Username Change..

Khaos

Well, since my other topic was locked, I'll go for a solo change.

Someone else already made a topic requesting there name to be changed, so there's no reason that mine shouldn't be granted.

Will one of the admins please change my username to King Khaos

I already messaged Jeff about it.. Guess this will grab some attention.

Sorry to shit in your thread, dude, but why has the word 'King' for ones username become so popular? Or more precisely, why have people been adding King to their username? WAS did it, now you. I am just curious is all, King Khaos! Actually, that has a nice ring to it, man.

KK for short :lol:

Good one! :p I was thinking of changing mine to Infernal_HellDragon someday as a evolution! 8) Not right now! Hey Khaos! Thinking about having three Ks instead of just King Khaos!

Vigilante_FireDragon said:
Good one! :p I was thinking of changing mine to Infernal_HellDragon someday as a evolution! 8) Not right now! Hey Khaos! Thinking about having three Ks instead of just King Khaos!

Must you add your worthless 2 cents to every thread?

Fine, fine, if he gets his name changed could I request mine be changed to "No Ethix?" No real reason. :p

No, this isn't a suggest a username for a friend thread.

This is Khaos asking for a username change thread. :(

No one has had their name change since I said "no more name changes."

To be exact, on April 9th I said:

Patrick McCarron said:
This is not an official place to do this. I will later be adding a way to request this formally, until then there will be no username changes going forward.

That means no one.

This name change has gotten out of hand, eventually I will implement a way for people to make the change. You'll all have to be patient, it wont be until after E3 or later.

Patrick McCarron said:
No one has had their name change since I said "no more name changes."

To be exact, on April 9th I said:

Patrick McCarron said:
This is not an official place to do this. I will later be adding a way to request this formally, until then there will be no username changes going forward.

That means no one.

This name change has gotten out of hand, eventually I will implement a way for people to make the change. You'll all have to be patient, it wont be until after E3 or later.

Just go into the Admin Panel > Configuration > and put Allow Username changes to yes. No need to implement a way yourself. Durrrr

Kryptonite said:
Just go into the Admin Panel > Configuration > and put Allow Username changes to yes. No need to implement a way yourself. Durrrr

TRMKarma Awarded: +5 (Extra Funny Post) by ChiefThunder

Sorry I had to do that :cry:

Kryptonite said:

<sarcasm>Oh wow, I never saw that setting. Durrrr!</sarcasm>

Are you kidding me? That's about the dumbest idea for a big forum like this. It would be utter "Khaos" of people changing names every day or every hour.

I am either going to make a way you can earn user name changes, and have a limit on how many you can have in "X" amount of time. I also want to be able to easily view the history of that user's names. We currently have to maintain a list in the forum of each username that changes, and that's just really annoying.

So when I make the big changes I've talked about, eventually a system will be put in place to allow this. Until then you'll have to deal with your user name.

Patrick McCarron said:
Kryptonite said:

<sarcasm>Oh wow, I never saw that setting. Durrrr!</sarcasm>

Are you kidding me? That's about the dumbest idea for a big forum like this. It would be utter "Khaos" of people changing names every day or every hour.

I am either going to make a way you can earn user name changes, and have a limit on how many you can have in "X" amount of time. I also want to be able to easily view the history of that user's names. We currently have to maintain a list in the forum of each username that changes, and that's just really annoying.

So when I make the big changes I've talked about, eventually a system will be put in place to allow this. Until then you'll have to deal with your user name.

I got dibs on Patrick McCarrot when you implement this new system. ;)

Kryptonite said:
I got dibs on Patrick McCarrot when you implement this new system. ;)

TRMKarma Awarded: +5 (Kryptonite Classic Post) by ChiefThunder

Patrick McCarron said:

Why not implement the old point system? Where by a member can earn points to buy name changing priveleges, siggy priveleges and whatnot?

Along those lines anyways.

ChiefThunder said:
Patrick McCarron said:

Why not implement the old point system? Where by a member can earn points to buy name changing priveleges, siggy priveleges and whatnot?

Along those lines anyways.

We never had a point system before, but you are on the right track of some of my ideas.

How about the Karma system is almost like a blue access keycard.

If you have positive X amount of Karma, you can do this to your name, that to your name, etc.

Positive Karma +20 = Make the username able to be italicized or bolded.
Positive Karma +50 = Change the color to any color that is light
Positive Karma +80 = Make the username able to have a marquee effect
Positive Karma +100 = Make the username changable

Negative Karma -20 = Make the username able to be italicized or bolded.
Negative Karma -50 = Change the color to any color that is dark
Negative Karma -80 = Make the username able to have a marquee effect
Negative Karma -100 = Make the Username Changable

Something like that. Just pitching some ideas.

Patrick McCarron said:
We never had a point system before, but you are on the right track of some of my ideas.

I know. When I said 'Old Point System' I was referring to the tradional system used on so many forum, not on TRMK. But you have better and more interesting ideas :lol:

A good idea, Prophet. I like your ideas. But may I be so bold as to suggest that Pat may be on a different level than what you or I are suggesting. Due to recent events and his comments on the whole Karma issue. He maybe heading a somewhat different direction, but with similar results. I think Karma in any shape or form works very nicely, but it's just not 100% accurate as we've seen. And some members are unhappy with their karma or ranking. This is a huge job for the TRMK staff in as much as they have to read every single post, screw that for a joke, lol.

For example, if I had say 10,000 posts and just 50+ positive karma. Then at a glance most members may think, shit he's posted alot of utter garbage? But not necessarily so. But with a modified point system, your rank like here at TRMK is changed when your post count increases. The whole karma thing is a bonus to identify good posts, bad posts, informative posts etc as we all know.

I dunno, im just rambling on here. But bottom line is that Pat is disappointed about the TRMKarma system failing miserabley. Those were his words I believe. I can live with or without karma, but I like a ranking system and a point/karma system of some kind. It encourages members to make good posts etc. And that in turn influences other members both vets and noobies to adopt the same posting habits.

Meh.

I know, I'm just saying that with this, maybe the negative karma could give you penalties after certain amounts. I think that would fix up the Karma system because people would want to earn those abilities and stuff.

But with every rose comes its thorn. I'm sure Pat'll figure it out.