Metal Gear Solid 4

Kona

One of the main reasons I am buying a PS3. Who else has been playing MGS since the first one? Yeah, I love it that much.

Anyway, this game looks awsome and I am uploading a few vids to sahre with you. The first one that I used with Photobucket (it sucks) is a teaser trailer from G4. Click below to watch. If it is low quality tell me and I will upload to my filelodge account.

<embed width="352" height="308" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://vidmg.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vidmg.photobucket.com/albums/v135/UnknownFB/Sigs and Tags/g4_e305live_day2_mgs4_wmvlow.flv"></embed>

Yeah I saw that at IGN and I too love the look of MGS4. But I highly doubt that I would by the PS3 just for that one game, dude. I have yet to finish MGS Subsistaance :cry:

I love the storyline and the games. I have yet to purchase all of them yet though.

Also I want the PS3 for Darkness and any other upcoming games for the series I own.

shadow_kick said:
MGS4 looks amazing...the theoretical price of the PS3 does not.
:x

And that is exactly my point.

I will just do the usual thing that I always when a new system is released. Wait for the first major price drop which will be Xmas 2007 for the PS3. Yes I can wait that long, because I hava shitloads of great games on the PS2, XBOX and PC that I have yet to begin and I have plenty that I still have to finish.

As for MGS4, I have very high expectations from this upcoming title, seeing as the entire franchise more or less set the standard for console action/stealth games. I have all the MGS games minus the handheld versions, and they are all GREAT games. I love the storylines, the action, the music, the characters, everything. So I expect that MGS4 will feel my wrath soon enough, even if I have to play it on a mates system.

Btw, My altime fav MGS character was Vulcan Raven.

screw being an old skool fan since MGS1, I've been a fan since Metal Gear!
One thing just pisses me off tho. Can't we have just one more game with Solid Snake as himself? Just normal Solid Snake, not Some blonde Prettyboy, or Snakes dad, or an old man?

Interesting Facts: David Hayter, who voices Snake, plays Captain America in the Spider-man animated series, While MGS3's Raikov was voiced by Diagnosis Murder's Dr. Jessie Travis!

Those are interesting facts. Metal Gear, yeah I guess that was the first one. I am just used to typing MGS out lol. Anyway, the graphics and storyline of MGS4 look amazing.

I would love for another Solid Snake game, sure Sons of Liberty had Raiden, but I liked playing through as snake and killing everyone.

Genome Soldiers
200px-Genome_Soldiers.jpg

Here are some details and facts about the series I have found

In the PlayStation version of the game, Psycho Mantis performs a variety of stunts to prove the truth of his telepathic and psychokinetic powers. First, he scans the player's memory card for save files from other Konami games and drops pithy comments if he finds them. (In the Japanese version, if save files from both Snatcher and Policenauts are found, Mantis delivers a message of gratitude from Kojima himself. One example in the US version is Konami's Castlevania: Symphony of the Night) He also asks the player to drop his DualShock controller on the ground and then invokes the controller's vibration function in a violent manner. As one of his battle attacks, he is able to turn the game's screen black, with only the word "HIDEO" on the top corner of the screen, as if the player's television were malfunctioning. Finally, to counter his "mind-reading ability", the player must unplug the controller from Controller Port 1 and insert it into the infrequently-used Controller Port 2 instead. (In the GameCube remake The Twin Snakes, you have to switch from Controler Ports 1, 2 , 3 & 4 throughout the fight.)

During the battle with the Hind D, the Colonel will advise Snake that he can determine the gunship's position by following the sound of its rotors. However, if the player has set the game's sound to monaural mode, Campbell and Mei Ling will express pity

Memorable Quotes from
Metal Gear Solid (1998):

Naomi: Well, if you come back in one piece, maybe I'll let you do a strip search on me.
Solid Snake: I'll hold you to that, doctor.

Meryl Silverburgh: Don't worry, I'm disguised in this enemy uniform.
Solid Snake: You won't be for long with the way you walk.
Meryl Silverburgh: What does that mean?
Solid Snake: Oh... nothing.

Roy Campbell: I just invited you here to have a chat.
Solid Snake: Invited. That's what you call sending armed troops to my home?
Roy Campbell: I'm sorry if they were rough on you.

Mei Ling: Snake. That's a ladies bathroom.
Solid Snake: I know that. I saw Meryl come in here.
Mei Ling: So you went in after her? Are you some kind of pervert? I won't let you save your mission now.
Solid Snake: Listen Mei Ling, this is the only place on this base that I can talk to Meryl alone.
Mei Ling: Whatever, weirdo. Don't call me again.

Yeah, I love this series. More vids on the way!

Heh, Other Gaming means Games other than MK so I put it here. The mods can move it if they see fit. Oh, and for your viewing pleasure, another video.

<embed width="352" height="308" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://vidmg.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vidmg.photobucket.com/albums/v135/UnknownFB/Sigs and Tags/mgs4_103005_wmvlowwide.flv"></embed>

I would easily buy a PS3 just to play MGS4. Hell, people bought an X-Box 360 just to play ... um ... absolutely nothing. As I type, they still have nothing to play.

I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be a collection of some of the best games available. Great gameplay, awesome story, some of the best characters around, and they are all full of hidden jokes, easter eggs, replay, and a ton of other features most game designers couldn't even dream up.

I'm really anticipating this one. Especially since Vamp will probably play a role.

I think I speak for MaxDam as well.

Kona said:
Yeah, I can't wait to see Vamp in his new uber 3D model for PS3.

Vamp is one of my favorite video game characters of all time.

There is nothing like a bisexual Romanian knive wizard who can move at fast speeds, run on water, run up vertical walls, dodge and block bullets, and drink peoples blood.

PS3=high price but:

durability of disk Blue-ra= Scratch it with Iron Wool sheating and they still work. These disk will never have to be replaced.. ^_^ Yes now I can leave them around like a slob. XD.

I too like MSG although I still wouldn't buy the PS3 for just one game...

which will be Xmas 2007 for the PS3. Yes I can wait that long, because I hava shitloads of great games on the PS2, XBOX and PC that I have yet to begin and I have plenty that I still have to finish.

It will still be higher than 400$ by spectualtion. Heck the XB360 hasn't dropped by much yet (Yes I know not a full year but you get the point >_>)

Kid this is about the game not the system price.

Metal gear Solid 4 does look like a fucking great game. One of the first console games iv seen where the weapon modeling and rendering isnt shit. One thing is will this be Snakes last game? Will he finally succede? And will they finally port this stuff to the xbox.

Price has always been steep for new consoles since the Playstation. Hell, I remember chalking up over $350 for that system. Had to get an extra controller, memory card, some adapter, and a game. Maybe I spent more.

I think the 360 price was steeper than it should have been considering there wasn't a damn thing worth playing. But then again, the system boasts a lot more than just video game capabilities. My only problem with that is I don't use my console systems for all that junk. If I want to play a DVD, I use the DVD player. If I want to listen to music, I go to my car or a CD player. So all those extra features are just things I don't use. Besides, you have to buy like DVD controllers just to use the thing which is an extra $40. But I expect the prices to be steep because of these things and because price always goes up a bit on each next-gen system.

Bottom line is that when you buy a new console system, you know what to expect. That's to spend a lot of money. So price complaining isn't my thing. Besides, they last like 4-5 years, so it's worth it. I wish computer Grahpic cards lasted that long ... since they are about the same price and you need a new one every 2 years.

My only problem is with the $60 games. That's garbage. I don't my chalking over that much for a game that boasts 50+ hours of gameplay. But if your game is gonna last me 12-15 hours - I don't want to pay more than $40 for it. And most games these days are short.

These games are next-gen games anyway. The console might be but the games are still the same things with just overhauled graphics. Developers need to learn that better graphics does not equal next generation. New concepts, ideas, and game mechanics do. If some more devs could understand that, I would pay $60 for a game.

Kid this is about the game not the system price.

I thought it was of BOTH. Really it is I was just discussing the other part. [If anyone buys a high priced thing for only one object they are partially crazy no offense to whoever does XD]

Metal gear Solid 4 does look like a !@#$ great game.

All of them have 0_0 Have you even played any of the others in the series? Are do you just play for graphics?

One of the first console games iv seen where the weapon modeling and rendering isnt shit
Brings up Elder Scrolls games but stops... /many others XD.

One thing is will this be Snakes last game?

He is aging faster due to him being a clone TK said it that there most likely will be a few more with him in it before his break down goes=corrupt, or whatever you would like to say.

Will he finally succede?

If he does there will always be other missions XD. Never ending story my friend.

And will they finally port this stuff to the xbox.

>_> XD XD XD LMAO LMAO LOL LOL.

Sorry I just couldn't help it something just made me laugh at that. I don't think Sony would be too nice in that discussion I mean this franchise and the CO who make it has made Sony=RICH in many aspects. (Note along with many other Sony-exclusive COs.)

But hey never give up hope like they always say...

Pheonix elder scrolls weopon modeling leaves a bit to be desired. Yes they may look pretty good but there are a world full of imperfections about them. And if a game looks like shit then it will be shit. And if he is ageing faster then that should mean that he will die sooner. Get your storie straight.

Pheonix elder scrolls weopon modeling leaves a bit to be desired. Yes they may look pretty good but there are a world full of imperfections about them.

The only problem is they just hack not slash creatures no biggy really.. XD

And if a game looks like shit then it will be shit.

I must be confused but wasn't Mario Bros. #1 rated #1 greatest game ahead of it's time? It looked terrible but was rated even over Soul Caliber, etc. [Even Halo ;D Sorry I had to get something on you XD]

2D games look like shit and many are classics better than today's games. Looks mean nothing like they say can't judge a book by it's cover XD.

And if he is ageing faster then that should mean that he will die sooner. Get your storie straight.

>_> He is a clone! Clones age faster notice how everyone else doesn't seem much THAT aged? Either he will die from age or his DNA will become UNSTABLE. [Which means he dies]

TK didn't say this was his last game but that he ages faster. So how is that incorrect? I read from the interview with Game Informer myself >_> So what?

Do you even read anything pheonix? If he ages faster then he should be dead before the next game. And about the weopons thats not what im talking about you idiot. the models clip in a lot of places and i have noticed a lot of smoothing errors . The edges are all done right but there are a few texture imperfections.

I think Snake would make it back for a MGS:5. After all, he has the power to;

XD XD XD XD, >_> >_> >_> XD XD XD XD >_> >_> XD XD

Sorry. Couldn't resist.

But last time I checked this is a message forum, not a chat room. No one likes seeing all those stupid faces. Leave that kiddy crap at the login screen please. It's getting old seeing XD XD XD splattered inbetween every 3 words. I don't even know what your typing because these faces (which I don't even see - I just see odd letters that make no sense) jumble up every single one of your posts.