Reputation Question

Prophet

Alright, my Rep Power is 5, but when I click on "Add to my Reputation" (Just to test things), it said that I have 10 Reputation points. Are there differences? If so, what are they, and if not, then why do I have 5 on one screen, and 10 on another?

Well, to me it sounds like the reputation you have in your profile when you click on that is how much you can give out to others. This system looks like a member run reward/punish system so we have control over the new "karma" system.

If I'm right, I'm not sure how you regain Reputation that you've given out other than maybe amassing it over time or getting positive reputation from others dished out to you.

I doubt this link will help, but it tries to explain reputation. The biggest problem with the explanation comes from everthing being referenced to the admin properties which us lowbie folk don't get to see

kold_as_ice92 said:
holy crap, people can take my rep points?!?! thank god i still have 2!

Yep, you better believe it, man.

I had 3 then none. But that doesn't phase me at all. I just want to know the person/s who gave me bad rep.

RIPLIUKANG said:
If it makes you feel any better I gave you some rep points, Chief.

Thank you, but there was no need to, dude. I was not upset or anything about losing them, I just wanted to know who gave me a bad rap. I have many slient enemies here at TRMK.

Hehehe.

Thansk again, RLK.

ChiefThunder said:
I was not upset or anything about losing them, I just wanted to know who gave me a bad rap. I have many slient enemies here at TRMK.

I know how you feel; I've had this happen to me on another vBulletin board. I wasn't pissed or anything, I just wanted to know who it was and why they did it. Maybe that's what you should try to find out.

Well I was trying to find out, but to tell you thr truth, if I had -100 rep pts, I could care less, dude. I mean, it's not like it's gonna improve my lifestyle any, lolol.

Last edited:
ChiefThunder said:
Yep, you better believe it, man.

I had 3 then none. But that doesn't phase me at all. I just want to know the person/s who gave me bad rep.

Oh god, what happens when all your rep points are stolen? Can you get them back? Are there punishments for rep point theivery? If not, how do you steal rep points? Are these questions too many too answer? Am I getting on your nerves, or is your nerves weak? All this and more on Diddyspiracies.

kold_as_ice92 said:
what i dont understand is why anyone would give you a bad rep.

People enjoy abusing the system. If they don't like you, they enjoy being immature and sending out random negative rep points just because they can.

The system is in place to reward people with good posts and to give negative points for things like flaming and spamming. Giving negative rep because you don't like someone is lame. I got negative rep for telling two people to kindly cut out the fighting in a thread and use the PM system. You know who you are and it's odd that the person is one to always mention how they get negative rep and they want to know who did it and why yet they throw out negative rep just because the option is there.

In the end, I, like most, don't really care about what my rep total is. I wont go slit my wrists because I have negative rep. It's just there for people to use maturely but sadly that doesn't always happen. Abusing it is so much easier.

Oh and just so you know, mods and admin can see the names of the people who give out negative rep so we know who is abusing it and who isn't.

Last edited:
I can't even see my rep points. Did they disappear or what? I click on control panel and nothing comes up.