Silent Hill

Hmm doesn't look too bad. Silent Hill could be a good game adaptation, of course they said that about Doom, Bloodrayne, Street Fighter, Mario and the other video game based movies. Silent Hill's chance for success do sound slim, but I would be willing to see it still.

wow that ain't bad this might be actually one of the better video game to movie transitions, definetly going to check it out and let you guys know how it is, on a side note I am back to being a posting whore as I have nothing to do and my workload is very minimal so time to slack off

That looks good and hopefully will be. It may even become as good as RE:A

IMO Resident Evil Apocalypse was pretty close to the Resident Evil video games just different characters.

If it doesn't turn out good I may cry.

I am a SH nut!

Recently I viewed the trailer and was not overly impressed. Yet I was not disappointed by what little I saw. This movie has alot to live up to, Imo. And watching the trailer is not much of an indication as to how good or how bad it will be. At least I hope they've got the damn story correct and haven't tampered with it. Also there's the GORE element. I can just see this movie being censored :roll:

THEY BETTER NOT HAVE FUCKED IT UP! :wink:

I am also a Silent Hill-aholic, and I too was not impressed when I first heard about this film. I thought it'd be another 'hmm, I once played that game for half an hour, I think I'll make a film that vaguely has something to do with it and name it after it"
IE; doom - has guns in it
RE - has zombies
SF - has someone kicking someone else
Mario - Ok, this has nothing to do with the games at all
Silent hill is actually going to be Canon aparently, and instead of focusing on an existing game, it will be a new story entirely, looking forward to this one

I've never found any games scary although if you lived the life I have there is a good reason.

Silent Hill3 near the begining where that bitch pops out of the wall scared the hell out of me. LMAO I hate that crap but it is pretty good to scare me.

Plus my favorite genre is horror-films thus I watch many gory things that really don't bother me like back when I was 5.

If anyone finds this familiar, I posted it on REfan.

Just watched the trailer, and it looks as if I'm going to be very disappointed. Why are there so many people? SH is supposed to be deserted. What's with all the cops and news coverage? If the police and press knew about silent hill, the army would have nuked the place. And why the fuck is Harry a woman? They could have just written a new chapter in the series, but it just looks as if they just lifted SH1, swapped Harry's gender and added the Pyramid Head just because it's popular

@ Goraka

People aren't exactly going to be enthused about a movie with a completely deserted town that mimics a video game perfectly. You should be thankful that the filmakers worked closely with the original team and made a script based on the main theme of the first game. This isn't Paul Anderson's Resident Evil (thank God for that). Hell, they've used Yamaoka's music unchanged from SH1 and 2 and even worked in some CGI effects similar to SH3's. There's obviously more to the story than meets the eye (the cops, news coverage etc); the town, as in the hell lived by the protagonist is still deserted like the the first game. Just like the games, the protagonist lives in his/her own hell, while the situation seems mysterious to others (eg. Laura asking James if he's blind because he asked her what's a little girl doing in SH).

Bottom line is, they made a movie that stands on its own without mimicing the game series perfectly. It's the way it should be, otherwise it would a very predictable boring mess.

Think about one thing though; a female protagonist in this situation is a much better and attractive choice for a movie. Not some middle aged widower looking for his "adopted" daughter.

pheonix said:
That looks good and hopefully will be. It may even become as good as RE:A

IMO Resident Evil Apocalypse was pretty close to the Resident Evil video games just different characters.

If it doesn't turn out good I may cry.

HA! REA was practically NOTHING like the game. the only similarities were Jill, Nemesis, and Umbrella. thats it. completely opposite, if you're thinking in my direction.

SH looks pretty good to me. rarely any use of CGI in it. i wanna see it SO freakin bad!

BOTH RE movies had dick to do with the games. I am an obsessed RE fan and I almost died when I watched that shit.

The RE movies coul've been much worse, Jade. I am a big RE and SH fan for many many years. But this new SH movie will be better than expected (it has to be) Or I will die.

Umon Daisuke said:
@ Goraka

People aren't exactly going to be enthused about a movie with a completely deserted town that mimics a video game perfectly. You should be thankful that the filmakers worked closely with the original team and made a script based on the main theme of the first game. This isn't Paul Anderson's Resident Evil (thank God for that). Hell, they've used Yamaoka's music unchanged from SH1 and 2 and even worked in some CGI effects similar to SH3's. There's obviously more to the story than meets the eye (the cops, news coverage etc); the town, as in the hell lived by the protagonist is still deserted like the the first game. Just like the games, the protagonist lives in his/her own hell, while the situation seems mysterious to others (eg. Laura asking James if he's blind because he asked her what's a little girl doing in SH).

Bottom line is, they made a movie that stands on its own without mimicing the game series perfectly. It's the way it should be, otherwise it would a very predictable boring mess.

Think about one thing though; a female protagonist in this situation is a much better and attractive choice for a movie. Not some middle aged widower looking for his "adopted" daughter.

BUT...

The film obviously wouldn't feature hours upon hours on running around streets looking like you've crapped yourself like Harry loves to do. In the SH games there are a handful of characters that appear in key points of play and cutscenes, and seeing as they are - for the most part - where all the story takes place, Then what characters that there are could have been throughout the bulk of the film. Surely, it isn't hard to write an original script and keep it canon, especially in Silent Hill, where (aside from SH3) you can pick up and play a game without any prior knowledge to the series. There is no need to just lift the story entirely, changing very key points. The one way this could be saved is if, having failed to get Cheryl and Heather, the Gillespies try to coax another young girl into Silent Hill in much the same way they did the first. I hate it when things aren't Canon, especially with Silent Hill, being the first game I was ever truly gripped by.

I'm going to see this movie tonight. I'll try to restrain myself from dancing a little jig when Pyramid Head comes and pwns the hell out of everyone.

After careful consideration, I'm going to go see this film, and I'm going to enjoy it, even if it kills me. But next year Metal Gear is supposed to be getting a big-screen adaptation I heard today, and if that is shit, I'm taking it as a personal insult.

Actully,i'm not a big fan of SH,only the second one took my full attention,the story is just great..A sick guy killed his wife than 3 years after getting a letter from her is just WOW,that's creaping..And the best thing about the SH games and RE will never have,is that each game has diffrent story-line..So it wouldn't be hard to imagine the movie as another game,and actully making a game based on the story-line of the movie