Official Basketball Thread

Re: Heat Won!!

Yea they did. Screw Stackhouse, that will teach him for screwing D.C. up the ass.

Bah, didn't even know Khaos was going for the Mavs. Iwas too, but just because I live in FL and was hoping to see everyones dreams at work crushed lol. It doesn't help that I ain't a fan of Shaq either.

At least my BoSox won tonight, thats good enough for me.

Yeah it was a pretty good series.
I thought Wade was getting some iffy calls in favor of him. He flops on the floor more then anyone i have ever seen, and most of the time they arent because he got hit. I think he likes to try to sell the refs a foul even though there isnt one.
But the Mavs couldnt seal the deal when they could have, and just proves that Dirk isnt the type of player you want to lead your team, he dissapears, and cant hit the clutch shots that he needed to do. Jason Terry, even though he missed that 3 that would have sent game 6 into OT, seemed to be the real leader for the Mavs. Its just too bad Dirk and Howard didnt show up when it counted. Shaq gets another title, although i dont think he really had that big of an impact as he did back in LA. It was mostly the Wade show, and all those "role players" if you can call them that, stepped up too. I like how they are called role players when most of them like Walker, Payton, Zo, Posey, Jwill, were all big time players on their old teams. heh. How could you lose with all that talent?

Wow.. the Mavs got stupid didn't they.. I'm not a sports fan, but being from Texas I was rooting for them. With their performances in Florida, it made them look really bad, but last night was the top of the cake. Come on, the format/ratio of the home/away games was in their favor and they still didn't pull it off.. I'm so ashamed.

Malitor Greymaulkin said:
Wow.. the Mavs got stupid didn't they.. I'm not a sports fan, but being from Texas I was rooting for them. With their performances in Florida, it made them look really bad, but last night was the top of the cake. Come on, the format/ratio of the home/away games was in their favor and they still didn't pull it off.. I'm so ashamed.

how was the format in their favor? If the home team wins all their games, by the 6th game the road team will always be up 3 games to 2. Personally i think its an advantage to play on the road in the finals. I dont know why they have it set up like that. If anything it should have went, Dal, Dal, Mia, Mia, Dal, Mia, Dal. But whatever. Sure Dallas got 4 home games to Miamis 3, but good luck trying to win 2 games in a row down 3 games to 2.

I don't follow basketball, but I do like certain teams. I don't mind watching here and there when bored. Championship games I like. I choose whoever depending what players they got that I know of and like. I did choose Miami for championship games however. Congrats to them. I think they played bad last night, but they were able to win.

I really thought the Pistons had a good shot at eliminating us in the playoffs, but we were able to beat them. I also thought we'd sweep the Maverics and was happy they were in the Finals. Then I had doubts when we lost both away games and came home with a deficit. Then game 3 in the last quarter I almost gave up but somehow the heat came back with like 6:45 remaining and turned the series around.

You guys also have to give Pat Riley a lot of credit. I think he's one of the best, if not the best, coach in the NBA right now. Even down 0-3, I think he could have pulled the Heat to an NBA Finals victory. Even losing both games in Dallas and throughout the regular season to them, we still beat them when we came back there.

Hell, even the last game was pretty tense all the way to the end. It seemed like deja vu when we were losing by like 11 points in the first quarter but fortunately things turned around.

Now hopefully they don't make any asinine trades. I was pretty pissed when the Jones's were both traded, but Posey and Payton turned out to be better. Most of our good guys are older (Walker, Payton, Posey, Shaq, Mourning), but I think they still have another good shot at winning the Finals next year. Just tell Walker to hold back on shooting so many threes, which could have blown the series if he continued that strategy.

I'm not a big sports fan, but when the home team is winning, even I get interested.

The 7th Number said:
Yeah it was a pretty good series.
I thought Wade was getting some iffy calls in favor of him. He flops on the floor more then anyone i have ever seen, and most of the time they arent because he got hit. I think he likes to try to sell the refs a foul even though there isnt one.

I'll agree there. We had some good calls, and drew some good fouls, but Wade must have had some voodoo on the refs. I watched a few videos today of some "phantom fouls" that were called, and it really made me want to hear the opinions of the refs, or at least some explanation about what they saw (or thought they saw).

The 7th Number said:
But the Mavs couldnt seal the deal when they could have, and just proves that Dirk isnt the type of player you want to lead your team, he dissapears, and cant hit the clutch shots that he needed to do. Jason Terry, even though he missed that 3 that would have sent game 6 into OT, seemed to be the real leader for the Mavs.

No arguments here, although this series made Dirk look especially bad. Dirk in Game 6 looked about like Shaq in Game 2, but that's what happens when you're getting double teamed the whole night. I'll agree the Mavs choked somewhat, or got on some cold streaks, or whatever you want to say, but I think it's hard to say the Mavs are a bad team when they got as far as they did.

I would have loved to see the eruption from J.T. making that last shot in Game 6. You gotta admit, they went down fighting.

Hawks likely to deal a point guard

The Atlanta Hawks are overloaded with point guards, a position they've been trying to solidify for the past three seasons.
The fact is the Hawks drafted Acie Law and have some serious cash invested in Speedy Claxton ($6 mil-plus), Tyronn Lue ($3.5) and Anthony Johnson ($2.6).
If any moves are made by the Hawks in training camp (and that's a very good possibility), it's expected one of these guys will be moved to make room for the rookie, who projects as the full service point guard that the Hawks have not had.

Source: Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Anyone watch tonight's game? What a great game. Dallas was just crazy. Jason Terry and JJ are my new heroes. Was not a big fan of Dallas until they stomped out LA.

It's kind of ironic that this thread, five years ago, was used to celebrate the Heat as champions. Oh my, how the times have changed. And Khaos gets his long-awaited vindication.