hope you like this sprite

Much as I would like to say you were, Stain (;) )
I can't help but remember that my old buddy Kore (who at the moment is hiding under a rock in Siberia) made a Reiko sprite and the head looked almost -exactly- to that one.
More than that, however, the legs look quite stubby, as do his arms. More than that, his legs looks like it is flat or was broken.

His vest also looks off, not like a vest at all. As a matter of fact, I can actually see his body on the very far right side of him.

I would say more, but there really isn't much more to say
5/10

Sapphire said:
His vest also looks off, not like a vest at all. As a matter of fact, I can actually see his body on the very far right side of him.
*gasp*NO!!!!how COULD i?! ohs well. and to end this finally, i made the head myself. people all have a simliar method of making sprites, particulary reiko. but just in case, show me kore's sprite.

Here you go

reiko8ge.png

Lol, you made me look for my Reiko Sprite I did 3 YEARS AGO!!!
And I found it, Still look good even if old doesn't it?

Reikorumor-1.jpg

Last edited:
The head is fine, it's kind of simple and looks too much like Cage, but it's otherwise okay.
The big problem is, the rest of the body. It looks really stubby and, honestly, it just seems to bore me. I don't really know what lighting effect you're talking about, as it seems to be the same as it always looked on the regular sprites.

The vest also needs more color to it, not to mention that you left out a big chunk of it on the right side.

yeah i was considering that. do you think i should put little spikes upside the vest or pads on his shoulders? and what chunk are you talking about in his vest :?

Yep, and MaxDam's albeit bland (yet still one of my favorite 2D Reiko renditions) sprite forced me into seeking out my version. Let the drool stream freely from your cracked and acne-ridden lips.

2D_ReikoFINAL.png

Yep...

I'm not really feeling it for this one. The sprites don't have the feeling, if you get. Specifically, the transparent shadows are a bit, you know, not good, and they should be a little tilted to the right because of the lighting on Reiko.
Speaking of Reiko, his name should be capitilized, which it isn't.

Once again, the sprites do not feel like MK sprites, they look like something...K1LLKANO would make :D. I also want to know why Reiko is holding that shuriken like Homer holds Bart (in otherwords choking).

By the way, Stain, if you're up to it, I want you to try and make Armageddon Reiko, instead of the over-used MK4 Reiko.

sure thing. btw, veno, thatlooks as though it was cut out from a screenshot.
im busy updating reiko with an mka fel, with spikes and stuff, but he needs something big so it doesn't look as though i just added stuff on.

Sapphire said:
Much as I would like to say you were, Stain (;) )
no need to wink, i like the name! might even consider changing my username, hehe!
(and speaking about changed usernames, didn't vigliante fire dragon use to be "reptile's servant?")

eh i didn't get the outcome i intended.
and saph, i might not do the mka sprite because it'll probablybe just johhny cage with shao kahn armor on...blah!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Still really stubby, my friend, but definitely better than your first one.
I don't know what to say because it's obvious that you cut and pasted Shao Khan's armor onto Reiko, but seeing as that pretty much -is- Reiko's costume, I can't deduct from it.
Still, using Johnny Cage for every unmasked character is getting a little tired, so I'm going to have to take away from that

7/10, Stain.

haha true saphire but i only pasted the kneepads on. i think i meant to edit them, but forgot.
ps.-im really interested in what you mean by stubby.

pss.-normally, in the old threads, this would be the que for prophet to come in and say how you've been saying it forthe entire thread. hehe just a knock-off of the old days.:lol:

Old days? You joined in April. And by stubby I mean his legs look too short.
I don't know, maybe it's me, but they just seem a little too short.

It may not be that they are too short, but you have to remember that Reiko is a taller character, and that in MK2, most sprites were about the same height, excluding Shao Kahn and Kintaro. So, it may just be that I'm still seeing that he should be taller than you currently have him

i was talking about MY old days, when more members were active, and my threads got way more bad reviews. and bad reviews cause drama. and dramatic threads make it seem as though everyone's shouting. i love that!

onto the sprite, i think i can make some proprtions of him better, i used stryker's pant's for him because he looked too flat in the first version. i thought you meant he was fat. i wanna use this:

as the final version, but i don't like the spikes, they make him seem too over-something-ed. if you guys like it, then i'll just make him bigger, and the rest will lie.