The Two Towers -fake-

UltimateRyu

thetwotowersgc1.png

Umm, well, this may look excellent to some, Ryu, but to me, the best part really is the fire.
Seriously, taking a screenshot from the actual game and then posting the "sprite" I guess you could say in an MK3-ish format just looks really bad, as you can plainly see that there are no shadows. As a matter of fact, absolutely nothing casts a shadow, and the fire really should.

The tower things look flat, and so it looks like they could fall of at any minute.

The fire at the bottom of Kenshi also looks flat, and it looks like a little explosion rather than the fire just melting it's way up.

Also, judging from how far Kobra is from his leg, the leg really should have fallen by now, and even then it shouldn't have been standing up because of the position he's in. Once again, however, it doesn't look like he's leaping, more like he's moonwalking in the air.

Overall, 6/10.

i thought it would be one of those drawing or something that look realistic and have people falling and toppling towers and blood and fire scattered everywhere like confeti, and wold be "controversial" and get locked because too many people had old wounds opened...but im impressed by this pic. you kept the MK feel in it with out the9/11 feel. hey, i just realized the "11" are two towers side by side!

Wow... that really is going around your a__ to get to your elbow in thinking there, Satin... lol

I pretty much feel Sapphire is dead on with his critique. I expect more from you, Ryu. Your animation work is really good, but this is a let down.

Anyone with the slightest bit of sig making (rendering skills) ability would be able to reproduce this. Unless of course you actually edited those sprites and didn't cut them out from a screen shot.

And Kobra looks a tad big. Also, the action back there is confusing. I can't seem to gather what is going on.

The fire needs a bit of work imo too. Add some brighter colors to the center or something. It's just bland to me atm.

It is nice however to see something visually appealing on these boards. For that, I thank you :)

I like what you are going for, but I don't really understand what is going on... That maybe the concussion talking or me, but it just seems really confusing...