Why Was Shinnok So Easy ?

deadly alliance had the easiest boss ever. the "deadly alliance" which was regular shang and quan...nothing special and already unlocked

Either way, he played like a normal character, so he wouldve been easy to beat, special moves or no special moves. At least in DA, Moloch was a different tier. Goro in MK4 played like everyone else with a little more damage.

Shinnok was such a tool in MK4. Ed Boon stated Shinnok should've never been the boss since he wasn't big & all he really did was mimick other people's moves. I wonder why they didn't make him turn into a monster in the 2nd round like he did in Mythologies: Sub-Zero. I guess that would've worked pretty well.

Shinnok was such a tool in MK4. Ed Boon stated Shinnok should've never been the boss since he wasn't big & all he really did was mimick other people's moves. I wonder why they didn't make him turn into a monster in the 2nd round like he did in Mythologies: Sub-Zero. I guess that would've worked pretty well.

After playing and beating Mortal Kombat Mythologies, it seemed obvious that Shinnok: Monster Mode would have been the perfect boss of MK IV. Too bad Midway didn't think so.

Shinnok always tried to throw the boulder at me. So I teleported with Scorpion the whole time (not kidding, only move I used was teleport)

Yep, now I see why he wasn't liked as the main boss; but in EVERY single MK game I've played (all but Armageddon), what has stood out is that the sub-boss is more difficult than the main one.
Shinnok won't be seen much more now; but as far as Netherrealm bosses, there are most certainly others that they can put as the main outside the Liu Kang/Kitana duo.
Either way, the 3D bosses are much, much easier to beat than the 2D ones, not just Shinnok.

Shinnok was more likely tested in the original Beta MK4 arcade revision as one of the regular characters rather than the main boss he ended up being.