PhpBB or vBulletin?

PhpBB or vBulletin?

• PhpBB

Votes: 21 75.0%
  • vBulletin

Votes: 7 25.0%

• Total voters

Prophet

Okay, you've seen both of these forum systems being used.. so which do you like more?

PhpBB, or vBulletin?

I only ever liked vBulletin for the quick reply thing. I love PhpBB, it is simple and effective.

Hey, common courtesy, when asking a question, state your preference, first. I prefer VBulletin, I just love these kinds of boards to death. It makes TRMK feel like a big, bad community now, real city-folk.

I prefer the PhpBB. It's easier to navigate and we've had it for so long, it was hard to adjust to the vBulletin style.

i am with kona on this one the quick reply is awesome but phpbb was so much simpler in terms of use oh well I guess we have to deal with this

I think I may have been on a vBulletin board quite a while back but I still preffer PhpBB.
mostly because it just doesn't feel like the same place over here.
that's pretty much the main reason.

oh well.at least our avatars and names aren't on top of our posts anymore.
that was a little too different and I didn't like it one bit.

vbullitin. I never really like phpbb for some reason. Plus most of the boards I am on use VB so its just more convenient to myself.

Phpbb quick reply has certain exploits [weaknesses] and therefore Invision has not, to me that's only one real benefit from changing over. Even with Invision, you have to go "Advanced" to change the options in your post, neat but unnecessary in my opinion. And the "Tags" ex: [b] [i] etc were really handy, where are they now? Another thing I've noticed since the new boards have been put up is the apparent lack of members.

Meh, whatever.

phpBB is riddled with exploits, and I'm sure the staff here (mainly Pat) doesn't want to be bothered with the constant updates all the time just to thwart a serious attack.

I like the black and gold template the best, and I also like VBulletin better. The only thing I am really disliking is the Sponsor bar on the side because it shifts the whole forum, and because my ISP blocks those types of ads, I just see an empty bar and it's annoying.

PhpBB, but mainly because that's what I'm used to. I'll just have to wait and see how I feel about this once I've had enough time with it.

Yeah dude, I don't know what it is, but that other template absolutely made my head swim. I can't count how many times I said "what the fuck?" in that first day or two. This I can get used to pretty quick, though.

ChiefThunder said:
And wtf is my rep pts? lol

who bin taking them?

Bush.

I prefer phpBB better for some reason. I belong to a VBulletin around the same time as first joining TRMK, and I found this phpBB layout much easier and convienient to me. I don't even like the quick reply much, and that's the only thing going from a visual point of view from my standpoint.

Vega said:
PhpBB for me (not been here for a while....it's all gone wierd)

I agree but then I'll probably get used to the new system and love it to death so I Suppose the only permanance is change right

I can't believe all of you are telling me that phpBB has a better organization? They operate almost identically to you, the user. The themes were not identical, but other than that they look about the same. vB has some extra features, much are very beneficial to you users.

As far as why we switched, most of you vB supporters have already touched on some points. The main points other than security is ease in upgrades, ease of mod installs, ease of theming, ease of about everything. Everything is now configurable via a nice web interface making changes 200% easier. And mods and theme changes also don't effect the main code when making updates. I don't expect many of you to care about that fact.

Will this vote make us change? No way. We also haven't forgotten any fans of you fans, how can changing a web forum software make us appear to have forgotten you? That I just don't understand.