SubZero Konquest

ScorpZero

BANALITY
I am so glad that this forum was created without further adue I present to you SubZero Konquest

Sub-Zero Konquest- Chapter 1- The Truth

I walked through Earthrealm searching for Scorpion. He would pay for his treachery.

I walked into the woods to take breather when I heard someone shout "GET OVER HERE". I tried to remember where i'd heard the before when Scorpions spear drove itself through my shoulder. I screamed in agony. He yanked the spear and through me towards him. The spear released and he uppercut me. He grabbed me in a sleeper-hold. For about 2 hours black was all I saw.

When I awoke I tried to move my hands but I felt a tough restraint holding me there. I looked up and saw Scorpion and Shang Tsung talking about something. I tried to listen in, but my head was still throbbing from the uppercut. Damn he is strong... I thought. Then Shang Tsung left and Scorpion turned to face me.

"So your awake now." he said

" Yes. You will pay for your treachery! It is your fault Mileena slayed Queen Sindel and Kitana!" I said.

" You fool! I DID NOT BETRAY THEM! QUAN CHI AMBUSHED ME BEFORE I COULD KILL HER!"

" What?!"

" I tried to get her...i did...before i could quan chi and a couple of oni's ambushed me...I got knocked into a soulnado..."

" How did you survive?"

" I escaped into the void. I watched Onaga being reborn, and Li Mei and Tonya joining him. The Elder Gods caught me and, forced to be their servant. I just returned when I caught you and needed to speak to you."

" So you stick your spear into my shoulder, uppercut me, and then knock me unsconscious???!!!"

" Well you weren't exactly happy with me. I could tell."

" You can't blame me. It looked like you betrayed us."

" Yes I know. Lets go. Raiden is waiting for us."

" The thunder god?!. Why?!"

" He is going to infuse us with the power of gods. He also said something about Frost Armor."

"Alright. Lets go."

We trekked out of the forest and into the mountains. I started to focus, and I could sense something was amiss.

"SCORPION DUCK!" Scorpion ducked in the knick of time, as a massive skull fireball whizzed past his head and into the mountain wall adjacent to him. Scorpion looked up and saw a pure white demon standing in-between two large green oni's. They were the same ones from before! Then the demon must be..."QUAN CHI!!! I CHALLENGE YOU TO A ROUND OF MORTAL KOMBAT!"

Quan Chi smirked "I accept!"

I looked over at Scorpion and said "I'll take care of the two oni's!"

I ran over and pulled my Kori Blade out of its sheath. I faced the big oni and did a quick sweepkick. That outta keep him down for a few seconds. The small one jumped on my back and slammed its fist into my back. It didn't hurt at all. I smirked as I did a Spinning Slash. The oni fell and lost one of his wrists to the Kori Blade. I did a quick front flip and followed up with a downward stab into the oni's would-be heart. It screamed in agony as the blade tore through his skin like tissue paper. As I stabbed however, I didn't notice that the other oni had gotten back on his feet. He charged at me and backhanded me out of his way as he ran towards his fallen comrade. He threw me like a rag doll just off-handedly. I began to wonder how strong this oni truly was. He turned and looked at me. By the look on his face he really wanted to kill me. He charged blindly towards me. He raised his fist and just before he came into range, I put my hands in front in the dragon form and focused a small Ice Blast between both my palms. I fired it as he pulled back to punch. The blast flew and on-contact froze the oni in his tracks. As he froze a look of surprise dawned upon his face. I switched to my Shotokan stance and prepared to attack with Spear-Hand Strike. I pulled my hand back and put my index and middle finger together. I jumped towards the oni, my fingers outstretched. As my fingers hit the ice I felt pressure, but they were going straight through the ice and into the oni.I could feel his warm blood pouring over my fingers. I pulled my fingers out and a fast stream of red flowed over the opening in the ice. I pulled my Kori Blade back out of its sheath and did a few rapid cuts to knock down the iced oni. My battle finished in only a few minutes, I turned to watch Scorpion.

He was doing quite well to say the least. Quan Chi, who had looked confident before was now scared beyond belief. Scorpion was everywhere. His spear had struck him at least 6 different times. Blood soaked both of their bodies, although Scorpion didn't seem to have any wounds. Quan Chi's sorcery could not save him from Scorpions might. Scorpion sensing defeat drew his blade, the mighty Mugai Ryu. He phased between realms and phased back behind Quan Chi. With one swift move, Quan Chi's head rolled off the body while the rest of him stood stiff. Scorpion smirked and muttered "Fatality."

We continued our journey towards the Earthrealm portal. We got there relatively quick.

"Scorpion, how do we get through the Nexus? Onaga has all the Kamigodu."

"Yes but the portals will unlock for Raiden."

Right on cue a flash of green light appeared and the thunder god, Raiden stepped through.

"Greetings allies to the Elder Gods. I have come to infuse you both with the power that has been kept locked away until now."

"Why was it locked away?" I asked.

"Well, you have heard of the Emperor Shao Kahn, No?"

"Yes Lord Raiden. He was the emperor of Outworld at one time, until Liu Kang killed him."

"Correct. Liu Kang's power was drawn from just the essence of the power i'm giving the two of you. While Liu Kang mastered the power in just a few minutes, it will take at least a week for the both of you. The reason of course being that you will have the full power, but that is not all. The power alone cannot defeat Onaga, you will both need to use teamwork and great fighting skill. Do you accept this burden?"

I took a step forward before I spoke. " I have been fighting evil since my release from Shang Tsung. I will continue to do so at all costs."

Scorpion also stepped forward. "I am responsible for this. Quan Chi did this. I will undo it if its the last thing I do."

Raiden dawned a sad expression on his face. " I'm afraid it could be the very last thing you do. The energy could overcome and eventually consume you."

"That won't happen to us. We are to skilled. Right Sub-Zero?"

"Right!"

"I suggest you both goto an old friend of mine, he will teach you what it takes to defeat Onaga and The Deadly Alliance."

"Quan Chi is dead. Only Shang Tsung remains."

I started to become angry. "Raiden, please hurry this up. I do not mean to rush, but I will take my vengeance on Shang Tsung. He will pay."

Raiden nodded "Sub-Zero, take this armor. It was your ancestor, the creator of the Lin Kuei, Chill. He infused some unknown abilities into the armor. I trust you will need it against Shang Tsung. I nodded and walked into the portal. I appeared into the nexus. I noticed someone standing by the Komidogu. It was Shang Tsung!

"Sorcerer!"I screamed.

Shang Tsung twitched and turned slowly. "Ahhhhh, Sub-Zero. I was wondering when you would come. I heard your friend Scorpion killed Quan Chi."

"Yes I intend to do the same to you!"

Next Chapter: Sub-Zero VS Shang Tsung FIGHT!

To be continued...

I like it, but I couldn't imagine Scorpion and Sub-Zero talking to each other in such a way. They seem to speak like teenagers, not battle-hardened warriors. The only characters i could really imagine talking this way are johnny cage and Jax.
8/10

In fanfiction, aside from correcting mistakes in a aurthour general MK knowledge the rest is up to them.

I base fanfiction on whether or not I enjoy reading it. Hell, you can have Scorps and Subby doing the tango for all I care.... So long as the story is GOOD.

And bravo to this story.

I haven't a formula for working out fanficiton ratings, so I don't rate them.