Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

Ethix

Holy hell, amazing:

May 10, 2006 - Nintendo just pulled a fast one at us. At an after-hours press briefing, the company pulled another ace out of its hat: Smash Bros. Brawl.

We have confirmed the following playable characters:

# Pit (Kid Icarus)
# Solid Snake (Metal Gear Solid)
# Zero Suit Samus (Metroid)
# Meta-Knight (Kirby)

http://revolution.ign.com/articles/707/707504p1.html

http://www.gamespot.com/wii/action/...=6150531&page=1

http://media.revolution.ign.com/med...545/vids_1.html

11473150209137if4bd.jpg

This is going to be fun. Even though to see Snake would be weird since he doesnt seem to fit. That's how I see it with a few others though. Still cool however.

wow, that is pretty cool. I also like the idea of metaknight for some reason. Oh and you forgot to mention wario... I always wondered why he was never in super smash to begin with.

Fucking bang, man! Snake's special skillz: Down+b= Hide in a box XD

wow this just seams awesome. I love the new Characters.

Smash Brothers pwns soooo much! This game should really rock for the Wii. I am all about the new system and its line of games coming out such like the new Zelda. Nintendo is sooo impressive. Maybe Midway will start working MK back on their systems to make use of their newer controller

Hydro said:
Smash Brothers pwns soooo much! This game should really rock for the Wii. I am all about the new system and its line of games coming out such like the new Zelda. Nintendo is sooo impressive. Maybe Midway will start working MK back on their systems to make use of their newer controller

Yeah, imagine controlling the weapon stance's movements with the romote! That'd be flippin awesome! Hehe, awesome...

i saw them use the wii remote on madden and you have to flick it back to hike the ball, and then flick it forward to throw it... i didnt like that at all. i would much rather use the old school way. which kinda scares me even with the ps3, i dont want them to change games to use the motion sensor, and we have to use it. because i dont need the camera changing direction if i tilt the controller up, or something stupid like that. not everyone plays with a steady hand.

Mad Gear Serpent said:
Wait, how do they have the rights to use Snake in a Nintendo character megamix!? I don't understand.
Two reasons: Metal Gear's been played on many different Nintendo platforms, and Kojima practically begged these guys to put his character in the game.

Ethix said:
Mad Gear Serpent said:
Wait, how do they have the rights to use Snake in a Nintendo character megamix!? I don't understand.
Two reasons: Metal Gear's been played on many different Nintendo platforms, and Kojima practically begged these guys to put his character in the game.

I would like to see your proof of kojima "begging" for them to put snake in the game... I bet nintendo is paying konami up the butt to put snake in their game. In the end it probably does not matter much to nintendo how much money they pay for snake... its obvious EVERYONE in the world will buy this game.

Blue Jester said:
Ethix said:
Mad Gear Serpent said:

I would like to see your proof of kojima "begging" for them to put snake in the game... I bet nintendo is paying konami up the butt to put snake in their game. In the end it probably does not matter much to nintendo how much money they pay for snake... its obvious EVERYONE in the world will buy this game.
It said so in the article I posted?

Sakurai said the decision to include Solid Snake when Hideo Kojima himself practically "begged" to include the Metal Gear character in the last Smash Bros. game. When asked about the possibility of Sonic the Hedgehod appearing in the game as well, Shigeru Miyamoto said: "There are probably possibilities for other third parties as well, and it maybe that even know there are corporate discussions going on about including some of these other characters."

metal gear was on the MSX first, and wasn't developed or produced by nintendo at all.
The only recent MG game on nintendo was twin snakes. And nintendo are in no way linked with the series. It does look well done, but the graphics on solid snake look distinctly current-generation. I'm regarding this with a lot of suspicion until I see what I believe is reliable confirmation.