considering I only edited about 5 and they all were bad.

Sub-ZeroEdit.jpg

On background with shadow:
Sub-ZeroEditnoglow.jpg

Icey Glow:
Sub-ZeroEdit2.jpg

Constructive critism please, just need tips and would like to hear your responses.

I like them both but I am leaning much more towards the Subzero Sprite edit as my favourite of the two, dude. And I think the frost arms look ok. Dagger diesn't seem to suit him although it's been nicely executed.

I also like how you've tinted the background Blue to match the theme.

Yes, Shin Quan is definitely the lesser of the two. I don't know, it's a good idea, and I like the colors, but it's just not appealing to the eye.

The Sub-Zero one is way better, except for three things that I see: The arms should have more texture to them, because they look more like water than ice at the moment, try adding some white into them, and possibly spiking them from where they begin (the elbow) to show that they aren't painted on.
Also, your second problem, you used Jax's pants, and it shows. you can see the purple on the pants, and then the shoes are a bit big for Sub-Zero.
The mask, that's another problem, you put an outline on the mask, which isn't necessary when you're working on MK sprites.

Here's a little something to make the sprite juicier, try whitening the hair, and possibly the eyes as well.

6/10 for Shin Quan

8/10 for Sub-Zero.