Website?

ChiefThunder

How do you make one?

I have done alot of reading and surfing for info and programs on "How to make a Website" and it still completely eludes me. For some reason I cannot grasp the process of how you put a website on the net. I know you need a domain name, then you build your site, but where does it go? And you can add a forum to it too.

I know as much about building websites as I do about how to fly the space shuttle [rocket sicence indeed] One of my friends can build a really good site in like 2 days with all the content and it looks really professional. And all he uses is Dreamweaver and Photoshop for the artsy stuff.

Any useful and helpful links/info/tips would be greatly appreciated. Oh, and I don't want to make an MK website. Because there are already way too many as it is, lmao.

Last edited:
Skythe said:
Hit me up on AIM one of these days and I'll help you out.
So u diss chief in one thread, yet offer to help him out in another...rather strange if u ask me....anyways on topic, some of my friends have piczo sites, so go to www.piczo.com, and see if thats any help 2 ya

I'd understand you deleting my post if I was flaming. Too bad I wasn't. Stop, Please. I'd also appreciate a Pm explaining why it was deleted. I go out of my way to post, and it being deleted makes it like I just wasted my valuable time.

Last edited:
Skythe said:
I'd understand you deleting my post if I was flaming. Too bad I wasn't. Stop, Please. I'd also appreciate a Pm explaining why it was deleted. I go out of my way to post, and it being deleted makes it like I just wasted my valuable time.

I wasn't the one who deleted it, but I'll stand by my moderator's actions. You posted an off topic flame, so it was deleted. Since people recently love to make a scene about stuff no one else can see, I'll post it here edited.

Skythe said:
I wasn't asking you. Nice job on being a dipshit, @$$.

That is cleary off topic and a flame. So it was deleted. They also don't have to PM you anything, if they feel it's an improper post they delete it. If you have an issue with a moderator's action then PM me or email forums@realmmedia.com and the staff will look into the issue and get back to you. Spamming this thread is not the proper channel to dispute our staff's actions.

To keep the thread on topic, first CT I would recommend you find some free webhosting. Try out something like Google Pages to create a quick and easy website to help yourself learn.

But also be sure to teach yourself the basics of HTML and CSS, it's been something I've been doing for over 10 years now and a skill most people don't possess. I work with people who can't make a website unless they use a program to create it. This is becoming more and more common.

I'm not sure. I try to make one from scratch. I did it from Microsoft Word with the Web Templates and stuff. That's how I remember to do it and that was when I was a junior in high school.

Thanks for all of your replies.

Firstly, Pat, I never made an MK site. I just ran the forum for a few years as Chief [lol] Admin. Kryptonite, Khaos [brat] and Gororules were among the other main staff members that run MKOdyssey. Thanks for your advice. I found this interesting program BlueVoda and have started a site [feeble at best]

Thanks, Scythe, I will take you up on that offer, man.

TPO, Scythe and myself go way back since the original TRMK. When you see myself and him have at it, we are just fucking about. We have only really had one major falling out and that was when MKOdyssey went down last time. Oh btw, Skythe.... eat shit [lmao]

Kona, I have had a look at them, too complex for little ole me atm, thanks anyways. [i'm an idiot at the best of times]

Don't worry TPO. Chief will post it up once he's done with the website. The only question I'm thinking about is what website theme is Chief working on?

Vigilante_FireDragon said:
The only question I'm thinking about is what website theme is Chief working on?

You will see in the year 2010. That's how long it will take me to build.

As for the theme, you will see that also.