Resident Evil 3

ChiefThunder

Love them or hate the them, I'm looking forward to yet another round of miss Jovovich toting guns and blasting the living crap out of the undead. Yes, I'm talking about RE3. Some details below at Jo Blo's Emporium. Knew they were gonna make another sequel, just didn't know when, heh.

picresidentevil2.jpg

If you asked me when the movie was released, I never would've thought that RESIDENT EVIL could've grown into a franchise like it has. I'm still not exactly sure how it has... but that's beyond the point. RESIDENT EVIL 3 is gearing up to start filming and today some details about the film have been revealed. Obviously Milla Jovovich will return as Alice with Oded Fehr, Mike Epps and Iain Geln signing on to reprise their roles of Carlos Olivera, LJ and Dr. Isaacs respectively. The film will follow Alice as she cuts through the Nevada desert on a trek to Alaska looking for revenge. On her trail, natch, are packs of blood-thirsty zombies and lab rats. Paul WS Anderson has again written the script with Russell Mulcahy of HIGHLANDER fame directing. But do we need another RESIDENT EVIL movie? Won't SILENT HILL show 'em how it's done? Filming on RESIDENT EVIL 3 (subtitled EXTINCTION?) is scheduled to begin this May in Mexico.

I guess that the next thing we will have is RE5 on the XBOX360.

Well i was on a different site and thats not what i read. It says that alice has to fight of some corprete (forgive my spelling) clones. But then i read somewhere else that in the second movie Project alice was activated and in this one jill I think is the main character. Remember these could just have been rumours

Baphomet said:
This is all old news to me now about this movie like 2 months backs

Old news huh? Then why is it that the above article posted on the 8th of March 2006 is just 6 days old? Yet you say you've known all of this 2 months ago. How about instead of telling all how old it is and talking about the movie instead, dude? That is of course if you're a RE fan.

RE fan here!

This is good. Plus RE5 as we have been supposively told it will be called looks great from early screen-shots in the GI/GR/IG/EGM article a few months back. (I think it was in 2005 )

Hopefully it will be a good movie. As I don't want RE movie series turning into the next Super Mario Bros. Movie. Because IMHO the movie sucked, but the games are great.

I don't think that info was around 2 months ago from what I can remember and I checked around on different RE forums, so I should know.

XxJadexX said:
They just continue to rape my favourite video game to pieces.
Tell me about it,i actully cried when i saw resident evil 1,(What?i was 9 and it was my fvt video game and it was shit,they didn't even go to the police station in the 1st movie)...

I just want to add that im sorry it's ben a week or two sins i posted but i got to spend more time with my friends(not saying that you guys are not my friends!..!)But you got what i mean..Oh ya and im gonna do my operations on 28 june so i might die before the release of armageddon!
OOOps im going off topic..Well :lol:

I think Tear of the Dragon is a little confused in RE1 (The game) They weren't in a police station they were in a mansion.

In the movie they were in the Hive, and I thought that was better than the real RE1 game.

RE2 the Police Station was in, as it was in RE:A.

RE3 was almost a add on to RE2, but it was quite different in the characters and storyline and the begining was put in RE:A. (If you watch the interview they say they took parts from the games and put them in the movie itself.)

The movies are allright

The first one was the best and then as for the second movie its allright not exactly the best

pheonix said:
I think Tear of the Dragon is a little confused in RE1 (The game) They weren't in a police station they were in a mansion.

In the movie they were in the Hive, and I thought that was better than the real RE1 game.

RE2 the Police Station was in, as it was in RE:A.

RE3 was almost a add on to RE2, but it was quite different in the characters and storyline and the begining was put in RE:A. (If you watch the interview they say they took parts from the games and put them in the movie itself.)
I ment that the police station is my fvt part in the whole series!i was waiting to see it in the film!

I so agree with Jade. RE is not my fav video game series but it's on my top 5. They are insulting the game series with those movies and they make the game look dumb because of it.

I don't mean to say you're wrong but...

Part of those movies scenes come from the game so really when you say they insult the game you are insulting the game X_X. (Interview watch anyone?)

Seriously though they can't make them just like the game that would be impossible and who would want to watch something they just saw off of the game system? No one.

Another thing be glad they aren't like Street Fighter and Super Mario Bros. Movie they seriously sucked these RE Movies so far have been pretty good. Sure they had those ZOMG UBER suck moments but they improved some of the things than other series have done.

Yep, Resident Evil fan here! My fave was prolly Nemeis for the GameCube, also the other reamakes for the gamecube was badasss too. Zero, 2 (With Leon and Claire), 3 (With Jill and Carlos), and last but not least part 4.

Part 4 was soooo badass. I love how you aim the guns and such. Nice new direction IMO. Sucks it was true to the old story line with Umbrella and such, eh it was badasss. Like the way you had to baracade the house to stop the brainwashed villigers from getting in And, oh lets not forget about the Voorhes wanna be running around with the chainsaw and a burlap sack over his head. lolol

Only bad games were....Survivor, and Dead Aim. Those sucked soo much ass it wasnt even funny.

i remember RE1 for playstation, fuckin classic game, the scariest part is the beggining when you run into the first zombie, and he starts walking towards you and you dont know how to aim well and you almost die, good shit. they shouldve stuck to the story in RE1 had they stuck to that story, the franchise mightve had a chance to survive, they didnt even have tyrant in the movie, bullspit, fuckin bullspit.

LOL. Have you played REmake yet? They aren't bad even though they are on the dreaded kiddy Game Cube. LMAO.

On topic:

I'm looking to get a longer film and more monsters this time around, I hope they do and not start going into Super Mario Bros. Land Bwahahahah. :cry:

yeah, actually thats the only reason why i got the gamecube. is to play RE0 and the remake, the remake is pretty good, better fmvs, some little drifferences though,but anyway, they shouldve stuck to the story, they should do a cgi movie that sticks to thr game, like final fantasy advent children, like how the FF movie sucked(even though the cgi was good), and they decided to make a movie.