Search results only go back a couple months?

DCR

I've done a couple searches for older threads recently and there doesn't seem to be any results that come up prior to January or February of this year. Is that because of the server switching or is it something else?

I was just wondering because, well, it kinda sucks when you tell someone they're posting a topic that's already been covered and you can't find the original thread to rub in their face. :p

Yeah, I've kind of seen thta too. Some of the rather old Karma given (with the links in the profiles) don't have topics from where they're from. Wierd, eh? Because I think I can still find my first post... I wonder why?

Edit: I can still find my first post, and that was in March '05, so maybe the search function doesn't go back too far?

I'm not sure about the search fuction but there are still posts on here from when the forum came back online in '04. I know I can still retrieve my first posts. There are a few dead links but I credit that to deleted threads.

I haven't seen any problems with actually accessing the older threads, that's not what this is about. It's just that the search function doesn't seem to retrieve anything older than a couple months. I even tried searching for something really common like "kombat" and the oldest result I got was from January.

That is strange, not sure what to say because I don't write the search functions here. It appears to have some internal limit on how much it can return, so if some search generates a lot of hits then it may cut off the end of the results.

But I'll poke around the phpBB forums and see what they say about it next time I get to nose around in the forum code.

Is pruning enabled on the forums? If it is, that will remove old posts depending on what it is set to.

That's weird! I tried looking for the original of some threads, but somehow I can't find them. Now I'll never know what was the very first post done on this website.

Question: Why do you need to know what the very first forum post on TRMK was???

Outside of Trivial reasons I don't see the point in knowing something like that.