tremor

Tremor was a spin-off character from a spin-off game I don't think so.

Chameleon: Not known but I hope so.

Khameleon: Not known but I hope so. (She is a female version of Chameleon)

Meat: Doesn't matter 60 characters already are confirmed.

There are about 58 on the render. :

Add +1: Bob the Konquest guy

Add+1: Motaro. (Unless he is in the render than never mind)

The lowest amount of characters there are in it is 57, but I'm pretty sure there were 58.

60 would be those two added.

BTW if they add Khameleon, Chameleon, and Meat that would make 63.

They also confirmed all characters from ALL MK games would be back so Tremor/etc. May be in it for real. Funny huh?

There are 57 in the render poster. There are 59 confirmed characters. Khameleon, Chameleon, Meat, and Tremor probably won't make the cut. There will be atleast 59 characters. Plus the thousands that people create...so I'm guessing around 30,000 chracters XD

pheonix said:

Sareena was from another action game, just as Tremor was.

Rain was from a game not even made by Midway, but from whichever (acclaim/williams) producer put out MKT. Midway just held the license is all.

So Tremor, Kameleon and Chameleon would have just as much right to be in the game as any other since they used Sareena.

Personally, I didn't want to see any MK characters that weren't in an official arcade game. I hated Rain with a passion because of that exact reason until I saw his MKA outfit. That thing is just <3.

a little preview of my new favorite costume

stsung27cc.jpg

K1LLKANO said:
pheonix said:

Rain was from a game not even made by Midway, but from whichever (acclaim/williams) producer put out MKT. Midway just held the license is all.

So Tremor, Kameleon and Chameleon would have just as much right to be in the game as any other since they used Sareena.

Personally, I didn't want to see any MK characters that weren't in an official arcade game. I hated Rain with a passion because of that exact reason until I saw his MKA outfit. That thing is just <3.

stsung27cc.jpg

LOVIN the preview :wink:

I hope they add those characters, but if not I don't think it's a big deal. It's not like they are majorly known characters. Most people (that aren't forum whores) don't even know they exist.

K1LLKANO said:
pheonix said:

stsung27cc.jpg

Sareena was also in MK:T addition. (Tournament )

So she wasn't just a spin-off. Plus I'm ninja lover thus I would love him back. Don't forget Rain was from UMK3 first.

Tremour was a minor character. I never played MK:SF but knew about him, so I never expect him ever to return. Sareena was another case. I never played MKM:SZ nor knew much about it so didn't know about her until I read info on her... AFTER MK:D and read info on MK:T.

Nope, Rain was not in the arcade version of UMK3. He was created by Williams, not Midway, for the home ports.

This is the arcade select screen from UMK3

umk3select.jpg

K1LLKANO said:
Nope, Rain was not in the arcade version of UMK3. He was created by Williams, not Midway, for the home ports.

Well, it kinda depends how technical we want to get here. Rain was in that opening movie thing in the arcade version of UMK3, so even though he wasn't playable or fightable or anything, Midway and the MK team did already have him as an idea even before the home versions of UMK3 and MKT.

But even though he didn't have his own moves and everything until those games we've mentioned, I dunno, I still thought that Boon and company created his character. Have they said that they didn't?

UK playstation magazine PSM2 recently used Tremor as an example of playable characters. I'm not saying it's for definite but its odd for them not to say characters like Scorpion and Raiden instead

Though yeah... It is kinda odd. But not when you think those characters are normally playable anyway and that Tremor isn't. Though it doesn't really matter in the long one. One less characters isn't gonna ruin the fun considering you have like 60 others you can use.

I'd be happy if Tremour was only in conquest mode as a character you could beat up (again) and interact with insted of a fighter.

i seriously think Tremor won't be in it. Unless Ed Boon throws him in Konquest for a small mission, which would totally pwn.

I have no idea who Tremor even is considering I never played MK:SF. (wasn't that for Dreamcast?) And Phoenix just a minor correction, it's Mortal Kombat: Tournament Edition, MK:TE for short. It was a spinoff on MK:DA with additional characters, much like MK:Unchained is for MK:D.

Spin-off?

Nope. It was cannon. The characters had sensible stories behind them.

SF for PS1, and MK:MS were spin-offs. Although they are considered part of the time-line even by the highest rated cannon guides.

When I say spinoff I mean "similar to but not exactly like". Notice I didn't say there were spinoffs of hte MK universe, just of those two specific games.

Ah, I see but IMHO the only spin-offs are still MK:SF, and MK:MS.

If that was what you are saying then:

MK:Gold is a spin off

MK:T and UMK3 is a spin off.

MK:A for the GBA is a spin off (this one I partially agree on)

MK:TE is a spin off

MK: D DD is a spin off. (Don't ask what the DD stands for)

Etc.

Thus I don't judge it as a spin off. Dragon Quest Yanguse's tale/etc. Is a spin off DQ8 isn't. If you see what I mean.