Chapter 2

kold_as_ice92

I pass through the open doorways of the destroyed environment that was once the UK. The sound of my boots clumping on the cobblestone begins to seem repetitive.

Blood is spattered across walls and dripping from ceilings. The wretched smell of burnt flesh fills my lungs and brings a look of disgust to my face. It seems like the chainsaw-gun just gets heavier and heavier every minute I run with it through the stone corridors. My grip slowly loosens on the handle of the machine. That last incident from seconds back has me worrying. Right now, I'm almost scared for my life. I hate zombies. I hate their smell, their deep gaze, their everlasting thirst for blood. All I'm trying to do is survive this nightmare, and these freaks are making it worse.

Endless cries for help come from the vast distances around me, but there's nothing I can do about it. The nervous twitch in my eye is beginning to irritate me more and more.

My trails bring me to a big, water-filled area with a great stretch between land. Screw it. I charge-in a run and jump right off the edge, but I don't go far. I hold my breath as the murky water runs through my far and into my clothes. All my apparel weighs me down and makes it harder to keep swimming. This breast stroke near the floor of the pool tells me something's not right.

Suddenly, a big cloud of dirt and smog puffs in my face as a hand arises from the soil. A gangly zombie climbs from the ground. I scream in the water, watching all the huge, crisp bubbles flow from my mouth and rise to the surface. The fear strikes my mind again. Sudden flashes of death and agony approach my mind and spin through in milliseconds, yet I try to focus on survival. I start swimming for the surface slowly, the clothes and weapons weighing me on acouple extra pounds. But then something ELSE starts holding me back. The zombie grabbed hold of my foot and starts pulling. I cannot control this being's actions as it drags me slowly to the ground. I pull out my chainsaw-gun on the flash of instinct and shove it in the zombie's chest as I rev it up. Clouds of blood fill the air and turn the water into a shady-red tint. The zombie lets out minor bubbles of air and blood as it rattles from the chainsaw's spinning chains that grind up it's organs into slivers of internal matter. I could care less right now about my air supply. All that matters is that this little faggit rots. Anger infuses through my brain and takes over like a disease. I pull the trigger of the gun and hear the constant pump of the machine gun thrust endless amounts of bullets into the beast. I push the chainsaw in harder and harder and watch the zombie experience pain of the afterlife. The clip runs empty, but the rusty chainsaw is still pumpin' some hurt.

I suddenly wake up from my self-possession as I remove the chainsaw from the belly of the beast and shut it off. The zombie, now in half starts motioning towards me. The thing will be too slow to catch me if I start swimming to the surface for a gaping breath of air right now.

My arms slowly cut through the water as I begin to approach the surface little by little. The dirty, cloudy water rushes into my nose and gives me head-aches that hurt my entire brain like a big stone dropping on my face. My ears fill and mouth loads on the entoxicating water. I start to lose consciousness, but keep striding for the top as my hands become dull and weak. My eyelids grow heavy and jaw hangs low. My legs slowly kick on a small pace as I can feel death growing upon my skin. But I certainly am NOT going to fail now. NOT DONE YET!